Miles Bridges down to five schools

Fresh off his strong showing at the Nike Peach Jam, where he was one of the week’s top performers, Miles Bridges has narrowed his list to a handful of schools and Kentucky is still in the mix.

Bridges is down to UK, Michigan State, Michigan, North Carolina and Indiana. He plans to visit all five schools and make a decision before December. He will be in Lexington for Big Blue Madness.

The five-star small forward told ESPN.com, “My mom and I really liked Kentucky. I love how they get guys to the NBA.”

Article written by Drew Franklin

9 Comments for Miles Bridges down to five schools

1. Casey
    11:13 am July 13, 2015 Permalink

Instead of listing them in no particular order, I think I would re-list them in order of number of championships won, most final fours in the last 5 years, or most draft picks in the last 5 years,

• Why
      1:06 pm July 13, 2015 Permalink

Players this good will go to NBA even if he plays at Belmont…..Cal does not put players in the NBA he does a great job of recruiting NBA players. Only one top pick, WCS who took 3 years and can’t keep a turtle in front of him on defense, was not rated a high pick coming right out of High School. In fact several were rated higher out of High School than they were after their first year with us…..Nerlens {and his stock was lower than High School before the injury}, Archie, Alex, Twin, Twin etc. Wall, MKG, A.D. were top picks right from High School and would have been the same playing at UK or Northern Ky. Cal does give his players some advantages like the NBA workout but none of it has to do with his coaching. In fact we win the title this year if you give the mot talented players the most minutes instead of trying to get 9 players drafted. KAT and Lyles should have played much more, limit Lee and Dakari to very little, Ulis getting more time even if it meant moving Andrew to the 2 some and Booker over Aaron in minutes win us the title.

• J-Dub421
      1:50 pm July 13, 2015 Permalink

Why, Booker did not attempt a single three in the game against Wisconsin, and Dakari and Lee only played about 10-11 minutes between them. Did you even watch that game? Nerlens only dropped because of the injury. If Cal doesn’t do anything to develop players, and they all would have gone to the NBA regardless, then why are former UK players doing so well in the league compared to those who went to other schools. There are simply too many former Cats getting huge contracts, making the all star team, and putting up big numbers for that to be true.

• Dan
      2:06 pm July 13, 2015 Permalink

Why… you lost ALL credibility when you said WCS couldn’t guard a turtle. Dude was NABC defensive player of the year in college basketball and consensus First-Team All-Defense. Yes he could be disinterested, but saying he couldn’t play defense is one of the more idiotic things you could say about him.

• 8 god
      2:21 pm July 13, 2015 Permalink

J-Dub, you beat me to the punch on Booker. He lacked the leadership and grit of Aaron and would not have been the guy to take control of the team’s fate. Talented, but not the winner that Aaron was.

More importantly, without the 9-man rotation, that team can’t play the same level of defense due to fatigue, and probably loses a few games.

I would add that “Why” ignores the scores of High School All-Americans (your supposed pre-packaged professionals) who go to other schools and see their stock plummet, proving Cal’s abilities as an NBA developer. See: Perry Ellis, Bobby Portis, Patric Young or pretty much any other Florida HS All-American besides Beal, James McAdoo, Cliff Alexander, Jared Sullinger, and many others. Calipari has not had that kind of failure.

The only counterexamples are the Harrisons, but if your argument is that players have a constant, immovable skill level, then you cannot dispute that because the twins were terrible when they got to UK, the real failure lies with the recruiting services.

• J-Dub421
      3:43 pm July 13, 2015 Permalink

Thanks Dan. I had so many issues with Why’s rant that I left out one of the most glaring stupid statements.

8 god, you’re right, although I feel that the Harrison twins got a bad rap when they didn’t blow everyone away right out of the gait. They improved a lot during their time at Kentucky and never really got credit for it.

2. 8 god
    12:44 pm July 13, 2015 Permalink

Can we institute a policy such that every time a recruit is mentioned we include his class, class rank, and position rank? It would make these recruiting updates much more helpful. Thanks 🙂

• Angelo
      2:58 pm July 13, 2015 Permalink

Height and weight also.

3. Kyblue34
    1:21 pm July 13, 2015 Permalink

He should be our #1 priority right now in my opinion. I think we’re sitting in a very good position with guards – Simmons, Alkins, Fultz, and Monk – I think we’ll get at least two of these. And I think we’re in decent shape with bigs – Bolden, Ayton (if he reclassifies), Killeya-Jones, and Azubuike – I think we get at least one of these and hopefully two. So, we’re down to needing a forward yet again, and Bridges is the only good one left that I’ve heard. Are we recruiting any other small forwards?