No. 4 Kentucky men’s soccer defeats No. 2 Indiana 3-0

@UKMensSoccer

Your No. 4 Kentucky men’s soccer team just took their incredible start to the season one step further.

The Wildcats took down the No. 2 Indiana Hoosiers by a final score of 3-0, pushing their record to 9-0-1 on the season.

JJ Williams got things started with a bang, scoring the match’s opening goal just three minutes in, assisted by Jason Reyes.

Late in the second half, Reyes returned the favor with a score of his own, putting the Cats up 2-0 over the Hoosiers with just under six minutes remaining.

To top it all off, Williams added yet another goal at the 87:46 mark, his ninth of the season. The score gave Kentucky a 3-0 lead and sealed the deal on a victory over the No. 2 team in the nation.

With 3,503 in attendance, the crowd was absolutely electric, giving the Cats a much-needed home field advantage on the night:

Things are looking pretty darn awesome across the board with UK Athletics.

GO CATS!

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

11 Comments for No. 4 Kentucky men’s soccer defeats No. 2 Indiana 3-0

1. JTHinton
    9:32 pm October 3, 2018 Permalink

Let’s go!!! Been following the team for five or six years now, and while we’ve had big moments before, this season is unparalleled. We need to parlay this into wins in the postseason, however. We’ve lost in the first game of the CUSA and NCAA tourneys each of the past five years that we’ve been in them, despite having top-25 teams.

However, I have a feeling that this team is different! LETS GO BBN

2. kentuckyjoe84
    9:33 pm October 3, 2018 Permalink

Year of the Wildcat?

3. N-UR-i
    9:44 pm October 3, 2018 Permalink

Benny and the CATS!

4. BTownUKFan
    9:46 pm October 3, 2018 Permalink

Congrats to the soccer Cats! Any victory over the Hoosiers is a good win. Who will be #2 next week? GO CATS !!

5. Booby Petrino
    9:47 pm October 3, 2018 Permalink

Kentucky taking over the football world

6. Kat4Life
    9:57 pm October 3, 2018 Permalink

All kidding aside, if we are able to win 2-3 consecutive football games we may have three different Division 1 NCAA Top 5 ranked teams at the same time. We are likely #1 or #2 in the first AP basketball poll. Maybe that high in soccer, and the football team at 8-0 would be top 5 as well.

I can almost guarantee that has never happened in Lexington.

7. ibescootch
    10:19 pm October 3, 2018 Permalink

I was at the game, and UK absolutely dominated. Not that IU played badly, but we just controlled the entire game. Time of possession had to be 70%+ to UK. Incredible win.

8. EagerBeaver
    10:43 pm October 3, 2018 Permalink

I am on vacation and watched the game on my phone. The cats dominated for sure. They should move up to second in the rankings and I’m glad we had a record crowd on hand.

• terwilliger
      7:29 am October 4, 2018 Permalink

Tell you what, I’m no soccer fan, but even I know how dominant Indiana has been in soccer over the years. Multiple national championships. Beating them this badly and being 9-0-1 on the year is pretty freaking awesome. Go Cats!!! Anybody who still doesn’t like Barnhart at this point is just a petty hater. Dude has worked miracles here. As a former basketball season ticket holder I’m upset that tickets are so high now that I can’t afford them, but I still love Mitch and all he has done. Hope he stays here forever.

9. JohnnyCheeseSticks
    7:19 am October 4, 2018 Permalink

Soccer school. Duh.

10. J-Dub421
    9:07 am October 4, 2018 Permalink

Go Cats! Beat those Hoosiers!