Let me take you back to September 26, 2017. It was a simpler time, when the biggest story in Kentucky sports was yet another heartbreaking loss to Florida in football and Immanuel Quickley’s recent commitment. That all changed at 10 a.m. when the FBI’s college basketball probe went public.
It’s wild to think how many things have changed since that day. Rick Pitino and Tom Jurich are out at Louisville, Brian Bowen is playing professionally in Australia, and Kentucky finally beat Florida in football. What a year it’s been.
We’re going to commemorate the anniversary throughout the morning here on KSR, starting with links to our biggest posts from that day. We had some good ones:
- Predicting Rick Pitino’s response to his new scandal
- Even Pat Forde is calling for the death penalty
- LIVE: Matt Jones’ comments on Louisville’s involvement in the bribery scandal
- Local and national media weigh in, call for Pitino’s removal
- WHAT WE KNOW: Louisville’s involvement in the college basketball bribery scandal
- The End of the Pitino Era is Upon Us
Just think, back then, Pitweetos weren’t even a thing.