Matthew Mitchell devoured deviled eggs prior to receiving latest commitment

As we mentioned on the website earlier today, UK women’s basketball coach Matthew Mitchell picked up a commitment during an in-home visit in Bell County last night. Maci Morris, a highly-touted guard in the 2015 class, and her family had Mitchell over to discuss Maci’s future and how she’ll fit in at the University of Kentucky.

And while he was in the Morris home, Coach Mitchell devoured some food.

“He sat down and ate like a mule,” Lewis Morris told the Herald-Leader. “I bet he ate 18 deviled eggs. I called him Cool Hand Luke.”

Mitchell’s country boy approach worked with the Morrises. Lewis Morris said he was easy to talk to and that made Maci feel more comfortable. She ended up committing before he left for the night, picking UK Hoops over schools like Louisville, Marquette and Dayton.

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for Matthew Mitchell devoured deviled eggs prior to receiving latest commitment

1. Bobalatate
    6:49 pm September 19, 2013 Permalink

“Maybe Mitchell should put away a dozen and a half deviled eggs before every visit.”

I’m guessing Mrs. Mitchell might disagree with you on that.

2. Doppleganger
    6:56 pm September 19, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure the excitement of the commitment was obscured by the scent of sulfur during the car ride from Pineville back to Lexington

3. Holding My Nose
    7:11 pm September 19, 2013 Permalink

Coach Mitchel called off practice today.
    Deviled egg farts were just too strong in coliseum.

4. Itstime
    7:55 pm September 19, 2013 Permalink

Mitchell needs to stop dancing and stop eating and get to the final 4. He’s one of the highest paid coaches out there and has nice facilities and the UK backing. Lets see something besides an elite 8 ass kicking for the investment.

5. theSkinny81
    8:00 pm September 19, 2013 Permalink

4 – Tard Alert!!!

6. Katdaddy
    8:39 pm September 19, 2013 Permalink

Matthew Mitchell has done a hell of a job at UK, I find myself in to the hoops games just as much as the mens games.

7. Eggs, eggs, eggs
    8:51 pm September 19, 2013 Permalink

Coach Mitchell ate like a mule….. 18 deviled eggs, 4 egg salad sandwiches, 2 poached eggs, 2 fried egg sandwiches and Eggs Benedict and Eggs Pineville !!!

8. Boss Frog
    8:52 pm September 19, 2013 Permalink

Mitch should spend the $$$ on sheet that matters, like effin football

9. Orangello
    10:28 pm September 19, 2013 Permalink

“No man can eat that many eggs”

“My boy, Luke, can…”

10. To Mr. Morris & #9, thanks for the “Cool Hand Luke” references. One of the greatest and, ahem, COOLEST movies of all time! So many great & memorable lines:

“My man says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs!”
    “Sometimes nothin’ can be a real cool hand.”
    “Whut we have hee-yahh, is a fail-yahh to communicate!”

Classic, just classic.

11. musrat1959
    4:50 am September 20, 2013 Permalink

I am very happy that the young lady from Bell County is going to play for the Ladycats. Props to Maci.