May The 4th Be With You’s Wednesday Morning Wakeup

Nerds, it is your day. It is “May The 4th Be With You” — a play on words I respect, but not a holiday I celebrate. (I’m more of a Cinco De Mayo fan myself.)

But for those of you who are down with the Star Wars stuff, get out there and slap your lightsabers together and ride your Millenium Falcolms in jubilation. Just leave some of Twitter for the rest of us today. Don’t overdo it, please.

May the 4th be with you.

Charles Matthews is recovering from hip surgery.

We now know the “minor, outpatient surgery” Charles Matthews underwent last week, thanks to his mother, via the Cats Pause. Mama Matthews said it was a preventative measure and her son will fully recover within the next six weeks.

“It was giving him problems during the season so we decided to go ahead and take a preventative measure,” she told the Cats Pause. “We saw it coming and said, ‘let’s nip this in the bud.’”

Bill Clinton had the honor of meeting Tyler Ulis while in Lexington yesterday.

Our nation’s 42nd President stopped by UK’s Rupp Arena locker room yesterday after campaigning for his wife on campus. Clinton took time to pose with Tyler and James Ulis, as well as Devin Booker, Coach Cal and other members of the coaching staff.

Ted Cruz landed a vicious combo on his wife’s face after bowing out of the Republican presidential race.

Sticking to politics for a moment, watch Ted Cruz go all Jon Bones Jones on his wife in Indiana last night.

That pretty much sums his entire campaign up.

Forgive me: I was in Mexico without a phone for a week… But has Marques Bolden picked a school yet?

It looks like Marques Bolden is still undecided, although recent scuttlebutt is trending in Kentucky’s direction. Swaggy Cal is still in full pursuit even during the current quiet period, as seen in his bizarre weight room videos.

Mark Stoops ranked No. 56 among all Power Five college football coaches.

CBSSports.com is ranking all 65 head coaches of the Power Five football conferences, and Mark Stoops is toward the wrong end of that list, at No. 56. Here’s what the rankings had to say about Kentucky’s coach:

56. Mark Stoops, Kentucky (58): UK took a nice step forward in Stoops’ second season, improving from two to five wins, but it remained at five wins last season. Can Stoops get this team to the next level?

The nine coaches behind him: Derek Mason, Vanderbilt; Mike MacIntyre, Colorado; Dave Clawson, Wake Forest; D.J. Durkin, Maryland; Tracy Claeys, Minnesota; Barry Odom, Missouri; Darrell Hazell, Purdue; Chris Ash, Rutgers; and David Beaty, Kansas.

That puts Stoops at No. 12 in the conference, according to CBSSports.

Tune in to KSR radio in an hour…

Article written by Drew Franklin

15 Comments for May The 4th Be With You’s Wednesday Morning Wakeup

1. RC
    9:09 am May 4, 2016 Permalink

May the 4th Be With You? I always thought it was “May the Dorks Be With You.”
    Not sure which makes more sense, but thanks for clarifying!

2. nybrasky
    9:29 am May 4, 2016 Permalink

May the 4th. Least favorite social media / interwebs nonsense day of the year. Pi Day is a distant 2nd.

3. Sentient Third Eye
    9:42 am May 4, 2016 Permalink

That was a funny moment with Cruz, but I hate to see his campaign end. As a high IQ myself, I hoped to see a true intellectual win the election. Cruz tests between 165 and 170, making him easily the most intelligent person to run for President since they’ve had IQ tests (by contrast, Bill Clinton, Bush and Obama can be all lumped together in the 110-140 range; all fairly smart, but not uncommonly so). I doubt that Donald Trump could pass a GED exam, frankly, and Hillary speaks so slow that she seems to be suffering from Tortoise Nervosa (any Night Court fans still out there?). What a pair of dim bulbs, but Americans seem to want free stuff instead of solutions, so here we go…

• tombanjo
      10:05 am May 4, 2016 Permalink

i also track the IQs of politicians. ita a GREAT SPORT!

• Kernel Sanders
      10:22 am May 4, 2016 Permalink

“As a high IQ myself” —- was it necessary to the rest of your post to add that? What does your IQ have to do with the IQ of Cruz, Trump, Clinton or flippin Ron Burgundy for that matter? Did we need to know or did YOU need us to know? Sigh, whenever I read some self indulgent crap like that, it just taints anything else the self absorbed poster has to say.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:23 am May 4, 2016 Permalink

Hey, for me it’s the first thing I always research about a candidate! The second thing is their educational backgrounds. Third is extracurricular activities in college. Fourth is employment history. Only then do I move to actual political issues. Maybe that’s not typical, but it’s just how I do things!

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:25 am May 4, 2016 Permalink

Kernal, that opening clause was necessary to establish that Ted Cruz represented my particular demographic. It’s akin to someone saying, “As a black guy myself, I was glad to see Obama elected.”

• Dr. Van Nostrand
      10:54 am May 4, 2016 Permalink

“As a high IQ myself…”

Proper grammar would be, “As someone with a high IQ….”

• runningunnin.454
      11:27 am May 4, 2016 Permalink

Intelligence is one factor; we might check the “crook,cheat,and liar” factor of Hillary.
      We ignored the “never run anything in his life” factor for Obama.

• chimichanga
      3:34 pm May 4, 2016 Permalink

Cruz was the worst and most dangerous candidate in this race, and that’s saying a lot.

Guess that unsubstantiated high IQ of yours doesn’t translate to common sense. It didn’t for Cruz either.

• chimichanga
      3:40 pm May 4, 2016 Permalink

Also adding to Sentient’s incredible intellect: IQ data for the Presidents and candidates he named are unknown and merely speculation, if not outright horsesh*t.

4. inside info2
    9:55 am May 4, 2016 Permalink

Drew, my condolences. I saw where the love of your life, Kate Upton, got engaged this week. Of course, that’s not marriage, so there’s still time for you.

5. rickwhitetx
    11:46 am May 4, 2016 Permalink

Geez … Cruz hugs the guy behind him before hugging his wife? Or did I see that wrong? I feel sorry for her in many ways.

6. ekywildcat
    1:01 pm May 4, 2016 Permalink

Bill might enjoy Minardi Hall more.