Maxey day and draft decisions (Wednesday Show Thread)

Today on Kentucky Sports Radio radio, Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond will preview Tyrese Maxey’s upcoming decision, as well as give the latest on the three NBA hopefuls who have a decision to make in the near future.

That, and more, on KSR.

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

21 Comments for Maxey day and draft decisions (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    9:57 am May 9, 2018 Permalink

Numero Uno!

2. Folks, I’ve been doing some thinking, and I just don’t know about this class Cal is bringing in next year, not to mention the unis (although at least the checkerboard is gone):

• Realme
      10:21 am May 9, 2018 Permalink

RG, did you go to school with any of these guys? (just kidding)

• I posted that on Facebook last night with the same caption and my uncle in Bowling Green (and some guy that I think is a friend of his) was laughing at how the guys on the left look like they have rickets. I said “Hey, I hear the guy on the very left is faster than John Wall!” The one guy also noted that the 2nd guy didn’t get the memo regarding tall socks only.

• The 2nd player I mean…

• runningunnin.454
      10:28 am May 9, 2018 Permalink

Very cute, Realme…no, I didn’t get to UK til 1919.

• J-Dub421
      10:28 am May 9, 2018 Permalink

It’s hilarious to me to imagine these guys trying to play against a team from the modern era. Imagine those dudes playing our 2010, 2012, or 2015 teams. Talk about a beating.

• Hey Realme, leave us old guys alone. 😛
      I remember watching Dan Issel play, and that’s my earliest memory. What team/player is yours? 2012? Ha!

• Realme
      10:33 am May 9, 2018 Permalink

Hee haw. I didn’t get into sports until college. Grew up in a household of brothers and dad that were all things Detroit sports, thought they were nuts. But I transferred to UK in Jan of ’97 and I have been an obsessed fan ever since.

• J-Dub, it reminds me of Sweet River Baines:

Boy, I can’t post anything but links today it seems. Well, back to work. I’ll check in later.

Hopefully we get Maxsey (sp?).

• runningunnin.454
      10:39 am May 9, 2018 Permalink

Detroit sports…small world. I’m still psst they razed Tiger Stadium.

• J-Dub421
      10:45 am May 9, 2018 Permalink

I can vaguely remember Kenny ‘Sky” Walker from when I was really little. We went on probation in the late 80’s right around the time I was starting to understand and get into basketball. So I listened to games on the radio with my family for two years. Therefore, the first team I really remember watching was the Unforgettables in the early 90’s. Jamal Mashburn was my favorite player growing up.

• ClutchCargo
      10:47 am May 9, 2018 Permalink

Would it be a beating, though, J-dub? If they played under the 1904 rules, there were cast iron rims mounted flat on the wall, no dunking, you were only allowed one dribble and then you had to pass it and not shoot, etc.. Basically, athleticism wasn’t really as much of a factor as it is today. Still might be a beating, and definitely would be if it was played under today’s rules.

• Realme
      10:50 am May 9, 2018 Permalink

That would be a funny tv feature. Take some of today’s guys and make them play under 1904 rules and conditions. And apparently, in sweaters. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      11:09 am May 9, 2018 Permalink

JDub, I was at the SEC tourny when Walker took that ugly spill and had to leave the game. Happened right in front of me…naturally we got beat. Not a happy drive home.

• J-Dub421
      11:19 am May 9, 2018 Permalink

Even under 1904 rules, it would still be a beating. Those dudes would never get a shot off over Anthony Davis and Terrence Jones.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:20 am May 9, 2018 Permalink

Watched UK baseball whip IU last night, and learned something. IU has a program in which Chinese students broadcast every home basketball game online…in Mandarin.
    Wonder how you say, “we suck” in Mandarin?