Per ESPN, UK not included on Markelle Fultz’s final list

Well, so much for that. Kentucky is not even listed on Markelle Fultz’s final schools on the press release from ESPN. According to the Worldwide Leader, Fultz’s final three are Arizona, Louisville, and Washington, the three schools he took official visits to this month.

You knew things were a little fishy earlier when Adam Zagoria posted a story quoting Fultz as saying he may take a visit to Kentucky this fall and minutes later, Paul Biancardi breaking the news that Fultz will announce tonight. Evan Daniels tweeted that he believes Fultz will commit to Washington, who has now taken over the lead in his Crystal Ball.

Last minute smokescreen? Perhaps. Either way, best of luck to the kid if he doesn’t pick Kentucky. We ain’t for everyone.

24 Comments for Per ESPN, UK not included on Markelle Fultz’s final list

1. CatsBy80
    2:46 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

wasn’t this the kid who said UK is his dream school? or am i mistaking him for somebody else?

2. StuckatWork
    2:51 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Washington? Good to see these East Coast kids learning the best way to get to the league is by heading out to the Pacific Northwest!

Seriously though…seems UW and Duke are our two biggest recruiting rivals since Cal arrived. Just not sure what these kids see in Washington.

• Aaron Harrison
      3:24 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

When I came to Kentucky, I was the number one star. Now I have to battle a Slovenian and a Slovakian for a roster spot on Charlotte Hornets. Cal’s magic sure worked great for me

• NotAaronHarrison
      3:44 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

See, now there is the rub, isn’t it? Cal isn’t magic. It takes hard work, dedication, and maturity to succeed at any profession. Cal doesn’t magically make those things appear in your personality.

• StuckatWork
      3:50 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

I find it hilarious that this is the ammunition for haters right now….a kid making the league, but fighting for a roster spot. Not bad if that’s your example of failure.

• UKfaninLou
      5:19 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Aww, look at the UofL fan still butthurt about Aaron’s shot that sent them home in 2014. Love it. Y’all make it so much fun to be a Cat fan!
      Best of luck to the kid. Whatever.

• Peyton Siva
      10:22 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Or you could be me! Buongiorno!

3. kentuckyrld
    2:58 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Going to Washington is what the kids do who don’t have enough guts to play at the top.

4. Confused?
    3:00 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Based on the whole “saw all we needed to see” quote it sounds as if something negative happened on their unofficial visit. I wonder what could have turned them off so much.

• Bluebloodtoo
      3:45 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

it does sound like something negative happened, but it doesn’t necessarily have to have been on his visit.

5. BBNBIGTIME
    3:11 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Actually, we will do well to “miss” on this one. Paint me unimpressed by the kid’s highlight reel. He seems a step slow and not terribly athletic. Good shooter, but doesn’t seem to have that bounce that many of the successful guards in Cal’s system have. 247 might have him in the top 10, but Rivals has him sitting on the outside of the top 20. If we were to add him, it might mean missing on Malik Monk or Kobi Simmons, two top 10 players who are both A LOT better than Fultz. Monk might be a long shot regardless if we add Fultz or not, but Simmons seems to be a near lock; I would hate to add Fultz at the expense of Simmons (or another top 10 player like Dennis Smith who is listed as “high” on UK by Rivals).

6. Notworried
    3:14 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Won’t hurt my feelings. Atkins and Monk are much better and play defense. From what I’ve seen, he doesn’t play defense and gets all butthurt when the coaches get on him and then pouts, not the type of player we need here. He’s fit right in at Loserville.

7. Car Licker
    3:15 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Glad he is not coming here. Heard he is driving a rusted Geo Metro

8. Mixxy
    3:26 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Not to sound like sour grapes, but he sounds like a kid who came here with demands and was told no. He wanted guaranteed PT, perhaps?

9. memphis
    3:35 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

“Hi, this is Terrance Jones. Can I speak to Markelle?”

10. 54
    3:45 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

If you want to know our top targets look at the kids who have scheduled officials for BBM.
    Harry Giles, Miles Bridges, Rawle Alkins.

• Johnny Cat
      3:49 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Not to mention we are going to go 10+ deep this year…have a December enrollee (Tai) and what appears to be only 2 or maybe 3 NBA picks next year (plus a graduating Poythress). My guess is Cal will only have 3-4 more spots available at most to fill. I’d hold out for the best of the best if I were him as well.

• 54
      4:05 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

I agree. I think ideally Cal would like to have one more name on that BBM visitation list. Probably Malik Monk or De’Aaron Fox.

11. wildcatchick95
    4:39 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Good Luck to him

12. AzubuikeandFitch
    5:09 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Fultz isnt as good as other prospects from 16 anyway. Simmons wont be at UK either.

• RockyMountainWildcat
      5:55 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Any particular reason you think Simmons won’t wind up here? Not trying to be a jerk, just curious bc everything I’ve read from him and his family suggests that he’s a heavy lean for us.

13. wildcatchick95