Matt and Ryan return to KSR (Monday Show Thread)

Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond are back on the KSR airwaves this morning after a two-week summer break. They have a ton of stuff to talk about, so tune in to hear it all.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

19 Comments for Matt and Ryan return to KSR (Monday Show Thread)

• Realme
      10:22 am July 2, 2018 Permalink

Apparently the show thread is still on vacation. 🙁

• runningunnin.454
      10:26 am July 2, 2018 Permalink

Not going on vacation til August 8.

• I think there was a record low number of comments one day last week. I’ve just gotten a lot busier so I’ll probably be a lot more sparse.

I take some vacation time July 16 – 20. 🙂

• ClutchCargo
      10:55 am July 2, 2018 Permalink

Can we get Laura Rutledge in the rotation each year? Maybe put her in place of that PMT nonsense.

• Realme
      10:57 am July 2, 2018 Permalink

I still vote dump all the national people and stay local, but I love that suggestion, Clutch.

1. Realme
    10:41 am July 2, 2018 Permalink

I guess there’s not a lot to talk about when Matt’s catching up on everything we already covered… Glad the show’s back to normal.

• Realme
      10:42 am July 2, 2018 Permalink

Weird how unbalanced the NBA is getting. What team can rise out of the east?

• Realme
      10:54 am July 2, 2018 Permalink

Ok, good time to bring back the Colonels and load it with Wildcats, I guess.

• ky196
      10:57 am July 2, 2018 Permalink

Kinda lost interest in the NBA because of Golden State and, like the NFL, players decided to make it about politics. They get paid a bunch of money to play a game they love, which costs us, the fans, more for the products that are advertised by the games being played, then they want us to listen to their political nonsense and still watch their games! At least that hasn’t happened to college sprorts, yet!

• I’m not one to say “Shut up and just act” or “Shut up and play” when it comes to celebrities speaking out. However, I do think there is a ton of hubris on their part (many of them anyway) that they think their opinion is more important than mine because they have a microphone.

There was a Blake Shelton Pizza Hut commercial where they parodied that and he said something like “I’m telling you it’s true, and I’m a celebrity”. I couldn’t find the video.

• Realme
      11:21 am July 2, 2018 Permalink

I respect a famous person’s right to express themselves about whatever. What I don’t like is when they come across like they’re trying to tell me how I’m allowed to think.

• runningunnin.454
      11:25 am July 2, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, I don’t like the Hollywood elite condescending attitude that their opinion is the correct one, and the rabelaisian common folk are ignorant.
      So I’ll say it,
      “Shut up and just act”.

• ky196
      11:30 am July 2, 2018 Permalink

Chris, I’m with you. I don’t have a problem with them speaking their mind, this is America, I’m upset that they think their opinion matters more than mine! Yes they have a microphone, and a lot of people hear it, that doesn’t make it the law of the land, and unfortunately, that is their problem! They, not all of them, think that because they have a stage, they are entitled to empress their views on their patrons as though they are the only view! I don’t agree with everyone, heck, I’ve had my fair share of heated debates with my best friends, doesn’t mean I’m right or wrong. This is what debate is all about. After the debate, there is something, this is a novel idea in todays climate, called compromise! Agree there are different points of view and come to a mutual understanding.

2. Realme
    10:56 am July 2, 2018 Permalink

Our seating will be lower than Louisville. Our attendance will not.

• ClutchCargo
      10:59 am July 2, 2018 Permalink

True. Honestly, I never really cared much about having the largest arena. It’s the kind of thing insecure fan bases like UofL’s worry about.

• runningunnin.454
      12:02 pm July 2, 2018 Permalink

Agree; Duke’s arena holds just over 9,000, and Nova’s just over 6,000. The quality of the basketball is most important.
      UL will probably have a bunch of empty seats this year.

3. Realme
    11:20 am July 2, 2018 Permalink

I don’t remember a controversy where people were angry about Karl’s presence in the body issue. You can find people mad on Facebook about absolutely anything. Doesn’t make it a controversy.

4. Rondo2Davis