Surprise! Another episode of the Matt Jones Podcast is here!
This time, Matt and Drew break down Kentucky’s upcoming trip to the Bahamas, the roster, and fun stories from their last trip to Atlantis in 2014.
Here’s a breakdown of everything discussed:
3:30 – Bahamas overview
-Why the Bahamas trip is so crucial for this team’s development. A look back at the 2014 trip.
-Stories from the last Bahamas trip: What sights do they expect to see on and off the court
-Describing the Atlantis resort
9:10-40:00 – What they’ve heard about the team, roster breakdown
- PJ Washington— “most anticipated return since the Twins”
- Quade Green— In better shape and an improved shooter
- Nick Richards— Drew’s take on why he could play more than people expect
- Jemarl Baker— Matt has major issues with the way he spells his name
- Reid Travis— “toughness we haven’t had since Julius Randle”
- Keldon Johnson— where he ranks among UK trash talkers
- EJ Montgomery— front court rotation doesn’t matter as “he’s a superstar, he’s playing”
- Ashton Hagans— Matt thinks he will be the starting point guard
- he runs 1000 mph… he’s like a headless chicken
- How long can a chicken live with his head cut off? (they pull out the Google machine)
- Immanuel Quickley— he’s in Karl Towns conversation for good kids
- Drew’s fun Quickley fact and led to us learning about Matt’s system for sending out Christmas greetings
- Tyler Herro— do they like his confidence?
- why Kentucky fans have been waiting for his arrival
- he could be most athletic dude on the team along with Keldon Johnson
- amount of calls to Matt’s show he should play more
40:15 – What do they know about the opponents in the Bahamas?
- easiest and toughest opponents based on their little knowledge
- they work on converting centimeters to inches when studying the team rosters
- Do they expect UK’s team to win all the games in the Bahamas?
- It will be the most chest hair we’ve ever seen Kentucky play
- They expect these to be better teams than the 2014-15 team faced
48:15 – Advice to those traveling to the Bahamas
- Bring some cash $$$
- More crazy stories from the last Bahamas trip:
- Fashion problems the last time they traveled to the Bahamas
- Matt and Drew tell about their crazy adventure leaving a game last trip when the final bus left them behind.
- Drew’s $25 ride home
You can have every podcast delivered straight to your phone by searching for “The Matt Jones Podcast” on iTunes and clicking “subscribe.” If you aren’t an iTunes person, you can also stream every podcast on Podbay or check it out on the Stitcher app.