Miss. State is Coming to Town (Tuesday Show Thread)

stingray aldotcom

Tonight the Cats catch a break — they don’t have to go to Starkville, Mississippi.  A night without awful cowbells is a blessing for us all.  Instead of hearing cowbells, hear Matt and Ryan discuss tonight’s game by tuning into KSR.  You can also watch them LIVE at the McDonalds on Elkhorn Drive in Lexington (Winchester Rd/I-75).

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

41 Comments for Miss. State is Coming to Town (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:47 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

I am sure you will have a few kids show up at the remote today, no school for “snow”. Back in my day we got out for school when it started to snow.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:02 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

I remember a day about a decade ago where they were preaching a huge winter weather advisory, expecting massive snow. Canceled school the night before in preparation. Woke up the next morning to 40 degrees and green grass.

• RealCatsFan
      10:14 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

Meteorologist is one of the few jobs where you can be wrong 50% of the time and still retain your position.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:16 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

I grew up in northern New England, driver’s test in snow in 1983. Always find the “handling ” of winter weather here in the Commonwealth rather comical. However I am off today and so is my 2nd grade daughter so we will enjoy the school closure, regardless.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:36 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

My 5 year old is new to school being in kindergarten. The last two nights she’s seen the possibility of snow on the news. Yesterday, she called the weather guy on TV a liar and he should be fired. That was a first.

2. houndstooth
    10:16 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

Matt please stop talking about football- bring Freddie on to handle the football stuff pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

• a21CATSfan
      11:02 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

Matt please stop talking about basketball- bring Tom Leach or Oscar on to handle the basketball stuff pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

3. CATandMONKEY
    10:19 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

I will cheer for SEC teams vs ACC teams if for no other reason than to be able to minimize the clout of the Cardinal’s conference.

• RealCatsFan
      10:26 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

Ding ding ding – we have a winner! If Clemson had won, those of us who live in Louisville would have to listen to the UofL fans crowing about how the ACC is better than the SEC in football, and how they almost beat the national champion.

4. Boshek77
    10:21 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

I cheer for the SEC in the National Title Game because I know UK is going to have a fat Payday with a win.

5. Cat House
    10:22 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

Just another Matt Jones facts are optional. Of course the rest of the SEC pulls for Kentucky in big out of conference games.

6. Realme
    10:24 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

I don’t get why you wouldn’t want to be able to say your conference is the best. Especially when it’s going up against a conference so full of a-hole teams.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:28 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

The fact is that most of the SEC football power schools just plain don’t care very much about basketball, so they don’t really care if UK wins to make their conference look better. Hell, they don’t care enough to attend most of the non-UK basketball games even when they have season tickets.

• J-Dub421
      10:31 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

Funny how their arenas all sell out when we come to town though…

• RealCatsFan
      10:35 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

Yep – #Everybody’sSuperbowl

• Also don’t forget that almost every game is a white out, black out, purple out, etc.

• RealCatsFan
      11:17 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

I had to laugh a little when I was watching highlights of the UofL loss at Clemson on TV the other day. It looked like there were about 12 people in the stands. Sure, Clemson is a football school that would be playing in the championship the next week, but so is Alabama, and they had a sellout for their game against UK.

• J-Dub421
      11:37 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

I saw that too RCF. UK is THE SHOW in college basketball, U of L is not.

8. houndstooth
    10:28 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

SOTU address is on tonight- everyone will be watching espn instead of the game

• houndstooth
      10:29 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

oops meant to say instead of regular tv

9. RealCatsFan
    10:29 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

Sounds like Hawkins has the dreaded high ankle sprain. Those are much tougher to recover from than the garden variety rolled ankle. You could tell it was pretty severe the moment he went down.

10. UKinIN
    10:30 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

Can’t listen live today but heard people at work talking about the UK Basketball and Alabama Football comparisons and throwing dirt on UK because Saban has four titles in seven years and Calipari only has one. People need to remember that a basketball team needs six wins for a title and Saban has only had to win one game four times and two games once. If UK could have been dropped into the championship game or Final Four what would Calipari’s record look like? The John Wall team only needing one game to win a title? I’d take that.

11. Realme
    10:30 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

I don’t know what horrifies me more, Matt’s musical taste or his Bachelor obsession.

• houndstooth
      10:32 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

What about that toe nail he has?

• J-Dub421
      10:34 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

His musical taste. The bachelor obsession is funny. 🙂

• Realme
      10:34 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

🙂 As long as I don’t have to look at the toenail, it’s fine I guess.

• Nothing is 100%. However, I know Bama and Auburn fans that pull for the SEC in March, and I have seen strangers out and about that have told me they’re pulling for UK in the tourney because they always pull for SEC.

Then there is one Bama fan who calls local talk radio here (Montgomery) and talks about how corrupt UK bball is because of the past scandals, hiring a shady coach in Cal, blah blah blah. Again, nothing is 100%.

12. houndstooth
    10:43 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

Ask bam what his definition of horrific is?

13. Thanks to Matt for reading my Tweet and not giving me credit a while ago (the comparison of Saban to Shannon Dawson: “If it had worked…”). 😉

14. J-Dub421
    11:05 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

My iheart feed has been total crap today. 🙁

15. RealCatsFan
    11:08 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

Hah! Helmet Dude was one of my all time favorite fan interviews. 😀

16. JoeMoney333
    11:15 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

So… Does Kentucky Platoon next year?

17. Realme
    11:16 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

I wish that delusional guy that keeps calling multiple shows including Cal’s call in show to tell the story of how he once met Derek Willis and told him how to play better would knock it off. There’s nothing a fan could say to a player that would matter or be different than the advice they get from parents, coaches and teammates. Sorry, Matt said “coach’s show” and it made me start ranting. 🙂

• houndstooth
      11:23 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

is that the same guy that calls about free throws? I think I’ve heard that call on 3 different show- Leach cut him off this morning, pretty funny.

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

Anyone who meets a player in public and tries to tell them how to “play better” should be put in the stocks in the town square for a couple of hours while we all throw rotten fruit and vegetables at them. (Nothing large or heavy, just soft ones. I don’t want anyone injured, just publicly humiliated.)

• lol @ JDub.

• Realme
      12:09 pm January 12, 2016 Permalink

Exactly, J-Dub! 🙂

18. houndstooth
    11:25 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

wow Matt going off on technology not working- may be the best part of the show. lol

19. houndstooth
    11:28 am January 12, 2016 Permalink

Maybe KSR can use the podcast equipment to do the radio show. lol