New ad-free version of KSR app now available

We have made some new changes to our Kentucky Sports Radio mobile app with the addition of the new podcast feed and the option to sign up for a new ad-free version of KSR.

For all of you podcast listeners out there, the app’s podcast page is up to date with the new iHeart podcast feed that went live this week. In case you missed the news, we were forced out of the old feed and into a new one on Monday, so you’ll need to subscribe to the new page if you haven’t already. You can do that by clicking on the new KSR podcast feed on iTunes. The old feed will no longer carry any new KSR shows.

Then we’re excited to announce the new ad-free version of the KSR mobile app that many of you requested. Simply click ‘MORE’ at the bottom right corner of the app and from there you will see a link to “Remove the ads and still support KSR.” That link will provide you the option to sign up for a monthly subscription service ($2.99/month) to wipe any and all ads from the application for a smoother ride through the pages of the KSR app.

But to access either of the new features, you will need to update to the latest version of the KSR app on your mobile device.

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for New ad-free version of KSR app now available

1. Bluebloodtoo
    4:44 pm June 27, 2017 Permalink

Love this idea! And I’m totally down for supporting KSR via the app… as long as you have fixed the bugs.

• Bluebloodtoo
      5:13 pm June 27, 2017 Permalink

Strike that bug comment, it’s a completely new app. A little busy, but it works.

2. Cousins Fake Tooth
    4:56 pm June 27, 2017 Permalink

How about an video popup free KSR website. Craps annoying.

• Bluebloodtoo
      5:15 pm June 27, 2017 Permalink

For 2.99 a month, you can have a completely ad free app…. And I agree about the video pop up. I almost stopped loading the website completely because it taxes my PC so much. And it’s not an old PC. I’m not sure how people with old PCs even load the website.

3. tfordstyle
    5:28 pm June 27, 2017 Permalink

Just download “Kentucky sports reader”. It just organizes the site as an app should. It’s free with no monthly charge for those of u not wishing to pay for free stuff.

4. cjruk1
    5:59 pm June 27, 2017 Permalink

I’m all for supporting KSR but $2.99/month is a little steep.I would love to pay a one-time fee of even $10 but $35.88/year is too much.

• ChrisHamby
      2:12 pm June 28, 2017 Permalink

It is very steep considering what other apps charge for such things. I would totally be down for a one time fee.

For $1.99 you can get 100gig of Google Drive storage. Other apps that are ad supported have $10 or less one-time fee.

5. bhb71
    6:32 pm June 27, 2017 Permalink

It’s a little ridiculous that removing their irritating pop-up ads costs $3/month when I can get access to Apple Music’s entire library for $5/month. Their valuation of the service of not having pop-up ads is 60% of having access to almost any song ever recorded.

For $5, I could go out right now and buy a Raspberry Pi Zero, connect it to my router, and run a program called PiHole on it make sure that any device on my WiFi won’t have to deal with this stuff. I think we all want to help support the staff of this site, but y’all have to meet us halfway.

6. KatsKlaws
    6:59 pm June 27, 2017 Permalink

Well trips to Europe ain’t free you know…

7. Peas and Carrots
    8:20 pm June 27, 2017 Permalink

2.99/month to remove ads is a joke. More people would actually consider it if it was a reasonable one time purchase. People are annoyed with the endless ads on a free app and ksr wants people to pay $36/year to be less annoyed but have the exact same content as before.

8. Bluebloodtoo
    11:35 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

So you guys want to have the KSR website and radio service for free AND you don’t want them to run ads? How do you expect Matt and Co to eat or pay for their house? You realize that most of them don’t have time to work other jobs, right? And 2.99 a month is going to break your budget, huh? Just skip that milkshake and get water on your next McDonald’s trip. Seriously people.