Hurry everyone hurry! You only have one hour left to celebrate the 73rd birthday of Neil Diamond. The master of smooth soul and sequence shirts, Brooklyn’s Cowboy is most revered for his “Sweet Caroline” (BUMP BUMP BUMP). Neil has cemented his place in history with Caroline; since 2002 the song has been belted out by thousands of fans during every 8th-inning stretch at Fenway Park.
That’s kind of a big deal, but Neil SHOULD be most-known for helping UK-fan Steve Zahn and Jack Black Save Silverman back in 2001.
Love is such a beautiful thing, on to the news…
– Tomorrow your University of Kentucky Wildcats take on 15.5 under-Dawgs from Georgia (#Puns) at 1:30. Do yourself a favor if you plan on going TAKE YOUR TIME. With meteorologists forecasting for 1-2 inches of snow and temperatures staying below 30 degrees, getting to Rupp Arena will not be the easiest task. Just listen to Coach Cal, “Do not be in a rush in that weather!”
– James Young and Julius Randle were selected today to the Wayman Tisdale Freshman of the Year Award Watch list. The duo will attempt to join John Wall and Anthony Davis as winners under Cal at UK.
– #BBN is beginning to become impatient with the play of Willie Cauley-Stein. I’m just glad we aren’t dealing with Willie Calipari-Stein…
– Today the Herald-Leader reported that Matt Elam could be making his decision between Kentucky and Alabama late next week. John Hardin football coach Chad Lewis told the HL, “It’s not set in stone yet, but I feel like he’s going to possibly announce late in the week next week.” With National Signing Day two weeks away, there’s a 50-50 shot that Coach Lewis is correct.
– This weekend is another big recruiting weekend in Lexington. Drew Barker teased us earlier, telling #BBN to be prepared for something fancy at halftime during tomorrow’s game. Part of the show being put on will be to impress the newly committed Kendall Randolph, who is taking his official visit this weekend. Stoops stole the 4-star DB from his hometown Florida State Seminoles earlier this week. They don’t get much snow in Talahassee, with Randolph tweeting (@xKenJ) earlier that this is the most snow he’s seen in a LONG time. Unlike UK students Randolph loves it, “It feels like home here.”
– In other football related news, Goldeneyes Randall Cobb is trading in his cleats this week for a pair of tap shoes, or something like that. In the NFL’s attempt to
take as much money from tourists as possible broaden the league’s horizons, Cobb is one of a few NFL players that will have small parts on Broadway leading up to the Super Bowl. Cobb will play the role of a bartender in “Rock of Ages.”
– Jarrod Polson received the ultimate honor from his high school tonight as West Jessamine immortalized Wilmore’s finest by hanging his jersey in the rafters. Jarrod is the school’s all-time leading scorer with 1,884 points. His 2010 run in the Sweet 16 was almost Dominique Hawkins-like, scoring 57 points in 2 games to earn a spot as a walk-on for the Cats, the rest is history….