Northern Kentucky Man Gored in Running of the Bulls

CNN

One Kentuckian is returning home from Spain with a scar and a story to tell.

Aaron Froelicher, a 23-year old from Florence, and his brother Andrew attended the annual festival of San Fermin to run with bulls through the streets of Pamplona, Spain. One beast took Aaron by surprise. He thought the group of bulls had passed him by, but he was wrong.

I ain’t never been hit by a 2,000-pound bull so I guess I learned my lesson there,” Froelicher told the Cincinnati Enquirer.

The bull’s horn dug six inches into Aaron’s hamstring, lifted him off his feet and threw him into the air. He landed on his head and was immediately knocked unconscious. Aaron’s wounds are not life-threatening. The trip to the hospital only delayed their return back to the states for two days.

Aaron dropped another line to the Enquirer that is an all-timer: “You never you really plan for something like this to happen.” Well, when you’re running alongside a bunch of 2,000-pound bulls, that’s a likely outcome.

[Cincinnati Enquirer]

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

13 Comments for Northern Kentucky Man Gored in Running of the Bulls

1. ClutchCargo
    11:07 am July 12, 2019 Permalink

Everybody’s got a plan until they get gored in the leg and thrown in the air. Or something like that.

2. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:14 am July 12, 2019 Permalink

Stupid is as stupid does.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:16 am July 12, 2019 Permalink

And I’m not a vegan or anything, but if you’re going to go out there and harass a bunch of angry bulls, which is what they do, you deserve whatever you get.

• J-Dub421
      12:15 pm July 12, 2019 Permalink

These bulls are for bull fighting anyway, which is revolting and barbaric. I’m not a vegetarian either, but having some dude stab a bull with swords and spears until it slowly bleeds to death is disgusting and not entertainment. We humans can and should do better. I don’t have a problem with eating meat, but animals should be treated humanely and with respect while they’re alive and killed as quickly and painlessly as possible. Eat meat or whatever, just don’t make it suffer first.

• runningunnin.454
      1:36 pm July 12, 2019 Permalink

Google Victor Barrio video from 2016; sometimes the bull wins…not for the faint of heart.

3. Rod Crandler
    11:41 am July 12, 2019 Permalink

This makes as much sense as having an Annual Running Through Interstate Traffic event. Just seems stupid.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:43 am July 12, 2019 Permalink

Yep.

• ClutchCargo
      1:58 pm July 12, 2019 Permalink

People who walk across Dixie Hwy in Southwest Louisville would say “hold my beer.”

4. Kerosenerag
    11:57 am July 12, 2019 Permalink

That’s a big…DUH!!!

5. nocode96
    12:20 pm July 12, 2019 Permalink

You mess with the bull, yada yada yada. Most any Hunter I know respects animals far more than those abusers at peta (they actually killed dogs and shlt just to keep them from being pets, look it up) and I’m no vegan myself, but it’s about time we stopped this crap treatment of animals. I wish everyone who did this kinda stuff would get mauled, they’d learn real quick to respect animals, especially those that are as big as cars with big, sharp stabby sticks growing out of their head.

6. blueforlife