More on De’Aaron Fox’s in-home visit with UK and the special guest

12004700_10153672999756983_7399446384198347495_n

KPRC 2 Houston has more on the De’Aaron Fox story we shared earlier this week.

In case you missed it, Fox invited a special friend, a UK fan, to join him during his in-home visit with John Calipari. The friend is a classmate who suffers from cerebral palsy and loves the Kentucky Wildcats. He got to tag along and meet his favorite basketball coach earlier this week when Cal paid a visit to Fox.

The No. 1 point guard in America told KPRC, “It’s probably the best feeling I’ve ever had in my life. I’ve never got to help someone out like that.”

Watch more in this news story from KRPC:

Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 12.44.51 PM

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for More on De’Aaron Fox’s in-home visit with UK and the special guest

1. Kinger4G
    1:59 pm September 25, 2015 Permalink

Great story. This kid would represent the program well.

2. Basteballer
    2:00 pm September 25, 2015 Permalink

I dunno about this kid. He wears glasses?? Would he refuse to wear contacts like the Harrison boys?? Do we really want another squinter??

(Relax… I’m just kidding.)

3. ClutchCargo
    3:08 pm September 25, 2015 Permalink

He seems to have just the right heart and level head of a Cal/UK player. Come on down!

4. Bobbum man
    4:07 pm September 25, 2015 Permalink

What an awesome thing to do… Kid would fit in perfect here in Kentucky, really hope we can land him

5. Bobbum man
    4:08 pm September 25, 2015 Permalink

Maybe even an equipment manager position for his friend… Cmon cal

6. Keith
    6:29 pm September 25, 2015 Permalink

Having had a brother with a similar level of disability, it truly takes a good friend to see past a condition like cerebral palsy (at least a more extreme form) and involve him in special activities such as this. He has it right! Nothing more to say than this kid is all right. I’ll be a fan even if he doesn’t don the blue…

7. RockyMountainWildcat
    7:29 pm September 25, 2015 Permalink

This is exactly the kind of character that has made me so proud of so many of Cal’s players during his tenure. Such a great gesture to invite his classmate along for the visit. Really hope we get De’Aaron, but I’ll cheer for him anywhere he goes for being such a classy kid.

8. Steve Edwards
    7:37 pm September 25, 2015 Permalink

Here is a young man whose parents have raised him right. It is heartening to see such an act of selflessness and goodness by one who could easily be led by his talent in the exact opposite direction.