Oh where, oh where in Jacksonville is KSR? (Friday Show Thread)

tsbowl

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt, Ryan, and Jeremy Jarmon are somewhere in Jacksonville to recap last night’s basketball win over Ole Miss — which included only the third triple double in UK Basketball history — and preview tomorrow’s TaxSlayer Bowl. Where are they? Tune in to find out, and if you’re the Jacksonville area, come on out and enjoy the show.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

41 Comments for Oh where, oh where in Jacksonville is KSR? (Friday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:14 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

If the Briscoe haters aren’t happy now, they are just dumb. Not only did he accomplish something historic, he did a better job of getting Bam and Derek involved than Fox does (not a knock on Fox, he’s a phenom and I love him). SO happy for Isaiah, and the role Derek played was hilarious and beautiful.

• runningunnin.454
      10:22 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

Some people didn’t appreciate Derek’s antics….check out UKFaninNY under “Briscoe’s triple double leads Wildcats…..”
      Unbelievable.

• Realme
      10:26 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

I don’t know if I want to look. I’ll just get irritated by the stupidity if someone thinks that is something to complain about.

• J-Dub421
      10:32 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

Somewhere cats paw is crying in his breakfast cereal and complaining that Briscoe sucks and is the worst player in the history of ever.

• RealCatsFan
      10:35 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

I worry about ol’ cats paw. I’m afraid that he may be swimming with the Asian carp in the Ohio River. 🙂

• Realme
      10:39 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

I don’t miss all the trolls, but I would like to have CP back. He’s so unintentionally funny.

• RealCatsFan
      10:45 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

Yes, he is like the Barney Fife of trolls…

• THE William Hill
      1:11 pm December 30, 2016 Permalink

He was on another level of absurd.

2. J-Dub421
    10:33 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

Bam is beginning to progress. Once Fox and Monk learn better shot selection (like Murray did last season) we should start clicking along nicely.

• RealCatsFan
      10:36 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

We still need to work on our defense before I can feel confident in us making a deep run in the tourney. However, we have a ton of room to grow, and defense usually develops a little bit later.

• Realme
      10:38 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

Yes! I also think Isaac could still improve and be the help that Bam needs. They still say he’s much better in practice, so we’re waiting for it to click for him in games.

• RealCatsFan
      10:42 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

Isaac has been a bit of a disappointment so far this year. Plays a lot softer than I recall from last year. We need Jorts to come in and give him a dose of attitude!

Maybe try moving Bam to the PF spot for a bit and try Hump or SKJ at center for a while.

• Realme
      10:44 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

Our defense is not as bad as it looks. They’re averaging 12 more possessions than last year (according to Beisner on Leach Report), and last year was a fast team. The opponent gets a lot more possessions too, so they will have more points.
      That said, I don’t see the defense from the 4 spot improving, unfortunately.

• Realme
      10:45 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

I would love for Jorts to coach up Isaac, that’d be perfect. And I wonder how SKJ couldn’t even get into the game last night.

• RealCatsFan
      10:52 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

Sacha is either hurt or deep in Cal’s doghouse – EVERY other player on the roster got into the game last night.

• J-Dub421
      10:59 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

The defense is slowly coming along. We have some good individual defenders, but they need to learn to play team defense. Briscoe and Hawkins are as good of defenders as you’ll see in college ball, hopefully the rest of the team will catch up to them.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:39 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

Well, was the snoring like a McCulloch chainsaw or an Evenrude boat motor?

• Realme
      10:40 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

I couldn’t hear it at all, but it was still funny listening to them giggle about it.

• RealCatsFan
      10:41 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

Sounded more like a 115 Johnson that needs a tuneup to me, rg. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      11:06 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

My wife complains about my snoring; I tell her she snores like an Evenrude. She has no clue what an Evenrude is; but, is too irritated to ask.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:40 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

RE: Ryan’s wife’s snoring on air last night… I love Mrs. RCF with all my heart, but she can saw logs as well as Tai Winyard’s parents. She used to always deny it, until one night while she was aurally assaulting me I called her work number and let it go to voice mail. I then put the phone up to her so she could leave herself a nice message for the next morning. Needless to say, I got familiar with the couch for a few days after that. (I also had to sleep with one eye open for fear of reprisal.) 😀

• Realme
      11:28 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

lol, you’d be back on the couch if she saw this comment.

• J-Dub421
      11:46 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

Don’t worry RCF, we won’t narc on you. 😉

• Post game was epic, and it had nothing to do with the game. 🙂

• RealCatsFan
      11:58 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

She has started to listen to the podcasts of the show, but to my knowledge, she is not looking at the site. I can hope and pray. 😉

5. RealCatsFan
    10:44 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

Wondering why Sacha did not get any minutes at all last night. Everyone else on the squad got at least some mop up minutes. Is he hurt, or just in Cal’s doghouse? I was really hoping to see him contribute this year.

• secrick
      11:20 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

Yeah hope he is ok and stays fired up on the beach.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:51 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

The “Ryan sound” reminds me of a sound that I would hear coming from Tom Crean.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:52 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

The folks in Jacksonville are probably hiding out at home, mumbling about rowdy tourists.

8. JC Ice
    11:15 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

I just saw that Ole Miss trailed Middle Tennessee by 31 at the half when they played earlier this year. How does Andy Kennedy still have a job?

• J-Dub421
      11:24 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

It’s Ole Miss, no one cares about basketball. Most Ole Miss fans barely know they have a basketball team.

• RealCatsFan
      11:56 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

Yep, life in the SEC. I still say we are a square peg in a round hole.

• runningunnin.454
      1:10 pm December 30, 2016 Permalink

Yep, my nephew graduated from Ole MIss; needless to say, he’s a football fan…won’t watch basketball at all.

9. secrick
    11:21 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

Go Cats Beat Ga Tech. This is great a bowl game for us , and the future looks good.

• Realme
      11:27 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

As was mentioned yesterday, so great to have a game to look forward to at this time of the year. I think it will be a good one too, since both teams started their season badly and ended well.

10. J-Dub421
    11:27 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

So Norlander decided to double down on his stupidity….

• Realme
      11:28 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

That is pretty stupid. Like don’t take his opinion on anything stupid.

11. Realme
    11:29 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

The answer is you have Isaiah drive to the basket and you feed Bam.

12. J-Dub421
    11:48 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

Let’s go get that bowl win! Beat Tech! Go Cats!

13. Tuned in late…might listen to podcast later. Nice win last night, nice interview with Stoops (what I heard of it).

GO CATS! BEAT THE RAMBLIN” WRECK!!!

Happy New Year Show Threaders!!!

14. J-Dub421
    11:57 am December 30, 2016 Permalink

You know the players love walking in to a bunch of Cats cheers.