One day closer to them Gators (Thursday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. We’re another day closer to UK’s game against Florida, and while trying to find goofy pictures of Florida fans this morning, I stumbled upon this creepy GIF. Now I can’t stop watching it. Think of it as the face Ryan Lemond makes when he hears you don’t listen to the show everyday.ย Don’t do that to Ryan Lemond. Turn on the radio/streaming device.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

50 Comments for One day closer to them Gators (Thursday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

Getting closer to Saturday. I hear the weather keeps getting better. A chance for a shower or two, but not a down pour like first thought.

2. ukjaybrat
    10:08 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

So Louisville fans gave us crap for not selling out our stadium the week leading up to the home opener of the New CWS…. well we sold out our opener. and with currently fewer seats. they failed to do the same on a beautiful Saturday Afternoon with perfect weather. What will be their excuse when they fail to sellout a Thursday night game? Not getting up for a top 10-12 team?

3. A True Cat Fan
    10:10 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

1. Will you guys get to do the broadcasting for the CAT Walk this week?
    2. Anyway possible to have the post game call in show on podcast?
    3. Keep doing the same great job you are doing!

• true blue
      10:11 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

1. Probably not.
      2. If the Cats win, yes. If they lose, no. Just like the South Carolina game.
      3. Ok.

4. CATandMONKEY
    10:10 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

Matt is the master of unintended innuendo. Ryan is ready to beat that gator meat. Nice…and it’s not even Friday.

5. Gary Rawlings
    10:11 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

That guy looks like a mass murderer or something. Creepy.

• J-Dub421
      11:08 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

It puts the lotion on it’s skin.

6. CWS
    10:14 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

JERRY CLAIBORNE WAS COACH

7. harry
    10:14 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

oh the debate, “I am the only person on this stage who ________”

balance the budget and had a budget surplus
    support immigration reform
    stood up for religious freedom
    has mad love to a woman
    will be tough on foreign policy
    if allowed will punch the person next to me
    etc.
    etc.

Winner : Trump
    Runner up John Kasich

8. CATandMONKEY
    10:15 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

I graduated from high school and made my first attempt at college at a flagship state university in New England.
    The eighties were NOT overrated.
    Cats by ten.

9. Daniel
    10:15 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

I was 1 in 86, now I will be in the stands when we finally break that streak! I’m looking for Josh Forrest to have double digit tackles and Khalid Henderson to have two sacks. I would like to see Hatcher play well on the edge but we’ll just have to see. Good luck CAYTS and bring it home!

10. @BallBlog_Chad
    10:16 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

more of the Anthony Davis pics from at Red Bull – http://www.redbull.com/us/en/stories/1331747223544/anthony-davis-dunks-the-sun

11. What if Joker had signed Jeff Smoker? Could we have given Jeff that same nickname?

12. Adam in Bowling Green
    10:22 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

Matt, Marine One is the Presidential Helicopter

13. Matt is really making me feel old.

14. Jason
    10:22 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

Marine 1 is the green helicopter that lands on the lawn at the White House and shuttles the President.

15. JD
    10:23 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

Marine One is the helicopter that picks the President up from the White House lawn

16. CHROME HELMET WITH THE POWER K!!! MIX OLD AND NEW SCHOOL!!!

17. CWS
    10:36 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

WE GOT THE SEC ROAD WIN OUT OF THE WAY. LETS GET THE FLORIDA WIN, SEC EAST CHAMPS & SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME OUT OF THE WAY. WHAT THE HELL LET’S WIN IT. REST IS CAKE. GO CATS !!!!!!!

18. Mark D
    10:38 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

Is there a FanDuel League set up for this week?

19. Steve
    10:38 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

Waka Flocka born in 1986!

20. J-Dub421
    10:50 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

If Shannon doesn’t like Star Wars then his opinions lose all validity for me.

21. Bill
    10:53 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

Jared Lorenzens t shirts were being worn on mike and Mike this morning by the his and her hosts!

22. Will
    11:00 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

Matt & Ryan. Can you periscope ksr ? In studio or on remote.

23. How can UL have the easiest bball schedule in the country??? Dey sposed to be ACC!!!

Seriously, they must be playing a real cupcake schedule out of conference if this is accurate. I guess maybe they also don’t play some of the tougher conference teams, or play them once instead of twice in some cases.

• J-Dub421
      11:07 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

I think they were only rating their pre-season schedule, not their full schedule. However, I’m not really sold on the ACC being that tough. There are a few good teams at the top of the ACC, but the drop off is pretty steep.

• ukjaybrat
      11:09 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

aside from the two games they are contractually obligated to play, they don’t play another team in the top 100 except maybe WKU

• J-Dub421
      11:10 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

Ha ha ha ha!!!! Matt just called U of L’s preseason schedule a “caravan of awful.”

• In the words of Emily Litella, “Ohhhhhhhhh, that’s different. Never mind!”

• Realme
      11:12 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

The article I saw said UK had the toughest schedule, and Louisville had the “most disappointing” schedule. That wouldn’t necessarily mean it’s the flat out easiest, just that it’s the lamest relative to their status.

24. Mike
    11:16 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

Ballasteros dies in 2011 Matt.

25. Just Googled it. UNF is in Jacksonville.

In Georgia lots of JC’s have gone 4 year and changed their names, and lots of small schools have merged to become multi-campus universities and changed their names, so you could have the same thing going on in Florida.

26. Realme
    11:18 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

Am I the only one that worries that we started great last season and then fell apart in the second half? We were all this excited last year and then ended up not making a bowl. Of course we have a couple easy games late this time, but still…

• Think positive thoughts man, think positive thoughts.

• J-Dub421
      11:24 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

Our schedule is more balanced this season, and we have more home games. Those close games we lost last season were all on the road, and this season those teams come to us. I still have that niggling worry in the back of my mind just like you do, but I keep ignoring it. Stay positive and keep the faith! Our football culture is slowly changing.

• Realme
      11:26 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

Ok. Positive it is. ๐Ÿ™‚

• J-Dub421
      11:29 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

I really truly think we’re going to a bowl game this season.

27. Mike
    11:26 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

I’m ok if I make it through the day without Matt repeatedly saying moist.

28. Realme
    11:31 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

When Ware got that ball I screamed RUN! as loud as I have ever yelled at a tv. And scared the cat on my lap into slashing the heck out of my leg as he ran away. Spent the rest of the game happily stopping the bleeding, because it was worth it.

• J-Dub421
      11:36 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

Ha! I sreamed and scared one of my cats off my footrest when Towles threw that loooonnnggg pass to Badet.

• J-Dub421
      11:36 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

*screamed, sorry about the typo.

29. Harlem Shake
    11:39 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

Can we do the Harlem Shake song right before every 4th quarter? That would give the crowd a chance to go loco and get everyone pumped up.

30. Laker Cat 18
    11:45 am September 17, 2015 Permalink

There is absolutely NO way Louisville beats Clemson. None. Swinney knows what he’s doing.