Owensboro’s Aric Holman to sign with Mississippi State

Owensboro’s Aric Holman, a four-star power forward, will sign with Mississippi State. The 6-foot-9 Holman originally announced plans to reclassify to 2016 and attend prep school for one year, but those plans changed and he will be a Bulldog next season.

A Kentucky Mr. Basketball finalist, Holman was on pace to be a star in the 2016 class with another year to polish his game. He is a late bloomer with a ton of potential and Ben Howland capitalized on it by jumping on him early.

UK observed Holman a couple times last summer (as did KSR) and again in April, but Calipari never really expressed interest. Let’s hope he doesn’t regret that once he gets a look at Holman in the SEC.

Good luck to the in-state kid in life and in trying to get the ball from Malik Newman.

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for Owensboro’s Aric Holman to sign with Mississippi State

1. Rise
    12:40 pm May 21, 2015 Permalink

I have watched Apollo’s Eli Wright and Owensboro’s Aric Holman quite a few times. I was always more impressed with Eli Wright. Has a decent jumper and is very athletic.

2. Shawn
    12:43 pm May 21, 2015 Permalink

Yeah…..except he and Malik will never play with each other. Malik will head to the NBA after next season. Aric will not report to MSU until after next season. Otherwise a really solid post……

• Drew Franklin
      12:49 pm May 21, 2015 Permalink

Yeah… except for when he and Malik play together next season. Otherwise a really solid, innaccurate, smartass comment…..

• Shawn
      6:25 pm May 21, 2015 Permalink

I completely misread that first paragraph. I humbly apologize, even though I wasn’t trying to be a smart ass.

3. DavidfromTheHomers
    1:38 pm May 21, 2015 Permalink

I’m happy for Aric, and it’s a tad bittersweet for me. I can’t wait to see how he does teaming up with Malik Newman at MSU, but then again, I don’t want them to burn UK next year. The biggest loser in all of this is Rick Pitino. All Rickie had to do was offer a scholly to Aric and he’d committed on the spot. Rick wanted Aric to go to prep school and all these other schools (ie Miss St, Miami, Oklahoma St, Memphis) wanted Holman to come right away. I think Florida was even trying to get Holman to flip as well. Louisville really needs help at the 4 and Holman could’ve provided that right away.

Anyway good luck to Aric and please don’t pull a Chris Lofton or Corey Brewer against the Cats.

• KevinM
      3:16 pm May 21, 2015 Permalink

Everyone knows that if you sign with Pitino, you plan on being a professional in something other than basketball.