Matt’s back for Day 1 of the Summer Tour (Monday Show Thread)

Good morning, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Matt is back from his two-week vacation just in time to start this year’s summer tour, which means they’re about to show up in an undisclosed location in our listening area. Where? Tune in to find out, and if you’re close by, hop in the car to come watch the show. Lots and lots to talk about.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

29 Comments for Matt’s back for Day 1 of the Summer Tour (Monday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:45 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

Welcome back uncle Matt! Can today’s show be 4 hrs?

2. I started to say Matt probably could have found a cheap suit somewhere and had it altered on a rush, but as small as he says Bristol is I guess not.

3. Jpcat
    10:22 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

Shipping cost owed to Vanetti is chump change compared to what was saved by not doing a summer tour this year.

• J-Dub421
      11:23 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

They are doing the summer tour, it’s just not being announced ahead of time.

4. Wow. Show Thread still slow even on Matt’s first day back!

5. Realme
    10:51 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

I don’t think Cal was singling out Rick with his comments, I think he was referencing Pitino, Williams, Boeheim, etc. All of them.

• J-Dub421
      10:56 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

Agreed, but Rick was the one stupid enough to “yelp” which means Cal’s rock hit at least one mark.

• @GoCayts
      10:56 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

I agree … I thought he was actually being a little broad and vague on purpose … sounded like he was saying everybody is on me for stuff that happened off campus or in high school and that’s impossible to try to keep track of, but other coaches have things going on right on campus and they’re not being roasted

• KevinM
      2:01 pm June 27, 2016 Permalink

Great response from Cal and your understanding of what Cal has gone through over the years.

Let’s see the NCAA take away some of Roy’s fraudulent wins.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:55 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

I was talking to a guy this weekend who has a job that puts him in direct contact with coaches and players at UofL, and he said that Pitino told McGee to “do what he had to do” to get some high profile recruits. However, according to him Pitino never dreamed it would come to hiring prostitutes. Sounds like what we have here is “failure to communicate”. ๐Ÿ˜€

• J-Dub421
      10:58 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

The really hilarious part is that while cheating to get recruits, Cal still out-recruited them.

• @GoCayts
      10:59 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

geez … is it that hard to find some coeds? I mean if you’re a 17-19 year old recruit, would you rather mess around with a hot college chick or an older prostitute … I mean … is that just me?

• RealCatsFan
      11:17 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

That’s exactly what this guy said. These players could get all the action they wanted on their own. I guess Andre thought getting some skanks to do some nasty things would impress them.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:17 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

I believe the issue is that not all coeds are bonded.

No doubt McGee used only Angie’s List-approved contractors in his recruiting activities.

7. RealCatsFan
    11:18 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

So now we have a new nickname – Parsley Pickin’ Jones… ๐Ÿ˜€

8. J-Dub421
    11:22 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

I can see Phoenix’s logic. The UK guards they had already drafted were good, so why not get another one? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

9. CATandMONKEY
    11:22 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

Matts’ respite included gems that even Bilas could not fathom.

10. Realme
    11:29 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

Why is it not okay for some people to have not liked the Barstool guys? I didn’t listen, but if I had, and I didn’t like the show, I’d be sick of all the people who are fans of the show feeling the need to correct me for my opinion.

• J-Dub421
      11:43 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

You are totally entitled to your opinion. Their fans seem to think that if you didn’t like them, it must be because you don’t have a sense of humor. That is annoying. I didn’t particularly like them either. I wasn’t offended or anything, I just found them boring.

• Realme
      11:46 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

I’ve tried their podcast twice, because I am always looking for new ones to listen to, and found them boring also. The combination of that and the fact that I am one of those who doesn’t want to hear anything about Wisconsin ever made my decision to skip them last week easy.

11. Realme
    11:51 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

I wonder if Suzanne knows she kind of comes across as rude when she calls. I don’t know what she’s going for, but she scolded someone else for no reason recently too.

• J-Dub421
      11:58 am June 27, 2016 Permalink

Plus, who takes a suit on vacation???

12. KevinM
    2:05 pm June 27, 2016 Permalink

Great 1st show back, and plenty of stories for Matt to tell.

KSR just adds to the list of ways to stay informed with UK all year.

13. roundball fool
    7:59 pm June 27, 2016 Permalink

Welcome back, Matt. The first segment was golden.

Kinda wished Matt had taken Dakich and Jay Williams down but hey….don’t punch down.