Missouri hires Kim Anderson

Kim Anderson

After Frank Haith dumped them via text message, Missouri has a new basketball coach: Kim Anderson.

Who is Kim Anderson? Excellent question. Anderson is the former coach at Central Missouri, a Mizzoui alum, and a former Mizzou assistant. He was named the 2014 NABC National Coach of the Year, and will be introduced as the new head coach tomorrow morning.

After my first Google of the name, I’m just relieved he’s not the Kim Anderson that takes pictures of babies in grown-up clothes and hats. That could have been a little creepy.

large

21 Comments for Missouri hires Kim Anderson

1. STOOPS TROOPS
    4:33 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

LOL what a bunch of idiots. Go ahead and count this as a for sure W

• Ben Howland
      4:52 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

Why am I such a Jerk?

2. catfan
    4:39 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

And we wonder why the SEC sucks in basketball.

3. Btowncatfan
    4:40 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

Yikes!

4. Chaz
    4:48 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

Whatever has happened to the SEC basketball scene? Used to be coaches had to work their way up the ladder, now they just appear. I’m a UK alum so I can put my name in the hat when Cal retires? I want to see the SEC be a league with at least six good basketball teams again, but I’m afraid that won’t happen anytime soon.

Good Luck to Donnie Tyndall, Bruce Pearl, and now Kim Anderson. Give us something to be passionate about when we play you. And get your team into the NCAA every year.

5. C...A...T...S....CATS!
    4:55 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

OR KIM ANDERSON….

The girl I took to my High School Prom…..

She was so ugly…

when we finished eating our Steak Dinner…

She carried her bone out behind the five-star restaurant….

and buried it…. 🙂

ON…ON…UofK

• OldUKFan
      4:56 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

tooo funny ! We all had a Kim Anderson in high school.

6. Greg
    4:58 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

Given the lack of support the previous coaches as Mizzou and Tennessee received from their institutions, it is somewhat surprising that they can find anyone who really WANTS the jobs.

7. Mizzou
    5:02 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

I looked at the comment section of the ESPN article of when Haith left. Almost every single Mizzou fan wanted this guy, but thought he would never come there. I wouldn’t be too quick to judge.

• Rixter
      7:52 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

That simply shows how low expectations are at Missouri

8. Karma!
    5:06 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

Look at the condescending tone from everyone! This is when you will find out that Karma is a bitch.

9. Rei
    5:24 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

Pickings are slim, huh? UK and Florida are always the top two teams, Arkansas and LSU are on the rise. We had a shot to have Missouri and Tennessee on the same level as Ark and LSU but no. Maybe Pearl will turn Auburn into something before getting them into trouble.

• Logan
      5:46 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

Cmon don’t play the game that everyone else does with Cal. He had a BBQ. Big damn deal. He’s a great coach

10. Nuidat1611
    5:24 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

Was Doug Showes his agent?

11. Casper
    5:29 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

Yeah, Tyler is back!
    Can we talk about our next starting five?
    Will Towns and Lyles be good enough to take
    Randle and Young’s spots?
    Come on Tyler, how good will Lyles be?

12. stevem
    5:42 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

Silly Missou…if they had just waited a few months they could have had Tom Crean.

13. arlo
    5:50 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

this guy is pretty highly thought of and much of mizzou alumni have been clamoring for him to be their next coach. we’ll see.

14. Pablo
    5:54 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

Old boy looks like Roger Sterling from Mad Men in this picture.

15. DH
    5:59 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

There are good coaches in NABC and he was coach of the year. Probably a great up-and-comer. I agree with Karma!

16. CAD
    6:59 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

This is actually a great hire. The SEC needs good basketball coaches, he can figure out recruiting as he goes. He just won a national title with one one returning player that averaged over 4 points and relied heavily on 10 new players. Please people, do some research before you just say “LOL bad hire.” We are all SEC basketball fans and this is a great hire. He was Norm Stewart’s right hand man for several years.

• Do whut?
      8:12 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

Biggest problem might be his age from a stability standpoint but obviously a very good coach. In fact, I’d dare say a better hire than UT made. Unfortunately our fans are doing the whole “I’ve never heard of him so he must suck” routine. Of course we probably said the same about Bruce Pearl several years ago.