New Walk-Ons Podcast about Calipari and More

6918421537_21ba9909a8

For those of you that don’t know, I occasionally (not as often as I would like) do a podcast on the side about college basketball called “The Walk Ons.” My co-host is Ben Swain (a Duke fan) and we talk about whatever is going on in college basketball. Today’s episode is one you might want to catch as we talk a ton about Calipari and the Final Four experience, including some backstage stories from my trip to Dallas. It is entertaining for hopefully everyone, but I am certain it will be enjoyed by UK fans. So take a listen at the link below or subscribe below on iTunes. I promise you will be entertained or your money back:

WALK-ONS episode with Matt and Ben on Calipari

Article written by Matt Jones

16 Comments for New Walk-Ons Podcast about Calipari and More

1. bmack
    10:29 pm April 15, 2014 Permalink

Great news. Love the Walk-Ons podcasts.

2. Ridge Runner
    10:34 pm April 15, 2014 Permalink

A good podcast indeed. Thanks Matt

Question for anyone… A bit off topic but division 1 basketball teams are permitted how many scholarships? I’m thinking 13?? Thx in advance!

3. Blue Jesus
    10:34 pm April 15, 2014 Permalink

Jared Lorenzen’s twitter reaction to the new NCAA snack ruling:

“I’ll tell u what the NCAA really lucked out that I don’t have any eligibility left.”

4. Brooks lady
    10:47 pm April 15, 2014 Permalink

Listening right now….entertaining indeed…learning about Matt’s Nashville friend!

5. wickedgood
    10:48 pm April 15, 2014 Permalink

i like ksr but when matt talks about his hate of U OF L most ky fans despise duke just as much or more .but i agree with him about media an there bullshit and calipari attacks .
    But his hate of conservatives and he being a duke graduate explains his pure narcissism i just hope someday he starts being more reasonable with uk fans and there love of fox news . i do agree with all of his other opinions which is so insane on my part. KSR IS MATT’S BABY BUT DUKE IS EVIL

• Madisonville Martha
      12:23 am April 16, 2014 Permalink

I agree with what you say about Jones and his strange political leanings, but most UK fans hate UNC-Chapel Hill worse than either Duke or Louisville.
      The small KSR activist pool is a skewed sample because some of the sheeple minions on here mindlessly start regurgitating everything Jones and that crowd says. But the professional polling shows that the vast majority of UK fans in Kentucky actually supports Louisville too, except when they are playing Kentucky.

• UK # 1
      1:50 am April 16, 2014 Permalink

Madisonville Martha. SPEAK FOR YOURSELF. REAL KY FANS DON’T GIVE TWO CENTS ABOUT LOSERVILLE.

6. Buckets
    10:57 pm April 15, 2014 Permalink

Great, I wish you guys would do more of these. Oh, no, don’t look now but the comment before mine was made by one of those political wackos …

• Madisonville Martha
      12:25 am April 16, 2014 Permalink

Yeah, the comment before mine here was, too, college boy.
      If you live in a glass house, don’t throw stones.

7. wickedgood
    11:17 pm April 15, 2014 Permalink

do not look above me a bomb thrower should i call you a name like [ass kisser ] it was a great pod cast except for making a bid deal of o’reily asking questions about what he feels strongest about. Matt is mad he has said without a doubt calipari was a liberal [he is not LISTEN TO HIM]. just want our greatest asset [MATT JONES] bringing us information to be honest when things do not go his way . we have 2 coaches who are conservative that he has a great relationship with and he is a duke graduate

8. Mark Ennis
    11:22 pm April 15, 2014 Permalink

What happened to Mark on the podcast???

9. GrumpyOldDude
    11:23 pm April 15, 2014 Permalink

Why would I want to listen to what a Puke fan thinks?

10. Jason
    11:32 pm April 15, 2014 Permalink

Cal is most certainly a Democrat and fairly liberal; if I am not mistaken he has even been public about donating $$$ to Pres. Obama’s election(s).

• Madisonville Martha
      12:29 am April 16, 2014 Permalink

Actually Cal registered Republican and has given money to candidates in both parties, but his comments on political matters have never left him looking like a very informed voter. He should stick to basketball. He kind of sounds like an airheaded soccer mom anytime he tries to talk public policy outside of college basketball.

11. DangeRuss
    6:27 am April 16, 2014 Permalink

I really enjoy your podcast and hope you continue doing it. In fact I think you should do even more of them!

12. CATandMONKEY
    9:00 am April 16, 2014 Permalink

Great stuff! Would love to hear more of these…much more often.
    Many of us (still) anxiously await the long-ago-and-often-promised uncensored podcast. That $2.50 is burning a hole in my pocket.