NFL Wide Receiver Kenny Stills Arrested in Louisville Breonna Taylor Protest

Houston Texans wide receiver Kenny Stills was among 87 people arrested Tuesday evening at a protest outside of Kentucky attorney general Daniel Cameron’s Louisville home.

The 28-year-old was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and criminal trespassing, along with intimidating a participant in the legal process, a class D felony. Two reality stars were also among the group arrested, Porsha Williams of Real Housewives of Atlanta and Yandy Smith of Love and Hip-Hop.

Hundreds of protesters met Tuesday afternoon at Ballard High School and marched through the streets to the home of Kentucky’s attorney general, the lead law enforcement official in the Breonna Taylor case, to demand for charges to be filed against the three officers who shot and killed the Louisville woman in March.

A seven-year NFL veteran from Oklahoma University, in 2019 Stills started five games for the Texans and caught 40 passes for 561 yards and four touchdowns.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

31 Comments for NFL Wide Receiver Kenny Stills Arrested in Louisville Breonna Taylor Protest

1. bigbluebg
    12:44 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

Disclaimer: I am a moderate.

Can anyone confirm is the following is true:
    Breonna Taylor was asked to resign twice for stealing drugs out of EMT cart/vehicle. Kenneth Walker made a call from prison saying the police didn’t find his stash of drugs and cash, and he was a drug dealer. Two officers rode in the ambulance with the cop who was shot. The officers who came to replace them never searched the house. Which is why KW called and asked his friend to go get the stash.

My opinion, No Knock warrants are to blame for the loss if life. No one should be killed while asleep in their bed. It is a tragedy, regardless if the above facts are true. The only thing it would change is the calling for the officers to be placed arrested and charged with murder. I believe this was caused by bad policy/policing strategy.
    I am not saying that there are not racist cops or that black men/women aren’t unfairly persecuted by police. I have seen this happen to friends of mine, and I hate it. I want to know if these points above are fact/fiction so I know whether or not to ask the DA to arrest and persecute the officers. If they true out to be facts I believe we should stop asking for their heads and focus on why this became a policing tactic to begin with.

I am trying to listen to both sides, decipher what is the truth, and act accordingly. I still believe a lot if the message from the protests are issues in our society we should address. The only thing I am opposed to is the asking for the arrests and prosecutions of officers who may have not done these things with bad intentions. Perphaps they truly were doing their jobs and it resulted in a tragic end for a young woman who was also trying to do the best she could with the opportunities placed before her. I try to see the good in all people, and I try to search for the truth. Media on both sides paint one sided pictures, I hate having to question everything I hear but I believe if you truly care then that is what must be done.

• chardun20
      1:28 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

Why is being asked to resign for stealing, if true relevant?

• bigbluebg
      1:50 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

First off, thanks for actually talking about the intended topic.

My thought process was that if KW was selling drugs that perphaps she was stealing drugs from EMT cart and he was selling them somehow. It could perhaps be part of why the officers were there that night. Not trying to smear her character, I’m truly not. But in my mind, that is a logical leap. Especially for us, general public, who aren’t being given all the facts/information.

Again, not saying that what I heard are facts. I’m just asking for information and conversation.

• ready4nineNOW
      3:50 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

The cops were there because of her boyfriend. Its simple. Read. Not only that, you should be asking THOSE people for souces on their claims.

• bigbluebg
      4:48 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

I did. They didn’t give any.

Which is why I asked it here. Seeing if there was any truth to it.
      Why is asking if something I heard is true bad?

The person that said this is truthful and plugged in…which is one reason I decided to put it out there.

Never will I make that mistake again. Gonna mind my own business from here on out.

• Rocket868
      2:00 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

What in the WORLD are you talking about? Although everything you just said is UNTRUE and has been debunked, you are using that scenario to set up a reasoned argument on why she was murdered. And gives a crap if you a moderate? That doesn’t deflect from your erroneous thoughts. “All Lives Matter”? ACT LIKE IT. Justice for BREONNA

• bigbluebg
      2:53 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

Rocket…I’ve heard these things from multiple ppl which is why I was putting it in a public forum and asking.
      How are you certain that they are untrue?

I was simply asking a question. Searching for the truth.
      Please give me sources for the debunked points I listed.

I never said they were facts, I can’t find anything that says definitively one way or the other that the things were true or false.

• UKgrad80
      3:38 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

I have heard from multiple people that the Earth is flat so that proves nothing. Sounds more like you are trying to plant conspiracy theories to make Taylor look guilty! Shame!

• satcheluk
      3:35 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

Why is that relevant? Nothing she could have done would have warranted being shot. You’ve got to get away from blaming the victims. Her past is irrelevant to her fate. It was murder.

• bigbluebg
      3:53 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

satchel,
      I said that it doesn’t warrant loss of life. I’m guessing that you didn’t read all of my comment.

It is relevant because I want to know if the reason for the officers being there in the first place was a valid one. If not then really we should also be asking who gave the OK to go thru with this.

The actions of the one officer to unload, reload, and unload are awful.
      I mainly was asking about the other two officers who didn’t do that crazy stuff.
      Body cams being off also is a huge issue.

A lot of people want all 3 officers to go to jail.
      I’m not sure that all 3 should go down for the actions of one.

Her past isn’t irrelevant unfortunately, because if she was part of the reason the officers were there then it is less egregious…although still terrible.

I’m exhausted by this…I’m out.

• chardun20
      5:35 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

ready4nineNOW I’m sure you meant sources, not souces, there, really simple.

2. lexslamman
    12:48 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

Persecute is not the same word as prosecute.

• bigbluebg
      1:00 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

I’m sure you knew what I meant.
      I know the difference, but I’m not going to proofread my comments on this website.

• madarchitect
      2:17 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

Thanks, lexattorney!

3. UK_fac_boi
    1:05 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

God forbid you to try and get it right. PROOFREAD. SIMPLE.

By GOD

• bigbluebg
      1:11 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

You made a mistake in your criticism. “to try” lol.

God forbid you actually engage in the conversation I attempted to facilitate instead of getting upset that a comment contains misspellings or grammatical errors.

You seem like a da da dooo u c h ER

• Nickerbocker05
      7:03 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

I agree with u on that one bbbg

4. big cat
    1:11 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

If true, then he should be arrested and if so then he should lose his job. ALL LIVES MATTER!

• bigbluebg
      1:16 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

I’m not saying that. I’m just saying the officers may be cleared of any intentional wrong doing. If the only evidence of this is the phone call then IDT it’s enough to pursue him. But it is enough to validate the search. No Knock warrants are just bad policy and I believe they have already been removed as a policing tactic in most if not all departments.

• chardun20
      1:29 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

All can’t matter until Black Lives Matter.

• ready4nineNOW
      3:51 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

All lives dont matter until black lives matter. Simple

• chardun20
      5:32 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

Thanks ready4nineNOW for correcting me.

5. timbo
    2:09 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

Charges should perhaps be considered against the policeman who emptied his firearm (and I believe, based on the number of shots he fired, actually had to reload). That’s wreckless endangerment, at best…considering all of the other law enforcement combined didn’t feel the need to fire off that many rounds. Without facts, I’m afraid we shouldn’t be calling for “justice” in this way. Perhaps true justice isn’t a grand jury or charges against any or all of the individuals. I do know that whatever “justice” we pine for should be the same “justice” we are afforded. I think I’d like to withhold chants of “lockemup” until certain that is the just resolution. I know I wouldn’t want people calling for my freedom or life without knowing the whole story. Hopefully we are all on the same team, agreeing that people of color feel as if they are-and actually are-persecuted in many situations; and also that this was a terrible situation with warrants that shouldn’t be legal and probably shouldn’t have been signed even though they are/were legal.

6. Carltyra
    3:00 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

The AG handed over the evidence to the FBI so the protest would have never happened if anyone of the people involved had read the paper or watched local news.
    The one officer, no matter whether the warrant was valid or not, should be charged and the lack of body cams is an issue that has to be addressed through the LMPD. This is a non story to me because the 3 celebrities were trying to get press for failing careers. Break the law, go to jail. Just like the other 84 tresspassers.

7. bigbluebg
    3:03 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

Rocket,

I stated I’m a moderate as to try to not get political with the comments. I simply want sources/truth/facts.
    Why did my stating of my political stance, or lack thereof, make you angry. That’s just silly.

I am outraged that she was killed. But I want to first find out who I should aim my anger towards. Is it all 3 police men, just 1, none and the policy/lawmakers, or any combination of these and many, many, more.

Why are you mad at me? I clearly laid out my thoughts, asked for clarification/sources/the truth, and expressed that the loss of life upset me.

The only thing that is almost as bad as a heinous act is wrongfully accusing someone of a heinous act.

8. UKFanSC
    4:19 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

Welcome to 2020…..where the way you get things done is to throw public tantrums until you get your way. Hey !! It works !! Just locate something or someone you don’t like or approve of and whine. Better yet protest. Everyone’s doing it now……and if you’re not on board you’re a damned racist. Loot, shot, riot, paint, whatever suits your fancy. Don’t worry about the police, we’re about to defund them. Hey !! What’s that statue of Abraham Lincoln doing over there !! Tear it down and spray paint the foundation it stood on.

Left wing buffoons. Lock’m up.

9. jaws2
    12:14 pm July 16, 2020 Permalink

NO ONE on this site has all the ‘facts’ of this case. It’s like everything else today. Someone throws a bone out there and the crowd devours it without even thinking it might be poisoned. There is only one reason she’s dead; her boyfriend shot at the cops. This fact cannot be disputed. If he doesn’t pull the trigger, she’s most likely alive today. Keep in mind Walker lied in the interview and said she shot the gun. Should the cops have busted down the door? If policy said yes, then that’s on the policy. The cops were following policy. Right, wrong, or whatever, they would have been following policy. It’s sad and tragic that this occurred but until we get all the facts this is all speculation.
    UKFANSC, I agree with you. This event and others have opened the door to a free for all of destruction on the streets and the commie, marxist, socialist are having a field day. BLM IS a marxist organization that wants this nation destroyed. Anyone, ANYONE, that cares to find out the facts of BLM merely has to review their website to confirm their agenda. It has ZERO to do with black lives mattering, in fact some of their policies will help destroy the black community. Of course black lives matter, and it’s complete BS to say all lives don’t matter.

10. W.C.
    7:20 pm July 16, 2020 Permalink

Why don’t some News organization do a little research about who is funding most of these demonstrators and all the looters arsonists, police abusers, monument destroyers. Who is posting their bond IF arrested? Then let the world what is found .Then let the world know who and what other organizations those money sources are financing. Will this dude be able to play in the NFL if convicted of this felony?

11. The Big Lebowski
    12:44 am July 18, 2020 Permalink

I’m not a moderate.

The Democratic Party and the Republican Party are worthless teats.

Black Lives Matters is a Racist, Marxist Organization comparable to the KKK.

Breonna Taylor should not have been shot and murdered via the incompetence of the State.

No Knock Warrants should be illegal. Abolished.

The War On Drugs should be abolished because it is nothing more than a war on Liberty.

Socialism destroys.

Capitalism isn’t perfect. It’s simply better than any alternative.

Democracy is a scam.

You are being lied to daily.

China lied. Millions died.

Abolish qualified immunity.

Abolish civil asset forfeiture.

The people who should be tried for the murder of Breonna Taylor are the people who approved the policy that led to a No Knock Warrant on Breonna Taylor’s house AND the people who signed the No Knock Warrant.

Charging the Police with the murder of Breonna Taylor is like shooting the neighbor’s cat after your hen house was raided by a rabid coyote.

But most people are too ignorant to think.

So…we get people saying F 12 and ACAB and other stupid half literate nonsense.

No Life Matters to the State. You are a tax battery. That is all.

Your life matters to a few people who love you. To everyone else, you are an abstract idea.

Your life matters to a wider circle than your immediate family and friends only if you have made it so. For instance, if you cure cancer or polio or give billions to charity to help the homeless or disease or illiteracy or if you found a great business or something that affects the multitudes.

If you haven’t done anything with your life, it matters to somewhere between 10 and 50 or so people on average.

Black Lives that Mattered:

Frederick Douglass

Barack Obama

Clarence Thomas

Michael Jordan

Ben Carson

Malcom X

Martin Luther King Jr.

George Floyd’s life didn’t matter. His death matters only because he lived a life of crime and was murdered by a miserable, incompetent, undisciplined, wretched human being who happened to be shiny badge wearing Cop.

Breonna Taylor was involved in crime. It was a choice. Should it have resulted in her death? No. Did her decision contribute to her death. Certainly.

We are all responsible for the decisions we make in our lives. Multiple sources that I’ve read and heard and that I trust have given me the impression that Taylor was involved in illegal activity. She made a conscious choice to take that risk.

The Mayor, the DA, the Judges who were involved in the approval process for the No Knock Raid are the ones who should be held accountable for the death of Breonna Taylor and for the others who were harmed.

The Cops should be retrained or terminated.

The Mayor of Louisville approved the policies of his Police Department. That is where the buck should stop.