Matthew Hurt picks Duke

As expected, five-star power forward Matthew Hurt has committed to Duke.

The Rochester, Minnesota native announced the news at a ceremony at his school this afternoon, picking the Blue Devils over Kentucky, Kansas, and North Carolina. Whereas it seemed Kentucky might have a shot with him a few weeks ago, when his family canceled an in-home visit with John Calipari over the weekend, the writing was on the wall.

Kentucky’s 2019 class stands as such: combo guard Tyrese Maxey, small forward Keion Brooks, small forward Kahlil Whitney, and small forward Dontaie Allen. Maxey, Brooks, and Whitney will all be in action at the Jordan Brand Classic tomorrow night in Vegas. Jack Pilgrim’s out there to cover it for us and will have highlights from today’s practices in just a bit.

[mobile_ad]

109 Comments for Matthew Hurt picks Duke

1. IrishCat
    4:27 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

I’ve been looking forward to disliking this guy for a while now..

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      8:08 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Agreed.

• cats646
      9:41 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Same. His face is very punchable

• J. Did
      8:08 am April 20, 2019 Permalink

Loved Luke Kennard; we missed out on Luke.

This fella?

Maybe Coach K sees something we don’t.

Skinny butt’s don’t keep benches warm.

Could be skin color …….and the content of his GPA.

2. mashman 93
    4:28 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

3. bigbluenationmbb
    4:28 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

I’ll take McDaniel’s and blackshear over him we don’t need him

• StuckinLville
      4:49 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

We wont get McDaniels either but I’ll take grad transfers over freshmen any day unless they are like a Zion. At least with grad transfers there’s no freshmen growing pains and automatic leaders.

• JT55
      5:04 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

McDaniels isn’t coming either. They better hope they land a few more transfers or next year will get ugly.

• jr
      9:39 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Hell yes we need him! Have you actually looked at the next class we have coming in? I mean when is coach Cal going to get a true big man and quit getting out recruited on big men. Well he is going to have to figure out how to use the big guys in the middle, with out his traditional back to the basket, and just getting rebounds and blocks! There is more to that position, and in this new age of basketball, the bigs coming like to shoot 15 footers, and have more offense to their games than in past decades! Coach how long is it going to take for you to start developing bigs? Its been 3 years now, and we haven’t recruited a great big man, while other schools are scooping them up, and are improving in ways coach has got to change on!! I mean Texas Tech, and others that were not a problem to recruit against, are now HUGE problems…..WTF

4. Wade
    4:28 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

So

5. Bruce Dickinson
    4:29 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Hope he likes not being developed into a better player than he already is

6. BigBlue4Three
    4:30 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Another swing and a miss. Batting average has to be rivaling the Reds team batting average (.198).

• nocode96
      4:40 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Hey bigolblue, I see you’ve picked your next user name. I like how any recruit that doesn’t come to Kentucky is a swing and a miss. You do realize, I hope, that if Cal wasn’t here, top recruits wouldn’t even entertain the idea of playing at UK? I e said for a while I kinda can’t wait for Cal to retire so I can watch people like you complain about the 4 star kids we will be missing out on then.

• katmandue2you
      10:29 am April 20, 2019 Permalink

Where did the concept that Kentucky has nothing to offer if it doesn’t have Cal come from? This place got great players before Cal and sure as hell will afterward. I’m not anti Calipari, I just don’t get this attitude that Kentucky basketball would tank without JC. It’s laughable

• yitbos93640
      4:45 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Because top recruits didn’t come to UK before Cal? I think there are a few teams that would disagree with you.

• nocode96
      5:34 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Except I didn’t say that yitboy. Those “top” recruits were the Jodie Meeks and Bobby Perry’s of the world. And before that, players like Mashburnfan or Walker were all but guaranteed to play at least two years. You’re trying to compare apples to bowling balls. And if you think for one second that any…ANY OLof the top 20 recruits Cal has brought in (and there’s been more than the rest of UK history combined by the way) would’ve come here without Cal, you’re dumber than I already suspect you are.

7. BigJohnC
    4:31 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Well what’s dukes class consist of at this time? I can’t find it anywhere

• mashman 93
      4:48 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Wendell Moore, Vernon Carey jr, and Mathew Hurt all five stars

• BlueSteel
      5:08 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

…And Boogie Ellis – a four star

• shelby
      5:23 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

And we have whitney, maxey, and brooks —- 2 5 stars and brooks will be by the end if the summer. Add in sestina and allen and we have a pretty damned good class. If we play duke, take hurt off the dribble about 100 times. He can’t guard our wings.

• BlueSteel
      5:35 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Shelby: I completely agree with you.

• mashburnfan1
      10:53 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

We played dUKe this year and yea I agree we really, oh wait never mind. And we had the more experienced team by far. And great defense is done by a team 95% of the time, not an individual.

• 4everUKblue
      9:28 am April 20, 2019 Permalink

dUKe had the best recruiting class in history according to ESPN, plus Bolden was a junior so you look more and more like an idiot troll every time you post.

8. Bigblue7982
    4:31 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Money!

9. BigJohnC
    4:31 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Just wanting to compare

• Cats79
      6:03 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Guys you gotta remember Blackshear jr will not be eligible to play next year if he chooses to come to Kentucky

• a21CATSfan
      6:08 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

That’s not true at all 79. He is a graduate transfer. He is immediately eligible wherever he wants to go. CATS

• StillBP
      6:08 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

No, he’s immediately eligible as grad transfer

10. kybirdieman
    4:33 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

We better get Blackshear.

11. kbh1025
    4:39 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Didn’t want him anyways. Dudes gonna be a bust for sure

• mashburnfan1
      10:56 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

you must be one of the same ones last year when Zion committed that said good, he is fat and out of shape, all he can do is dunk etc. Be proud though to bash an 18 year old on the internet, not to mention one who is going to a great program {I know we hat them but facts are K has made them great, for a great coach and it is what he wanted to do.

12. 1UKFAN6
    4:41 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

We know his family will be moved to
    Durham and told he will be allowed to bomb threes all game. They lie to kids and don’t even develop them. None of his players get better. Puke can have him

13. StuckinLville
    4:47 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

U think he’d learn from other players there is no development there. He looks like a Dukie.

• bigblue2284
      4:51 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

You guys are hilarious Cal nor K develop these players. If you think these guys develop in 6 months you’re insane. Both recruits NBA ready talent that would go straight to the NBA if allowed.

• 4everUKblue
      5:42 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

You must be a blind man bigblue, that and a dumbfuk!

• a21CATSfan
      6:14 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

So why are Cal’s players doing so much better as a whole at the next level? dUKe has gotten higher ranked, more polished players, but Cals players are having better starts to their careers? Is that just coincidence? Are you going to use the old argument, “they could go anywhere and get drafted?” That may be true, but are they going to get $100+ Million second or third contracts? I believe Matthew Hurt made the wrong decision, that’s just my opinion. And supposedly, his family was very thorough with their decision. If I’m wrong, maybe Cal hasn’t made up any ground on Coach K like I thought he had. CATS

• mashburnfan1
      11:10 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Cal has lost in first round while at UK, in the freakin NIT at that you idiot. And if you think any person develops someone in 6-8 months you are as stupid as you claim others to be. I guess every player in the world should go to Murray St, that coach took a no name non recruited kid to a top 5 pick in 2 years, Cal has NEVER done that or even close to it. It depends on the person, some develop later than others and some just never get it. If, as you claim, it is all Cal then what happened to Goodwin, Briscoe, Lee, SKJ, Gabriel, Teague, Twins, Richards, Quade, POY, Matthews, need I go on. Many of those were 1st round pick projections out of High School and after a year to 3 with Cal were never drafted. There are your facts, not opinions. Cal was great at recruiting NBA ready guys..Wall, Bledsoe, AD, MKG etc.

14. bigblue2284
    4:53 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Coaching K > Cal
    Recruiting K > Cal
    School UK > Duke

• Bruce Dickinson
      5:11 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

If K is such a great coach how did he not take the best recruiting class ever to the final four and almost lost to UCF.

• kybirdieman
      6:38 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Same way Cal lost to WV with Wall, Cousins, Liggins, and Bledsoe.

• masterblaster48
      6:25 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Then go cheer for duke

• kybirdieman
      7:43 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Never, probably been a UK fan before you were born. Just try to express my opinion without blue goggles. Check out NCAA champs over last 15 years, one and done teams have won two, UK 2012, Duke 2015. Not a very good record for one and dones .

• Blue Bill
      10:43 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

How many coaches get the elite one and dones dumb ass? 2-3 out of 300+ schools?

• a21CATSfan
      6:26 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Coach K has 5 championships. Cool. He has also lost 4 times in the First Round (Round of 64). Coach Cal has only lost one time in the First Round. Not just at Kentucky (which he’s never lost in the First Round), ever. I swear the media never picked the CATS, Coach Cal or any of the players for anything throughout the tournament. They didn’t say a word. UK was the trendy upset pick with Wofford and Houston. But, good thing Kentucky lost a couple hours before dUKe, so Cal could take all the blame for not winning his 10th title at UK. It’s unreal. And you wonder why these guys are picking dUKe? You may not believe this, but Cal and Kentucky have more overall wins and the exact same number of tournament wins as Coach K and dUKe, in the last 4 seasons (since they’ve “surpassed” Kentucky in recruiting). Sorry, not sorry.

• 4everUKblue
      10:06 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

K has 5 titles after being at the same school for 39 yrs, has had the best talent every year even before the one and done. dUKe was the last major school where players stayed 4 years, he had the best class in recruiting history this season and would’ve lost to UCF if the game had been called fairly. The three seasons prior to this one he had the best talent in the country and not only did get a sniff of the final four but lost in the round of 32, sweet 16 and elite 8. His players don’t get better throughout the season, I like my coach, plus K has zero integrity and copies everything Cal does. Go Cats!

• 4everUKblue
      10:23 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

I’ll bet you haven’t been a Kentucky fan longer than I’ve been alive birdie, in fact I don’t think you’re even a fan now, but I’ll compare how long I’ve been a fan with you any day.

• kybirdieman
      10:59 am April 20, 2019 Permalink

Since 1955 blue, when championships mattered, not the NBA draft. Can’t wait until the new draft rule goes into effect and the prima dones can go pro.

• Blue Bill
      12:07 pm April 20, 2019 Permalink

Maybe we should just start recruiting less talented players now birdie.

• mashburnfan1
      11:13 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

There is 4ever again, the only person who know anything, just ask him. Actually no team has won with one and done players. Both the 2012 UK team and 2015 dUKe teams were led by veteran players. There will not be a team that has to rely on just FR win a title, I don’t care if both Cal and K coach them together.

• 4everUKblue
      9:30 am April 20, 2019 Permalink

I’ve been waiting for you moron, I don’t know much but I know a hell of a lot than you mashburnKfanboy.

• Luether
      4:11 pm April 20, 2019 Permalink

‘Ships are all that matter when judging college basketball programs and coaches…

15. henderblue
    4:54 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Shocker….

16. Trueblue44
    4:58 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Meh, wasn’t really worried about him anyways. Not downing him, just wasn’t sold on him. Blackshear, yes please.

17. JT55
    5:03 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

K owns Cal right now. Next year isnt’t looking too bright.

• Bruce Dickinson
      5:12 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Neither at you

• nocode96
      5:38 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Mashburnfan, bigolblue, and others disappeared… now we get JT and bigblue84 it whatever. Please, and I’m asking nicely, just go root for dUKe. You’re obviously not okay with anything other than a championship each year. Wait…what’s that? Sorry, I’m getting breaking news as we speak….wow, K hasn’t won a championship every year either! You heard it here first folks. I’m also hearing rumors that no team wins the championship every year! Wow, what bombshells I’m hearing, big if true.

• 4everUKblue
      5:40 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

How does he own Cal? He got no further than Cal did in the tourney and if the refs had called it honest K would’ve lost to UCF, but whatever helps you enjoy your misery.

• BluejayK
      9:46 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

I m not sure anyone could handle the overall Kentucky program better than Cal, but why do you and nocode get so butthurt over criticism of Cal? K has out recruited him the last couple of years. It’s that simple.

• 4everUKblue
      10:09 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

You sure know a lot about being butt hurt don’t you BJK? And how has K winning the recruiting battle helped dUKe? Take a look at his last four classes, who they lost to and at what point in the tourney. And maybe try not to be a dickhead.

• mashburnfan1
      11:16 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Really not sure why KSR lets this 4ever jerk say stuff like he does using those words. Well actually KSR sucks Cals dick like 4ever does. There lets see if I get away with it like Mr. Know it all.

• mashburnfan1
      11:16 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Wow I did. 4ever do us all a favor and join your wife.

• 4everUKblue
      9:34 am April 20, 2019 Permalink

masburnKfanboy do us all al favor and slit your wrists. You and BigolSlaterMedic sure do talk a lot about dick sucking Oh wait, you’re the same person, can’t be sure you’ve ever sucked on but I guarantee you’ve had a few in your mouth fagboy…

18. 1UKFAN6
    5:08 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

How do you say cal doesn’t develop these players. We have a ton of kids that come in that aren’t even projected to go then UK makes them better. How many kids go to duke and come out better. I haven’t see any in the past 10 years.

19. addyjaxlarkin
    5:08 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Hahaha I know most people would think I would be saying this because he chose duke… but the potential is there but as of right now he’s a very raw prospect he will get pushed around at the college level I was not impressed at all by his play in any of the All-Star games. We will be so much better off picking up someone like Blackshear. He is not what we needed we have everything he would’ve provided for us already we need a more skilled big..

20. 1611Cat
    5:11 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

If he had chosen UK we all would have been thrilled and blowing this board up with positive posts. He didn’t and that’s that, let the kid go where he wants (I hate it’s Duke) and let’s move on. Good days ahead for #BBN!

21. brads_cankles
    5:11 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

how long until he gets face tattoos and calls himself Lil’ Flop?

22. 1UKFAN6
    5:16 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

I’d rather have blacksheer I just think these kids that pick duke are hilarious. People act like coach k has done something amazing staying at the same school for 30 plus years and has had the top players every year with the ncaa in his back pocket with a paved gold bracket to the final four every year. I mean I don’t blame these kids for going to duke when they have their family moved to Durham living in gated communities.

23. Larkin123
    5:20 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Cal gets the best of the best…

24. shelby
    5:21 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

No surprise. But if u wanna know the reason we’re missing so much, look no further than skal, sacha, nick, and quade. Other coaches are pointing out Cal’s failure to develop these guys. Couple that with coach O’s departure and u have it!

• StillBP
      6:12 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Lol is this satire? We can name a lot of players Cal has developed. Of course you’ll say they didn’t need developing so just continue to be negative and ignorant.

25. CahillsCrossingNT
    5:25 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Krzyzewski is absolutely cleaning Calipari’s clock on the recruiting trail.

• JT55
      8:28 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Be careful making comments like that. People tend to get butthurt around here. They’ll tell you to find another team to root for. Although the truth hurts. I honestly dont think Hurt will make a huge impact. But, the fact that K is taking the type of player Cal used to land every year is problematic.

26. J. Did
    5:33 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Not worried about this young man or his decision; he can go where he likes which – lucky for us – happens to be dook.

While I don’t wish him luck, I am glad he did not choose KENTUCKY only to be disappointed in his decision and ultimately transferring.

And, selfishly, I am glad he chose dook so that he had no chance to disappoint KENTUCKY and the BBN.

If KENTUCKY plays him in the future, like any other doo…kuh player ever since the devil’s son ‘Late-nerd’, I pray the CATS make him pay….eternally.

27. 4everUKblue
    5:38 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

He will be no better at the end of the season than he is today, K has proved over the last 4 seasons he doesn’t develop talent. Having said that, I expect comments from the dUKe apologists, you know who you are.

28. Kat4Life
    5:51 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Bobblehead

29. runningunnin.454
    5:53 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

I said a week ago, when he and his family let two coaches get on a plane and head to Minnesnowta without letting them know they had shut down his recruitment…we don’t want him.
    Dook is where he belongs, with morally corrupt Coach K.
    Skill wise, he reminds me of Ethan Happ of Wisconsin, and he never impressed me, either.

30. a21CATSfan
    6:05 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

I feel like Kentucky is the only school where kids aren’t forced to choose. If a kid likes UK, all we ever hear is how the mom or dad wants him to stay close to home, or go to dUKe. The whole Tre Jones thing is fishy. Yes, his brother is already a multi-millionaire (only averaging a career-high 6 and 4 this season), but he’s not even testing the waters? A consensus first round pick not even getting feedback? Coach K begged him to stay to help his chances with Matthew Hurt, and I’m sure Coach K begged Matthew Hurt after the news broke. Now, they are getting desperate with Cassius Stanley, just like Trevon Duval, trying to fill a need. We will see if this works out any better. At least Cal lets his players think for themselves. Hell, it took damn near a month for freakin Zion to officially announce. CATS

31. Cats79
    6:09 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Blackshear will not be eligible to play next year if he chooses to come to Kentucky. He’s not a graduate transfer, he just want to transfer out of Virginia Tech

• StillBP
      6:13 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

You’re wrong. He graduated in December. He’s immediately eligible. Stop repeating incorrect information

• michaelb
      6:36 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

I think it’s pretty dumb that with a degree you can immediately play . Can’t with out – the rule always has stunk

• runningunnin.454
      6:21 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Blackshear graduated in December, and would be a grad transfer eligible to play for a new school next season.

• runningunnin.454
      6:24 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha, 2 to 1, BP. Now that’s straightened out, but he could remain at Tech, or he could follow his coach to A&M, or he could stay in the draft. Wait, wait and wait.

• Cats79
      7:19 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

You right I was wrong had Blackshear mix up with another player that’s possible transition to Ky

32. JT919
    6:11 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Not losing any sleep over not getting this guy. ZERO defensive chops.

33. Catcasey1
    6:18 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Please stop talking about the jerk

34. chrislarkey
    6:20 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Congrats kid, glad you picked the school you love

Now I hope you fail because I hate your school and all players on it

35. krautdog
    6:22 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

He was so important to our future that I forgot that his announcement was today!

36. michaelb
    6:35 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

I feel like this guy is gonna be one of those under whelming 5 star guys now that he’s gonna play for Duke .

37. VirginiaCat
    6:53 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Hurt is a top ten recruit. Cal invested a lot of time recruiting him and wanted him badly. He picked Duke without even allowing Cal to deliver his final pitch. We haven’t won a head-to-head recruiting battle with Duke since Knox. Duke is pretty much getting whoever they want and Cal is left to pick through the left overs.

• JT919
      7:13 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

He’s a top ten recruit because he scores a bunch in an environment where very few players play defense. He himself certainly doesnt. Fans like you would bitch about him nonstop if he played for us how he’s going to at duke.

• mrknowitall1981
      7:32 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Pretty sure Montgomery was being heavily recruited by Duke. Just saying ?????

• 4everUKblue
      10:11 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Cal also wanted Bolden. How did he turn out VACat/whiner?

38. CatfaninCinci
    7:06 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

The guy just looks like a Duke player… He’s got a face you can hate.

• JT919
      7:17 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

I think he is the biggest dork I’ve ever seen who also happened to be a top recruit.

39. FlatTopsAndBlockedShots
    7:17 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Kids go to Duke because they think the game environment is awesome and there’s a BMOC vibe there, glorified high school status. When a player commits to Kentucky it’s because they want a challenge, want to be pushed opposed to being told how great they are and they will be the next “insert nba player”, they are about their families and the new family they are about to enter in the BBN and La Familia. Children go to Duke, NBA pros go to UK. It’s a mentality thing

40. Cats79
    7:17 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

I apologize guys I had it mix up Blackshear is eligible to play this fall, I had him and Jordan Brown mix up it’s Brown that’s not eligible to play this fall if he chooses to come to My.

41. jamesrae
    7:25 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Another kid who won’t do as well in the NBA. Coach K doesn’t prepare them even close to as well as Cal.

42. kbo24
    7:28 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Probably got the same deal as Zion. I’m skeptical of any kid’s motives when they have Kansas on their list these days.

43. Blue Bill
    7:56 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

This guy just looks like Duke. Google Duke Basketball and his picture comes up.

44. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    8:55 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I feel bad for Kansas. Everytime they become the favorite to land a kid Coach Kountdracul relieses they’re willing to take money and shows up with a bigger bag full of bigger bills and what do know they get the kid. Zion created a special awareness for Coach Killyomomma and with the knowledge the NCAA won’t touch them no school will ever get a greedy kid again because he’ll always pay more.

45. blueblood4life
    9:02 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Bye !!!

46. UK Maine-iac
    9:06 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

I wish the kid well. His legs scared me. Those toothpicks remind me of Sam Bowie.

47. Just saying
    9:18 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

Have to admit that K is getting more and more of the recruits that Cal wanted. If you are going to play in the 1 n done era you need to get the top guys.

48. speaksthetruth
    9:28 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

If it is true that K is getting all the top recruits over Cal then it proves he is not developing these guys like Cal because he is not doing any better in the tournament and these guys are doing better in the NBA. If K is getting better players and is a better coach he should be getting to the final hour every year. You guys are saying cal should get there every year, but yet saying he doesn’t have the players k has.

• Just saying
      10:00 pm April 20, 2019 Permalink

Just saying K is landing the players Cal tried to get. And not just any players – the top talent. Personally I think too many UK fans have become more content to see players in the Green Room on draft night than playing for NCAA Championships. Is that our measure of success now?

49. makeitstop
    9:38 pm April 19, 2019 Permalink

We hv 3 five star players and a top grad transfer coming in – I think we will be ok. #firstworldproblems

50. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    3:10 am April 20, 2019 Permalink

If what the trolls are saying is true then K gets the best players, Cal gets the best people.

51. SGD
    7:34 am April 20, 2019 Permalink

Neither Cal nor K made the final 4 this year, they both choked. How many 5 stars did Virginia or Texas Tech have? It is not all about the stars, but building a team, 2 guards, 2 forwards and a center. Positionless does not work, nor does the dribble drive. We need a coaching staff who can actually see if a kid can shoot a jumper consistently and enamored with his ability to dunk.