Nigel the Parrot’s Sunday Morning Links

Long gone: African grey parrot Nigel, pictured, had been without his British owner for four years and had picked up Spanish instead

Meet Nigel, an African grey parrot who called California home until he mysterious flew away in 2010.  Before he left, the parrot mimicked his owner’s British accent.  It was a long journey home, but after four years he has been reunited with his owner Darren Chick.  Unfortunately he lost his British accent, but he did find the time to pick a new language — Spanish.

Get out your brooms!  The BatCats swept Tennessee over the weekend.  Ka’ai Tom deserves credit, but he can thank me for getting things started off on the right foot Thursday when I consistently let Rocky Top’s centerfielder, Brody, know why he was going to lose (spoiler: it’s because he played for that awful, terrible school).

It is going to be a sad day when Jon Stewart hangs up The Daily Show mic.  Regardless of your beliefs, he’s changed the way news is viewed and helped a generation become more aware of what in the hell is going on around the world.  From the Guardian, Jon Stewart: Why I quit The Daily Show.

A Cubs fan made a smooth move by catching a foul ball with her cup of beer.  Instead of spilling her beer, she just chugged it like a champ.

People are still butt-hurt over Britt McHenry’s tow truck rant, especially at ESPN, with some hoping she’ll get the proverbial ax.  Why this is still a story, I’ll never know.  I just hope there aren’t cameras at UK Parking.  Those people are the absolute worst.  I can’t condemn her actions because I’ve probably shared similar words with the worst people on Earth.  The only difference is that her salary can afford to pay the ticket/tow, whereas UK Parking siphons whatever money you haven’t spent on tuition, books and beer to fund their evil empire.

Steph Curry proved that Anthony Davis is in fact a human being.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

12 Comments for Nigel the Parrot’s Sunday Morning Links

1. Bobbum Man
    11:49 am April 19, 2015 Permalink

Wow you mean people don’t like some entitled blonde degrading someone else who is simply doing their job because she is on tv? stay classy roush…

• BTownUKFan
      12:22 pm April 19, 2015 Permalink

I’m with you Bobbum. There is no way you can justify the behavior of an over-priviledge brat for demeaning someone for doing their job. The clerk was there to collect money, they don’t set the fee and she certainly didn’t tell anyone to tow the twit’s car. Britt the Twit is lucky she didn’t get her pretty face messed up.
      Just because Nick has been busted for illegal parking at UK he believes it’s OK to insult someone because they are a ‘star’ on ESPN. Nick you are what is wrong we people today.

2. Mc12
    12:04 pm April 19, 2015 Permalink

Wow. I guess I was raised a little differently. Although I was a star athlete and good student I was taught that I’m not superior to anyone. I didn’t have a lot growing up, but now that I do, I hope my daughter doesn’t have this sense of superiority. What a douche-headed comment. Unless you’re in the Pat Forde business of being a douche for clicks, get over yourself. Butt-hurt? I don’t know anyone still talking about it except you.

• Mc12
      12:21 pm April 19, 2015 Permalink

Also, a little business lesson. If you do something to tarnish the brand of a company you work for, and you’re easily replaceable based on the value you bring the company you will get fired. So if you want to test that, keep making comments like this on KSR. I get it, you probably aren’t paid, but test it out when you are.

3. yitbos93640
    12:14 pm April 19, 2015 Permalink

So you’re a dick to people doing their job? Good for you….the girl didn’t tow her car, the girl didn’t make her park where she wasn’t supposed to. Sure..UK parking dept sucks, I got towed once…was pissed, but I’m the one who parked where I did…

4. American Errorist
    12:29 pm April 19, 2015 Permalink

Congrats Nick! This will probably be the most comments you ever get in one of your posts.

• Nick Roush
      12:43 pm April 19, 2015 Permalink

Especially in a morning links post. THIS NEVER HAPPENS!!!!!!! But hey, who knew hating parking attendants would get me this much attention because the Lord knows my looks can’t compare to Miss Britt.

5. BeastCat
    12:44 pm April 19, 2015 Permalink

That’s Cubs fan should research what players put on a baseball next she thinks about chugging that beer that a ball landed in. EEW!(Jimmy Fallon Voice)

And spit!

• BeastCat
      12:53 pm April 19, 2015 Permalink

^That^ Sorry grammar police.

• catdaddyd
      6:00 pm April 20, 2015 Permalink

Are we sure that is a girl who the ball in a cup? Looked like Kurt Cobain.

6. theWilkman
    11:52 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

Nick – as someone who was unfairly towed* many times in Lexington, I’m with you. While she didn’t need to get personal, everyone acting all high and mighty needs to re-examine their life. Everyone has crossed a line before, it doesn’t make you a bad person. The public shaming and suspension she’s suffered is punishment enough, no need to call for her job.

*I, along with many of my friends, used to park on Woodland near the intersection of Columbia while we lived in the dorms. We did this for more than a semester, as it was regular street parking as long as it wasn’t street cleaning day. One night, they put up signs with no advance warning that it was now “permit only”, and towed our cars overnight. Literally within a 12 hour span. No notice, no warnings. It was complete and utter extortion. There were 7 of us parked there, they made over $1000 on us alone, not to mention the other cars parked there.

7. catdaddyd
    6:02 pm April 20, 2015 Permalink

If you get your news from Jon Stewart……