New plans for Vernon Carey Jr.

Photo by FIBA

Photo by FIBA

Five-star center Vernon Carey Jr. plans to officially visit Michigan State (again) and wants to announce his final decision around Thanksgiving.

He won’t sign in the fall, but after hinting that he may announce in November or December, Carey Jr., seems sure he will pick next month. In November he will also officially visit Michigan State. That may come as a surprise since he officially visited Michigan State in February, but Carey Jr., is one of the first I know in the 2019 class to take advantage of the NCAA’s new official visit rules. You can catch up on those rules HERE. The MSU visit will be his last and he’s set to see North Carolina this weekend.

He spoke with Evan Daniels from 247 Sports about his future plans and his recent in-home visit with Kentucky:

“It was good, we just talked about how their team is looking this year and how they would use me for next year if I end up going there.”

Carey also talk about how UK would use him if he played for Calipari at Kentucky.

“Pretty much similar to how P.J. (Washington) is playing this year. Pick and roll and pick and pop, mid-post and stuff like that.”

He gives more insight on other schools in his recruitment and other pitches so make sure you read the entire article HERE.

I feel confident that Carey ends up at either UK, Michigan State or Duke, but Duke has the momentum after he officially visited the Blue Devils earlier this month and it’s obviously a good sign for Michigan State that he’s officially visiting again.

This wild 2019 class stays confusing.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by TJ Walker

10 Comments for New plans for Vernon Carey Jr.

1. davis2319
    8:10 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

Other than the P.J comment, pretty bland and non detailed comments. Doesn’t bode well for us in my opinion. Need to reel him in though, especially in the wake of Wiseman’s latest update.

2. UKantstopus
    8:32 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

I’m beginning to think we miss out on Carey, Wiseman, Stewart… I trust Cal and at the end of the day, I will focus on who comes here and cheer for them, not focus on who didnt come!!

3. clint w.
    8:34 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

I said it weeks ago I’m afraid Kentucky ends up with 0 of their frontcourt players they have on the board right now. Not sold on Wiseman, Carey, Hurt, or Stewart. We’ve already missed on Twishebe.

4. Aar
    8:48 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

UK has so much to offer bigs that at least one of Cal’s targets will look around and decide to become a Cat if no other big has committed. Since Hurt seems like he’ll be the last good big to announce, it could be him.

5. Perry1987
    9:03 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

Why haven’t you guys (KSR) informed the BBN that Cole Anthony has cut UK from his list!!??Not only the number ol1 pg in the 2019 class but most believe he will take the #1 overall spot in the 2019 class! Very unfortunate news but we will be loaded again next year in the back court with Maxey coming in and our guys coming back. I honestly don’t see any of our back court (pgs) leaving, so we should be fine. But this is still very big news!! This kid is supposed to be the most complete pg coming out of highschool in over a decade!

6. Aar
    10:30 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

Quickley may not be flashy. Give him a season under Cal and I put his odds at first round better than 50/50. Maybe significantly better than 50/50.

7. UKLugo
    8:17 am October 31, 2018 Permalink

I like our chances.

8. KYFAN4LYFE
    11:07 am October 31, 2018 Permalink

“I feel confident that Carey ends up at either UK, Michigan State or Duke..”

Wow….really sticking your neck out with that prediction.

• Kat4Life
      2:24 pm October 31, 2018 Permalink

Yep…..TJ is the Nostradamus of NCAA hoops…….