On today’s edition of Kentucky Sports Radio radio, Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond continue the pre-Florida game talk and discuss some of the recent chatter around basketball recruiting. They’ll also weigh in on the Lawrence O’Donnell video that’s gone viral (scroll down) and whatever other nonsense comes up throughout the show.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

26 Comments for More Florida talk, BB recruiting gossip and whatever else comes up (Thursday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:22 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

Very offensive sign about Florida and hurricane Irma; embarrassing and it’s already on Saturday Down South. We’re better than this…stop.

• J-Dub421
      10:37 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

Completely tacky and beyond the pale.

• RealCatsFan
      10:51 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

All it takes is one idiot to get themselves out there on the web, and they can make a whole program look bad.

• Yep, probably just 1 guy in his dorm room. That sign would not have been allowed at CWS/KF anyway, but all it took was 1 guy and that photo for folks to paint us all with the same brush.

• J-Dub421
      11:02 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

Kind of like the idiots calling in death threats to John Higgins. I dislike Higgins as much as the next UK fan, but death threats (or calling him in general) is over the top.

2. secrick
    10:31 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

Yep whoever did that wasn’t thinking.

3. J-Dub421
    10:43 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

Matt is right about the depth in football. I can’t remember not having a drop-off when replacing starters in the past. This may be first time in my lifetime that we have legitimate SEC depth.

• ukjaybrat
      10:44 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

yeah it’s really nice

• secrick
      10:46 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

Yep, Use to when we lost a player like Jordan Jones we would be in trouble but Brown came in and we didn’t miss a beat.Things sure have changed.

• runningunnin.454
      10:47 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

Yep, I remember going to a Bama game, and we were leading 14-0 at the half. Their depth killed us in the 2nd half.

• RG, was that the game in the 80’s when the Bama QB was, I think, Vince something? I was so about to gloat about the win living in Bama on a small college campus. Then the end happened. That QB did bupkis (sp?) at Bama, except for that game.

BTW, how is the weather supposed to be at game time? I miss when the Gators used to have to come in November, sometimes with snow on the ground. That was in our favor. I think there was snow on the ground the last time we beat them.

• J-Dub421
      11:03 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

I think hell was frozen over the last time we beat them…

• runningunnin.454
      11:04 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

I think his name was Vince Sutton; but no, the game I’m thinking of was several years before that. I think it’s going to be hot Saturday, so no snow.

• J-Dub421
      11:06 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

Jones was injured and Brown stepped right in and was great. Then when Brown got injured Boogie Watson came in and didn’t miss a beat. When’s the last time we played a 3rd string guy and there wasn’t a massive drop-off in talent/production? Probably never, or at least not in my lifetime.

• runningunnin.454
      11:09 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

Last time we beat ‘Bama was 1997 with Tim Couch. Before that, the last one was 1922…no, I wasn’t at that one.

• ClutchCargo
      11:50 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

chris gettelfinger, yes we used to always play UF in November. And put them on the shaded side of the stadium. It was flurrying pretty good during that ’86 game.

• Rembrandt
      12:47 pm September 21, 2017 Permalink

In Alabama’s 28-14 win over UK in 1973, Alabama’s quarterback was Richard Todd, who later played for the Jets. Alabama scored all of their points on the second half. I was in the stands for that game.

4. As of right now that video of Larry has 58,235 views. That’s 58,225 more than watch his show.

The Show Thread may set an all time low today. I’ve been busy and have been trying to catch up on work before being immersed in tomorrow’s show!

• RealCatsFan
      10:55 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

I am at home waiting for AT&T to install fiber optic broadband, so my online responses will be limited. Last time I checked, it is still nearly impossible to add comments via a mobile device with all of the ad crap they have added.

I am using my kids’ laptop, and when I first brought up KSR, it was hideously slow. The I realized that they did not have AdBlock Plus installed. The things you now have to do to be a KSR devotee… 🙁

• UK Big Board Update
      3:59 pm September 21, 2017 Permalink

Wow. Wasn’t clever the first time you posted it, and definitely not the second time you posted it.

(Trying to take shots at someone [who has been extraordinarily more successful] TV viewership, while desperately seeking attention *using an anonymous handle* on every show thread)

• Hook, line, and sinker! Love you too BB! Oh, and I’m glad you use your REAL name and not an anonymous handle! 😉

5. J-Dub421
    11:30 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

I may have to start posting recipes again soon…

• runningunnin.454
      11:33 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

Place alligator meat in a medium bowl, and mix with vinegar, salt, and pepper….easy on the cayenne.

• J-Dub421
      11:37 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

Then dredge in flour and deep fry to a golden brown.

• runningunnin.454
      11:41 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

Don’t forget the garlic.

6. J-Dub421
    11:52 am September 21, 2017 Permalink

This caller just completely overlooked Mike Edwards and Josh Allen on defense.