Meanwhile, at the KFC Yum! Center…

The KFC Yum! Center is removing its “2013 National Champions” window display that once hung so proudly across the arena’s glass front. It’s yet another tragic part of the process of removing any and all references to Louisville’s fictional NCAA championship of five years ago.

A friend of the KSR program snapped a photo of its removal Monday afternoon.

@bigern97

So sad.

So, so sad.

(Just kidding I love it.)

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for Meanwhile, at the KFC Yum! Center…

1. jaws2
    3:19 pm May 7, 2018 Permalink

It’s about damn time! I wonder which bar will hang it outside to help draw in the cockroaches!

2. Booby Petrino
    3:20 pm May 7, 2018 Permalink

Was arguing with a Louisville fan the other day. He kept saying “You saw us win, you hated every second of it. It happened, we’re champions and nothing can take that away.
    Me: I didn’t watch every second of that game, I did hate that you won at the time, but someone did take it away and I love every second of that. Now I’m glad that you won so that I could see it ripped away.

• Realme
      3:37 pm May 7, 2018 Permalink

It’s like they don’t comprehend what happened. If you won by CHEATING, it doesn’t count once everyone finds out you cheated.

• Booby Petrino
      3:46 pm May 7, 2018 Permalink

so true, Real. I even said that to him and he just brushed it off and said they won and I couldn’t handle that. so ridiculous.

• KYcats11
      4:12 pm May 7, 2018 Permalink

Exactly. If they counted that championship, what would they would say if Kentucky won #9 after paying recruits millions to come here, but didn’t get caught til afterwards.

• eRUPPtion
      5:31 pm May 7, 2018 Permalink

I told a UL fan he must think he’s still married even if his wife/sister left him.

You can have the ring, the photo’s the memories but you aren’t married. lol

• Calllikeiseeittheintelligentversion
      5:03 am May 8, 2018 Permalink

The problem is they may be still married, Little Louis don’t believe in divorce when family is involved. At least not until they’re sure the mixing of the gene pool ritual has “taken”.

3. callitlikeiseeit
    3:30 pm May 7, 2018 Permalink

Is just like the little league teams that cheated and went to Williamsport. Only ones to lose are the current players as they face the suspensions or no post season. In little league they suspended the charter group, that only hurt the current kids playing. The cheaters still went to the event and got to do all the things associated with it, same with U6, all those cheaters still got the benefits {pun intended}.

• Bobbum Man
      4:02 pm May 7, 2018 Permalink

Not the same at all… the cheating wasn’t known til after the fact. Not like it was all reported and they continued to play and “get all the benefits” I know it’s hard to accept ur title never happened but it’s time to start trying

• callitlikeiseeit
      5:18 pm May 7, 2018 Permalink

Is the same thing cause the little league team was caught after the fact, after the kids went to Williamsport and did all the fun things. The cheaters got to enjoy all the benefits while a deserving team missed out, just like U6 did. Know what your talking about before responding jerk. My entire point was removing the banner or saying that little league team never appeared is stupid, it did happen and the cheaters got all the benefits associated it while the players later on {who had nothing to do with it} were the only losers, guess I can add you to the loser club as well. And before you call someone a U6 fan you should know facts and kiss my ass. Have bled blue since late 70’s and a season tix holder for football.

• Your comments are clearly anti UK, then again you yourself are just to much of a loser to realize it. Of course I could be wrong you may actually be dumb enough to think taking a negative/passively aggressive approach to every pro UK post is good for the university, it’s players, and it’s fan base.

4. KYcats11
    4:09 pm May 7, 2018 Permalink

Haha

5. david8577
    4:31 pm May 7, 2018 Permalink

There is justice in the world.

6. BBN in H-Town
    4:55 pm May 7, 2018 Permalink

The building right next to it on Second street still has a 2013 championsip “banner” hanging for the world to see. These people will never accept responsibility for their actions and move on.

7. runningunnin.454
    5:20 pm May 7, 2018 Permalink

Do UL fans get to file by and pay their last respects?

8. eRUPPtion