Milwaukee Bucks like Randle over Wiggins and Parker

randle

In his Monday afternoon chat on ESPN.com, NBA guru Chad Ford said the Milwaukee Bucks have eyes on Julius Randle in next summer’s draft, ahead of Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker. The Bucks currently have the worst record in the league.

Here’s the quote:

Matt (Wisconsin): Bucks fan here. If the Bucks had the #1 pick, who do you think the would take Parker or Wiggins? I personally want Parker

Chad Ford: I actually think they might be leaning, right now, toward Julius Randle. Given the personnel they have on the floor, having a guy that can be a double-double machine and draw a double team in the paint might be their biggest need. But Parker, Wiggins and Embiid will all get long looks too.

Randle to Milwaukee, though nothing but very, very, very early talk right now, would pair the Kentucky forward with former Kentucky point guard Brandon Knight.

It’s not the ideal pro team to love but we’d embrace it.

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for Milwaukee Bucks like Randle over Wiggins and Parker

1. Delk for 3
    5:53 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know about you all, but my favorite squad is Bledsoe’s squad, the Suns. He is, by far, my favorite player ever to play at Kentucky. I really can’t pinpoint why that is, but it has something to do with where he came from and his seemingly perfect attitude and selflessness. He is finally getting his chance to run “his own team” and I can’t imagine how satisfying that is after playing second-fiddle for so long. I know how sickening it must have been to hear he was second best to Wall and Paul when, in fact, Eric knew in his head he is an awesome player who hadn’t been given the full chance to shine. Now he’s got his chance and he is ballin’ out of control. I’m so freakin’ proud of that young man. You can also sense how proud he is to have attended the University of Kentucky. He talks about his days at Kentucky very fondly and he is a still a huge supporter. Props to Eric Bledsoe. You are the man!

• trey
      5:59 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

He “got shit right” for sure

• rahrah
      7:33 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

Love me some Bledsoe and he’s about to get paid!

2. CatsFan
    5:54 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

I think Milwaukee could upgrade at just about any position from the draft, they are that bad.

3. #2 Please
    5:57 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

root to be the # 2 draft choice and avoid Milwaukee.

4. TE
    6:06 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

Randle is either going one or # two in draft… Thanks to the NBA rigging-I mean Lottery, hopefully a big market team like the Knicks or Lakers get him. It would be great to see these guys in big cities. Bledsoe is due for Phat contract next season. Hope he stays in Phx, that is a fun team to watch.

5. Bill
    6:22 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

If you want a scorer, I think Parker is the guy. If you want a tough guy in the paint, Randle is they guy. I’m not sure Wiggins will go ahead of Smart..

• Rei
      6:54 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

yeah, if you want someone who has taken more shots than Wiggins and Randle combined, take Parker.

6. Some Guy in Kentucky
    12:05 am December 31, 2013 Permalink

No offense, but I do not care how each game affects the NBA. I am more worried about how each game helps the players play as more of a team at UK. After the season the NBA stuff will be decided anyway.

• Some other guy
      11:33 am December 31, 2013 Permalink

It is New Year’s Eve and the Cats don’t play again until next Saturday – blog has to fill space with something. If they ever skip on the Kentucky coverage I’ll agree with you.

7. Andrew Wiggins' mom
    12:34 am December 31, 2013 Permalink

Who thinks Andrew Wiggins is that good? Shouldn’t he try and stay in school and get his degree or something?