Matt Elam coming to the Kentucky/Florida game

Image via Barker’s Instgram
barker-elam

UK will have another very important recruit in the stands during Saturday’s game against the Gators. 5-star DT Matt Elam tweeted that he’ll attend the UK/Florida game after visiting for the UK/Louisville game last week. After that game, Elam said he “felt like a president” on his visit to Lexington, a feeling he must have enjoyed so much, he’s coming back for more.

Make yourself at home, big man.

8 Comments for Matt Elam coming to the Kentucky/Florida game

1. Trip advisor
    1:54 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

Tell him to bring his field rushing shoes. You know the ones that have good support, but also you don’t mind to get alittle dirty.

2. BBN_in_Iowa
    2:21 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

I would love to have Elam in BLUE next season, can’t help but think it would drop alot of dominos our way if a kid of his talent level decided to be a part of BBN!!

3. Mike In The Wood
    2:35 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

Glad to see him coming back for more. Would love to have him the field in Blue. Plus our popcorn’s pretty good.

4. Grrr
    2:36 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

Ok, this gets on my nerves. Matt and everyone make fun of Louisville for picking and choosing the recruiting service that gives the highest ranking. They say we have a top 5 class almost, using Rivals Rankings. They say 4-star OL Nick Richardson and 4-star WR Blake Bone taking rivals rankings when Scout has them at 3-stars…..They call Elam a 5-star because he is that in Scout but only a 4-star in Rivals. All I ask is that we don’t do the same thing UofL does….pick one rating system (Rivals does the best when it comes to evaluations) and stick with it. Don’t pick and choose which one to chose for each recruit according to has them ranked highest….That gets on my nerves.

5. MustangCat
    2:39 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

Saw Elam in the local e-town wal-mart yesterday, in Alabama gear! Had on an Alabama golf shirt. That’s his hometown store. Hope it was just soreness from the game fri, but he doesn’t walk very normal!! Hope we get him, but I hope there isn’t issues there?! Wasn’t any “limp”, but looked like he was in pain!?

6. Jackson
    3:28 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

Elam can come sit next to me in the stands. I’ll provide him as much pizza, pop corn, hot dogs, cokes, and pretzels as the big guy can handle. We need him in Blue!!!

7. kelleydog
    6:02 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

I’ve had the chance to watch Elam a couple of times this year. I believe I read where he was ranked as the 10th best player in the nation (all positions). If the two games are any indication, we need to be looking at those 200 lb kids that were having their way with him. And don’t be fooled, it was one on one, no double teaming.

You can’t coach big and I’m sure a college coach will get more out of him but I can’t for the life of me understand why he isn’t trying to dominate, knowing that lots of people are now watching him.

8. Jeffrey
    7:21 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

lol this kid is coming to UK