Paul Finebaum reportedly re-signing with ESPN/SEC Network

Relax, guys; our long Southeastern Conference nightmare is over. Paul Finebaum will reportedly re-sign with ESPN and the SEC Network, according to Dan Wolken.

Finebaum’s previous contract with ESPN was set to expire at the end of this month, and with negotiations stalled, word spread a few weeks ago that he was entertaining offers from Fox Sports and its Big Ten Network. According to this report, that’s not the case anymore, and PAWWWWL will be on the SEC Network for years to come.

Thank goodness. The SEC without Paul Finebaum is like Alabama without houndstooth. South Carolina without “Sandstorm.” Tennessee without checkerboard — oh, wait

[USA Today]

[mobile_ad]

8 Comments for Paul Finebaum reportedly re-signing with ESPN/SEC Network

1. Kat4Life
    5:38 pm July 12, 2018 Permalink

This is great news…..I like Paul Finebaum, he knows the conference and can look at Laura Rutledge without turning into Elmer Fudd…….like the rest of us…….

• michaelb
      7:05 pm July 12, 2018 Permalink

Yea he understands the sec on levels that most people just can’t grasp like the politics side etc and more ways than I can even describe . So I kinda curb my saying anything about his sleepy speech

2. UKFootballYall
    6:17 pm July 12, 2018 Permalink

Not particularly fond of him. He has ZERO personality. No real loss or gain with or without him.

3. Bigblueswami
    6:21 pm July 12, 2018 Permalink

I was momentarily overjoyed as I thought you were reporting he was resigning… Hyphen crushed my hopes. Worst part of ESPN radio is I’m doomed in the summer to either be forced to listen to Finebaum or the Reds get monkey stomped on my commute home.

4. michaelb
    7:02 pm July 12, 2018 Permalink

I like this guy part in bc he’s extremely intelligent and he’s an sec advocate . His show is great also . It’s that he reminds me of Ben Stein in his monotone too calm mannered approach to everything . Soon as I heAr him speak I just start thinking of him saying “Bueler”? “Bueler”? “Bueler”? Ha

5. J. Did
    7:17 pm July 12, 2018 Permalink

I like Paul Finebaum. He is genetically predisposed to live. The ears may indeed be indicative of alien DNA. His progenitor – ADAM – would have covered those ears…..in shame.

6. TBW3011
    8:09 am July 13, 2018 Permalink

Couldn’t care either way, but he was NEVER going to the Big 10. Never. Surely he caved and not ESPN

7. Alleykat16
    9:17 am July 13, 2018 Permalink

Now that Paul has been on the ESPN networks him going to another network to do some other conference would have been sinful. Paul and SEC football is like peanut butter and jelly, so I’m happy that Paul is not going nowhere else. Congrats Paul on your new deal. Now you need Matt on your show a couple times a week he needs a UK representative on the show Matt’s better than them other 2 yahoos that’s on there