Meet your alumni game participants

DeMarcus Cousins

Wondering who will participate in tomorrow night’s UK alumni game? Wonder no more, my friends. The following former Cats will take the court tomorrow night, a source tells KSR:

John Wall
Doron Lamb

Time to shimmy!

Article written by Drew Franklin

36 Comments for Meet your alumni game participants

1. Matt J
    1:09 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

I bet most of those guys have bigger shafts than Drew. Would like to find out.

2. knoop dog
    1:11 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

terrence jones x 2?

3. hmmm
    1:11 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

uhhhhh….some players listed twice…ugh.

4. SpoiledandOverrated
    1:13 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

Randolph Morris has no business stepping foot on UK soil again. He was never committed to the Big Blue and doesn’t deserve a spot on the alumni roster.

5. catinthehat
    1:15 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

Is Terrence Jones playing on both teams, because he is on the list twice ?

6. catinthehat
    1:18 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

DeMarcus Cousins pictured but not playing?

7. cracka
    1:23 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

“participate” … does this mean play?

8. Mack
    1:24 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

Nice lineup. Just watched the 4th quarter of the DR game and they qualified for Spain, Vargas looked really good while I was watching.

9. wow
    1:25 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

I think there is going to be enough disappointment to go around. Just don’t expect a 2010 vs 2012 game.

10. BurnerTurner5
    1:38 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

#4 At least Randolph Morris decided to show up for the tournament game against Cincinnati. Living here in Northern Kentucky that was huge. Had UC won that game, their fans would still be milking their lizards over that win.

11. SuperTroy
    1:38 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

I was excited about this until now. No Davis, no Cousins. This is definitely NOT 2010 vs. 2012. I would’ve loved to see them battle in the post. I’m not gonna pay money to watch Randolph Morriss vs. Perry Stevenson. Very odd roster. Wonder why we couldn’t get Davis, Cousins,Teague, Miller, etc.

12. pfife
    1:40 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

Jared Prickett?

13. the realest
    1:42 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

tubby/rick vs cal team…who wins

14. bmt22033
    1:44 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

So Davis, Cousins, Teague, et.al. can’t play because of their contracts?

15. Help
    1:49 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

The people who forked over money for a 2010 vs 2012 game lost.

16. billy clyde
    2:22 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

Will this be on tv?

17. Mr. Johnson
    2:23 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

Is DeAndre Liggins still playing despite the mess he’s got himself into? He should be ashamed to show his face ANYWHERE!

18. Ben
    2:27 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

Twins are in at KY. We now have the JONES twins!

19. Marcus
    2:32 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

This stinks! I paid $50 a ticket to see 2010 vs. 2012 team. I’m really disappointed at how untrue that is. No Boogie, no unibrow, no Bledsoe, no Teague, no Miller. 5 of the 10 starters from those two teams not playing. This is lame! I’m really disappointed. Oh well, go Big Blue! Time to get off the run to #9.

20. FDAULS
    2:56 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

This news is VERY disappointing as the game has long been promoted as “2010 vs 2012”. It is obviously anything BUT that.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a refund prior to the game tipping off? So very frustrating.

FDAULS

21. Shawn
    3:37 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

Terrence listed twice? Boogie and Davis pictured but not playing? Will they be the coaches? Stupid NBA contracts getting In the way of our fun. No Rajon Rhondo like has been talked about over and over again? Will be a cool game to watch but not worth $50 a ticket. Then again I did spend $52 a ticket to watch the football team get beat by WKU.

22. spookykim
    3:39 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

I can’t believe the crybabies?!! As a TRUE Blue fan, I think this is SWEET! I’m glad I got my tickets & I can’t wait!

23. An Honest Question
    4:18 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

You mentioned Terrence Jones twice in your list. So my question is:

Will there be two Jones’ playing? The one who played at Kentucky and the drunk Jones who beats up defenseless homeless people.

24. teach em bout kentucky
    5:01 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

So which one is the “real t-jones?”

25. teach em bout kentucky
    5:02 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

@An honest question
    We all make mistakes. Had Terrence been of sound mind it is highly doubtful he would have felt any malice towards that man. It does not excuse his behavior, but it does not make him a bad person, merely a flawed one.

26. OSCAR'S DIAPER
    5:37 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

A lot of people that paid good money are going to be very disappointed to see this is who they paid to see. Cousins, MKG, Davis, all at fantasy camp, but no alumni game?

27. OSCAR'S DIAPER
    5:37 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

My bad, I see MKG on the list

28. Caftan66
    6:40 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

I think events like this are AWESOME! Do not forget that proceeds go to charity. I think the NBA contracts tie the hands of the event organizers.

29. Caftan66
    6:42 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

And let’s all show Cal’s recruits some serious love at the event! Go past, current, and future cats!!!

30. brain
    7:00 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

If you’re disappointed don’t go you spoiled pansies. It will be a great event for a great cause.

31. Jordan Collard
    7:35 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

You cant be serious. No Davis, Cousins,Teague, Miller, or Bledsoe? So obviously the 2010 vs 2012 hype was for marketing purposes. This bothers me. But of course TJones and Liggins are playing.. I wont bother. No thanks

32. bigcatstanding
    7:49 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

You people that are whining, and are so spoiled that evidently you think you deserve to be attending Lakers vs Celtics, this is a fund raiser / event for past players to come home and have a good time, not to mention it is a great recruiting tool. That’s until coach gets sick of you whiners and scratches this event from now on, you poor babies make me sick, can you even think back and remember before Calipari got here how it was are we that stupid and spoiled.

33. bigcatstanding
    7:53 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

#31 are you that dumb not to know why most of these top players arent playing, their teams put in their contract things like this, for them not to participate in events like this. moving on GO BIG BLUE

34. Chase K
    9:03 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

I wonder if UK had KSR mention Davis, Cousins, Bledsoe, Miller, Teague, etc to entice fans to buy tickets without having any idea whther they would play? I’d like to believe KSR woud NOT do this, and I doubt its true, but why would these players have been mentioned many times on this site along with posts entitled…”tickets still available for Alumni game.” Hmmmmm. Say it ain’t so KSR.

35. Real info
    9:21 pm September 8, 2013 Permalink

Anthony Davis received treatment today to play in the game. Doron lamb is in town but says he won’t be playing… Why does anyone ever listen to kentucky sports radio they don’t know anything they listen to Kentucky not to the players… I still guarantee lots of changes

36. robert
    3:24 pm September 9, 2013 Permalink

Hey,

Im a huge uk fan now living out of state. Where can i watch the alumni game online?

Thanks.