Novak Djokovic wins fifth Wimbledon title

@Wimdledon

Novak Djokovic defeated Roger Federer at Wimbledon to win his 16th Grand Slam title.

The match became the longest Wimbledon final ever. This match also marked the first time a singles championship was settled under Wimbledon’s new fifth-set tiebreak 12-12 format.

It’s going to be a sad day in sports when Federer, Djokovic and Nadal retire. This is the Golden Era of men’s tennis.

Article written by Kindsey Bernhard

Lover of dogs, sports and beer. @kindseybernhard

8 Comments for Novak Djokovic wins fifth Wimbledon title

1. 4everUKblue
    2:32 pm July 14, 2019 Permalink

Careful posting non UK articles on here, some people get pretty upset if it’s anything but Kentucky related.

2. RealCatsFan
    3:11 pm July 14, 2019 Permalink

I don’t follow tennis closely, but watching parts of this match, and then seeing the grace and class demonstrated by Djokavic has made a fan out of me. And seeing a man who was born in Serbia speaking perfect, fluent English, while also speaking several others, makes the guy even more impressive. And seeing Federer competing at the highest level while approaching the age of forty is also impressive.

3. katmandue2you
    3:46 pm July 14, 2019 Permalink

I’m sitting here watching the 5th set on ABC. Thanks for spoiling the outcome for me

4. terwilliger
    3:59 pm July 14, 2019 Permalink

Thanks for ruining this… I’m watching it on ABC and purposely avoided ESPN all day so I wouldn’t know the outcome. Reflexively clicked my KSR app during commercial break never thinking it would be on here

5. Tom Bombadil
    4:56 pm July 14, 2019 Permalink

Geeez KSR! Wtf? Thx for nothing! I jumped on the website to get some Kentucky news while I’m watching the dang tennis match..dammit man!!! What is your deal? Maybe the ´Cabs´ will win this time

6. kuhlkat
    5:48 pm July 14, 2019 Permalink

Federer let go of the rope at the end.
    Surprising

7. nocode96
    8:29 pm July 14, 2019 Permalink

Joker, Federer, and Rafa are phenomenal no doubt, and it is a great time for men’s, and women’s, tennis. I wouldn’t be so quick to call this the golden age of men’s tennis. Remember, stuff existed before the year 2000. I’m only 37 and I’m far from one of those people who poop on new stuff, I love new stuff. However, Arthur Ashe, McEnroe, Sampras, Agassi, Connors, the list goes on…and that’s just the American tennis players. A side note for anyone who is casually into tennis, American women sorta dominated for a while thanks to the Williams sisters, but that’s sorta fallen off, however, there are some phenomenal young American women starting to make noise, it’s about to get really fun again.

8. shepdog3720
    3:40 pm July 15, 2019 Permalink

Not a fan of the new format in deciding the champion, it took away from the excitement, in my opinion