Morning Show/Pregame Show Doubleheader (Wednesday Show Thread)

screen-shot-2016-11-22-at-2-44-45-pm

With Kentucky basketball tipping off early today, you’re getting a combination of the KSR morning and pregame shows. For those of you tuning in on 630 in Lexington, the show will be cut short at 11:30 to go over to Rex and Buzz.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

24 Comments for Morning Show/Pregame Show Doubleheader (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. ukjaybrat
    10:18 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

indiana lost and uk going to crush a cleveland state PLUS i’m “working” from home before a four day weekend on my favorite holiday? going to be a good day 😀

• J-Dub421
      10:38 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

I’m jealous! I will have to listen to our game today on the radio.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:20 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

I turned on the IUPUFW game in the 1st half. Ha ha ha. Such total lack of defense I’ve never seen.
    But, don’t knock Ky Wesleyan….they have as many national championship as UK.
    I recall one year, UK beat Ole Miss twice, both by 16-18 points; Old Miss made the mistake of scheduling Wesleyan for a cupcake win…..Wesleyan beat them by 50…that’s FIFTY.

3. J-Dub421
    10:40 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

Years ago there was a certain “awe” factor when big teams played smaller teams. That is long gone now. The big boys cannot overlook the smaller teams and expect to just show up and win. The fear is gone and everyone wants to knock off the big dogs. You have to come ready to play.

• RealCatsFan
      10:44 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

Yep, especially in basketball. These kids have been playing high level competition in AAU ball most of their lives. It’s not like 40 years ago when players on these teams grew up playing against other slow white boys in cornfield gyms.

Not so much in football though. Just the sheer number of athletes needed to build a program makes that unlikely.

• runningunnin.454
      11:00 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

Don’t know about that, RCF. Back in the mid to late ’60’s, neither UK or UL recruited black players (of course, Rupp took all the heat for that). So teams like Ky Wesleyan got all the good black players from Louisville. I still remember Sam Smith, George Tinsley, Dallas Thornton, and Gene Smith…they were good.
      In Owensboro, I watched the likes of Earl the Pearl Monroe and Winston-Salem, also Walt “Clyde” Frazier at Southern Illinois. Also, Travis Grant and Kentucky State. I also watched Jerry Sloan of Evansville. This was some serious hot basketball.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:42 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

Rutgers coach throwing basketballs at his players to toughen them up conjures up this image for me:

😀

• J-Dub421
      10:58 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!

5. RealCatsFan
    10:45 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

Let’s have a shoutout to our women’s volleyball team playing for a share of the SEC title this evening. Go Cats, beat them Vols!

• J-Dub421
      11:13 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

I saw we got a win over Texas A & M the other day too! Go Cats!

6. RealCatsFan
    10:52 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

That would have been truly tragic if we had really lost Wayne on that snowmobile. Wouldn’t be the first time that someone had got lost like that and froze to death.

7. Kyga2
    11:04 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

I’ve taught in high schools for 17 years. You’re absolutely right about coaches getting away with things other faculty couldn’t. MOST coaches act very professionally, but if a coach is prone to bad language and verbal abuse, it’s frequently overlooked, even when that behavior goes off the field or court and into class. In a way I’m jealous, because what teacher hasn’t dreamed of cursing at a kid in class?

• RealCatsFan
      11:11 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

At least it is if he WINS…

8. J-Dub421
    11:14 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

What do current U of L football players have to hate UK football about? Why should they have animosity towards us?

9. cats paw
    11:15 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

i would bet that even the idiot UkBigBoard can guess the worst all time 3 point shooter in UK history!!!! lmao. he may fall below 10% tonight

• J-Dub421
      11:16 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, Briscoe and his 18 points per game sure is terrible…

• runningunnin.454
      11:24 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

I have suggested in the past that cats paw should stop hiding behind a keyboard, and just go up to Briscoe and tell him what he thinks of him.
      How’s your health insurance, CP?

• UK Big Board Update
      12:30 pm November 23, 2016 Permalink

cats paw is a huge UK fan, everyone. LOL

• UK Big Board Update
      12:57 pm November 23, 2016 Permalink

Don’t worry, rg454. I’m working on getting cats paw’s info so I can share it publicly. 😉

10. #2 Pencil
    11:29 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

What did Matt just say he would allow people to do on him?

• J-Dub421
      11:36 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

He said he’d throw a party if UK wins Saturday.

• #2 Pencil
      11:38 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

Yeah…I think he invited people to do a little more than that. lol

11. RealCatsFan
    11:32 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

Matt can’t have his party at the Godfather. How would he keep all the UoL players and fans away?

12. #2 Pencil
    11:41 am November 23, 2016 Permalink

Even something as simple as “Big Blue” would’ve been better than Seymore or Lexi