Oh look! Another scandal at UofL!

The Courier-Journal is reporting that three University of Louisville officials are under investigation by the FBI. The investigation is into whether or not the university’s top health executive and two other officials spent federal grant money on non-university purchases.

The C-J’s sources named Dr. David Dunn, the university’s executive vice president for health affairs; Dr. Russell Bessette, the former associate vice president under Dunn; and Priscilla Hancock, the university’s chief information officer, as the three targets in the investigation.

This is, like, the millionth scandal at Louisville in recent years.

Embezzlement U!

Article written by Drew Franklin

23 Comments for Oh look! Another scandal at UofL!

1. Stopover
    1:24 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

Let’s just hope others dont jump on our administration scandals. Cheap shot here and way to premature.

• Bluebros
      1:49 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, I’m hoping that news doesn’t break about Barnhart taking some sugar packets from the break room. Its long been known by those in the athletics department that Sandy Bell is a notorious for swiping unprotected pencils left on desks. Mr. Peevy is said to have an “unreasonable” amount of paperclips in his possession, no doubt the supply closet was raided.

There is a difference between a Louisville scandal and the other 2500+ universities in America. Mostly, they don’t involve dollar dollar bills, y’all!

2. FBI Informant
    1:32 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

You know what’s fun? When we post negative things about UL, knowing that UK has had their fair share of employees with run ins with the law, and UL fans are going to easily point all of them out with a 3sec Google search. It may be wise to not expose our own glass house.

• ukjaybrat
      2:01 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

yes, but after years of UL fans pointing and shaming us for our “fair share” of trouble, they can now sit their, stick their foot in their mouth and shut the hell up. because this isn’t just 1 or 2 incidents in a few years. this is A LOT of bad press they are getting for federal law breaking all in one year. and i for one… am LOVING IT !

3. FBI Informant
    2:15 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

Really?
    I, for one, would never wish ill will on a University and the ridiculous amount of good that both schools do for their communities, just bc I don’t root for their sports teams. You all need to reset your priorities in life.

4. Bluecreeker
    2:23 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

FBI….uh, this is a UK “homer” site….you might want to spread your specific kind of man love over at the Tard Chronicle. We won’t even get into the seriousness of these issues for UofL….all one has to do is look at the amount of taxpayer money authorized by the Governor for retainer of legal counsel for this “State” University.

• chimichanga
      4:41 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

Man love? Tard? Jesus christ, you are an embarrassment to UK.

5. secrick
    2:30 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

FBI, You card fan , get on your on site. I hope they shut the frigging university down and don’t care who knows it and if you don’t like it i don’t give a crap. u of l is the laughing stock of all sports and i am so glad.

6. FBI Informant
    2:43 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

Uk is my alma-mater.
    But I live in Louisville. Unfortunately my alma-mater has a sports fanbase where the vast majority never went to college and therefore cannot conseptualize the difference between sports and real-life.

• dvb0378
      3:36 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

So attending an institution of indoctrination qualifies one to know the difference between sports and real life? Apparently our current president didn’t get the memo since he’s obviously living in an alternate reality. I really can’t stomach pretentious bastards who think their college degree somehow makes them superior to those without said degree. You sir are one of those previously referenced pretentious bastards. Good day!

• Eazy
      3:40 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

Since you live in Louisville and went to UK, you should know Lexington is one of the most educated cities in the country. Louisville is below average nationally, and not even close to Lexington in terms of college degrees per capita. UK is also a better university than UL by every measure. As for sports, UK fans are more educated as well…8>3, 33-15, #L1C7, etc…I’m not sure if you can conceptualize that, though.

7. Mathlete
    3:08 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

When I toured UL’s campus during my senior year of high school (I was young and confused, give me a break), I remember thinking that it reminded me of the prison yards in Shawshank Redemption. While they’ve done a lot of upgrading around campus since those days, I’m glad to see it was purely cosmetic and the criminals are still feeling right at home.

8. jaws2
    3:12 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

Sure, and you obviously ‘graduated’ from UK without having spelling skills. I won’t bother to point out where you are deficient, but it’s where you tried to use one of those ‘big city words’ we dummies don’t know the meaning of anyway. Perhaps someone will point it out for you.

9. You had [email protected]
    3:21 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

FBI, c-o-n-C-e-p-t-u-a-l-i-z-e. The “vast majority (who) never went to college” are certainly represented here in some measure. However, if you are going to cast aspersions upon your alma mater’s fan base perhaps you should do so on “Kentucky Academic Radio”. If you chose to post comments of “the most ridiculous manner” I would suggest using spell check so we may all bask in the radiance of your grandiose command of the English language lest none of the uneducated peasant be afforded the opportunity to vociferate upon your personage.

• rosquirto
      3:47 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

well said fine sir. I read that in an english accent and it was magnificent haha

10. J-Dub421
    3:43 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

Notice FBI says he graduated from UK, but not that he’s a UK fan? Clearly a U of L fan. Also every UK fan I know who lives in Louisville (myself included) hates U of L because we have to deal with their asshat fan-base every freaking day.

• Eazy
      3:50 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

Exactly. They are the most ignorant fan base I have ever seen. I have lived in Louisville, Lexington, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Atlanta and Miami. Never seen anything like UL fans in any of those. UK has our share of crazies, but we are a knowledgable fan base in general.

• chimichanga
      4:44 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

I live in Louisville, and I can tell you that the U of L fanbase sits squarely at the intersection of ignorant redneck and wannabe thug. It’s not a good look.

• Bluecreeker
      4:53 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

@chimichanga – Hey bud, do I detect a racial tone to that response, we wouldn’t want to embarrass UK with comments such as your now would we?

11. rosquirto
    4:06 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

Any other school and the University president doesn’t survive but he makes UL a lot of money. thats the bottom line unfortunately

12. david8577
    4:55 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

UL is much like Syria, some things just need to be burned to the ground so they can start over.

13. The Professor
    7:08 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

I think I just lost about 5 IQ points, just by reading this comments section. Some of our fans like to proudly show off their lack of intelligence.

14. FunkyMonkey
    9:22 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

that place is literally out of control