New Orleans Pelican is Shot and Killed in Texas

Bryce Dejean-Jones

23-year old Bryce Dejean-Jones is dead, first reported by the Ames Tribune after receiving confirmation from the Dallas County Coroner’s Office.

Dejean-Jones was a college basketball journeymen, playing for USC and UNLV before finishing his career at Iowa State.  You might recall that he was briefly recruited by Kentucky to be a one-year graduate transfer.  The undrafted guard signed a three-year deal with the New Orleans Pelicans in February.

The initial reports were….well, there were no official reports as to why he died.  The only bit of information was that he died in Dallas; nothing else.  Slowly but surely, news began to leak of the alleged circumstances.  They are puzzling to say the least.

@alexrievman

@alexrievman

It’s hard to comprehend this confusing situation.  Nonetheless, rest in peace.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

9 Comments for New Orleans Pelican is Shot and Killed in Texas

1. Luether
    7:02 pm May 28, 2016 Permalink

Drugs and/or alcohol were no doubt a factor…

• UK Big Board Update
      12:32 am May 29, 2016 Permalink

And you are no doubt prejudiced, a racist and a bigot….

2. WeareBBN
    3:39 am May 29, 2016 Permalink

Reports say he kicked in the wrong apartment door. Hard to feel bad for people like this. It is the way they live that causes their death. For instance he was in town for his daughters birthday and argued with the mother. Kicked in door of what he thought was her apartment, it was not.
    I know I will never die this way. 1. I would not have to travel to celebrate my daughters b’day and her mother, I live with mine. 2. I would not be kicking in anyone’s door, not even my own. These jerks that think they are above the law get killed and then everyone is so sad and gives the RIP crap. He deserved what he got.

3. GroundControlToNumber9
    5:59 am May 29, 2016 Permalink

If you kick in the door of a home that’s not yours… be prepared for anything. You know… the hell you’re causing coming back at you times 1000.

If you do it and no drugs or alcohol was involved… then you should seriously consider ‘how to stay alive’ classes. But the thing about those classes is you actually have to be alive for them to be able to help.

What a tragic situation for the person who had their home terrorized like this.

4. Denim King
    10:07 am May 29, 2016 Permalink

damn you guys are harsh. he shouldn’t have kicked in the door. The resident of the apartment was well within his rights to shoot him in self defense. but a kid was shot and killed. You have to feel sorry for ANYONE who is killed at 23 years old regardless of the circumstances.

• WeareBBN
      1:24 pm May 29, 2016 Permalink

No you don’t. His choices are the only reason he is no longer here. Like I said, I know for a fact I will never in my lifetime be shot in this same manner cause I am not stupid enough to kick down any door, even my own home, and he did it in early am hours. This was an apartment complex, probably lots of other people sleeping. This guy had no consideration of anyone but his self so the world does not need him. Thank you to the resident of that apartment.

5. GroundControlToNumber9
    12:18 pm May 29, 2016 Permalink

This is a Darwin award winner and the only reason he’s in the news is because he played pro basketball.

Yesterday 150,000 people died… this guy (because of his actions) was on the waiting list.

• WeareBBN
      1:25 pm May 29, 2016 Permalink

AGREED. Of all those that died yesterday lets feel sorry for the ones who did not deserve to die, not those that did.

6. msnthrop
    8:22 pm May 29, 2016 Permalink

For the sake of the women and child I’m glad he kicked in the wrong door…what would he have done to them if he was at the right apartment?