Mystery Solved: Lexington PD caught the Pressure Wash Bandit

Big news out of Lexington, where local police identified its suspect in the pressure washing case.

If you’re new to this big mystery we discussed on Friday’s show, a Lexington woman reached out to her regular pressure washing company, but accidentally texted the wrong number. The person on the other end of the text–presumably not a pressure washing company–played along with the poor woman’s mistake. He showed up to the address given, accepted the money beforehand, then never returned to do the job.

Shout out to those doorbell cams though–they’re always watching. Police asked the community to help identify the suspect in clips captured by the doorbell cam, and on Friday afternoon he was caught.

Don’t con vulnerable people. You shouldn’t con anyone but if you must con, don’t con the vulnerable.

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for Mystery Solved: Lexington PD caught the Pressure Wash Bandit

1. ClutchCargo
    4:22 pm September 4, 2020 Permalink

That dude is stealing oxygen every time he takes a breath.

2. beskag2
    5:55 pm September 4, 2020 Permalink

Never pay a contractor up front, and if they ask to be paid up front, find another contractor!

• Matt10
      12:26 pm September 5, 2020 Permalink

I’ve owned a contracting company about 25 years and have gotten a deposit on literally every single job I ever did. I guess you just know the wrong contractors.

• beskag2
      7:14 pm September 5, 2020 Permalink

I was referring to contractors asking to be paid in full up front, and my comment was geared more towards the independent contractors, not a reputable company. I’ve just heard so many horror stories just like what happened in this article.

3. somerset bill
    6:20 pm September 4, 2020 Permalink

I was really expecting to read that he pressure washed “wash me” onto the dirty house.

BTW, in order to sign in here I was painstakingly looking for “every image containing a truck” on captcha thing — two pages worth. It said nope, try again. Frustrated, I just randomly clicked a bunch of images on the second try, and it passed me right through.

4. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    10:09 pm September 4, 2020 Permalink

He should have to community service pressure wash every call that company gets for a month and her house for the rest his life.