Of all the commitment videos in the world, this is certainly one of them…

Bryce Mostella, a four-star defensive end out of Grand Rapids, MI in the class of 2020, announced his commitment to the 2019 Citrus Bowl runner-up Penn State Nittany Lions on Friday afternoon.

What relevance does this have to Kentucky football recruiting? Well, none really. Mostella did hold an offer from the Wildcats and UK’s go-to recruiting guru for Michigan recruits, Steven Clinkscale, was his primary recruiter, but Kentucky wasn’t seen as a serious candidate to land the talented pass-rusher.

The way he announced his school of choice, though, is what makes this important for the Big Blue Nation to see.

I promise it will blow your mind and/or freak you out. Likely both.

Between multiple conversations with himself in the dark, getting beaten up by himself, the paint, the dancing, and the five seconds of Mostella’s actual commitment, this thing is a true masterpiece.

Or a failure. I still haven’t decided.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

18 Comments for Of all the commitment videos in the world, this is certainly one of them…

1. imabucket
    8:26 pm July 6, 2019 Permalink

I think it’s a little bit of everything besides what we would call a masterpiece. Not really a word for it in the English language. Let’s just be thankful that the Kentucky Wildcats name isn’t on that video .

• imabucket
      8:28 pm July 6, 2019 Permalink

Maybe our own Kalil Branham has started some kind of trend with commitment videos , but I don’t think we’ll see a better one in our lifetime

2. John Capilari
    8:39 pm July 6, 2019 Permalink

Maybe Enzo will see this, and not wanting to be associated with this weirdo, flip to BBN?

3. Trey
    8:58 pm July 6, 2019 Permalink

This kid is a HEADCASE!!! We don’t want or need weirdos like this fruitcake! Have fun bumping cheeks with coach franklin! Lol

• unbridled
      12:19 am July 7, 2019 Permalink

Agreed. This was just a really stupid idea. These announcement videos and reveals need to stop yesterday. Sooooo stupid. No way around that.

4. nocode96
    9:08 pm July 6, 2019 Permalink

Meryl Streep would be standing back in awe of this acting.

I thought at first “ah, it’s just some kid living out a scenario that he’s been dreaming about for a while. Terrible acting, but not that bad”. And then…the paint, and that old Timbaland song, and most unsettling, that dance. This is legit some Adult Swim, 2 am on a Saturday, made for stoners weird out stuff.

• imabucket
      12:22 am July 7, 2019 Permalink

I almost just pissed my self laughing .I went through the same set of emotions that you did .

5. 4everUKblue
    9:20 pm July 6, 2019 Permalink

I gotta tell ya, I’m damned glad he chose Penn St.

6. notFromhere
    11:55 pm July 6, 2019 Permalink

I think it’s creative and courageous, no matter how “good” or “bad” it seems. More power to him. I just dont see how anyone chooses PSU anymore… They’d have to raze the place and rebuild before I’d want to spend time there as an athlete

• Agreed. Good or not it’s extremely creative and I respect the kid for doing it. It’s also asinine for people to call him a head case based on making the video. Sheep with zero creativity react that way. The same types who, as we see, are dumb enough to celebrate not getting a 4 star recruit over something as innocuous as an offbeat commitment video.

7. Trey
    12:48 am July 7, 2019 Permalink

It’s creative alright!!! And dumb as &@$$ too!

8. snakeman3342
    1:16 am July 7, 2019 Permalink

Why didn’t he get the right color blue? That looked more like our blue than Penn State’s. I can somewhat appreciate the effort put into the video but it’s kind of a mess. With all that being said I would still rather watch that 10 more times than hear anything else about Blackshear.

• nocode96
      10:10 am July 7, 2019 Permalink

Complains about people not shutting up about Blackshear: is the only one talking about Blackshear.

9. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    4:07 am July 7, 2019 Permalink

Are all Pen St players/commits secretly R. Kelly fans for the wrong reasons?

10. leftygilmore
    10:20 am July 7, 2019 Permalink

How many players that release these kind of commitment videos pan out and actually play in NFL?

11. Racerr11
    11:25 am July 7, 2019 Permalink

Worst I’ve ever seen. What a joke and a major headcase.

12. trujustin
    1:08 pm July 7, 2019 Permalink

Hands down the best commitment video I’ve ever seen!

13. UoKFB PHAN
    1:24 pm July 7, 2019 Permalink

Someone cue ‘The Twilight Zone’ theme song please. On the signpost up ahead its the ‘Penn State Commit Zone’…