Matt and Ryan are in Hopkinsville for Stop No. 20 (Thursday Show Thread)

The #KSRTour rolled into Hopkinsville, Ky. this morning for two hours of radio goodness. Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond parked the caravan at Holiday Inn for today’s live broadcast of the show. That’s 2910 Fort Campbell Boulevard for those of you planning to stop by.

Listeners in attendance may walk away with two tickets to a UK basketball next season or a spot in the drawing for the trip to the Bahamas. At the very least they’ll get to meet Ryan.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WKYH (600am): Paintsville
WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WBTH (1400am): Williamson

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WPAD (1560am): Paducah, 11-1pm
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City, 2-4pm

Article written by Drew Franklin

56 Comments for Matt and Ryan are in Hopkinsville for Stop No. 20 (Thursday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:54 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Of course Louisville practices at 4:20… We had 2 girls from Kentucky in the Jeopardy Teen Tournament, but it looks like both will not make it to the next round.

• Yankee
      10:07 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

How does someone from Kentucky make it on to Jeopardy? I didn’t think you had schools in Kentucky.

• DrSayre
      10:14 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

We’ve actually had several kids make it on to Jeopardy over the past several years

• Yankee
      10:30 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Wow. Who would have thought? The next thing you’ll tell me is that Kentucky has dentists, too.

• Moose
      11:41 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Yankee, shouldn’t you be busy greasing up your hair and practicing your fist pumping?

2. Ferrels
    9:57 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

**eat my burgerzzzz..they are gooods…

3. UK_JB
    9:58 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Did the Lexington ratings come in?

I wonder how many times has Shannon played the clip where Jamie says hello to him? 😉

4. Delk for 3
    10:10 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Yeah, I don’t think Hopkinsville has produced more basketball players than Louisville. Maybe more per capita, but certainly not more overall. That’s silly to say.

• chardun
      11:22 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

He said per capita, I think you missed that part.

5. Census cat
    10:11 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Missed a great photo op. While at Sam’s in Clarksville, IN I noticed a couple of typical UL fans. Line beards and flat bills all over the place but the greatest thing was that one of them had a home monitoring ankle bracelet on and seems to be pround of it.

6. Jeremy Spalding
    10:13 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Can we play “Let the bodies hit the floor” between each down after a huge hit.http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sO_QntXc-c4

7. jay
    10:16 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Matt and Ryan are the best thing to happen to a Holiday Inn since the sugar hill gang. No tell, motel, Holiday Inn

8. Randall
    10:22 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

I am the guy in the front row with glasses. Matt I think I could beat you in a game one on one basketball ;).

9. bleedblueky
    10:26 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Morning Matt – My advice if you don’t mind – Start using stairs if possible to keep you in shape and that’s what I’ve been doing all my life 🙂

10. therealbigjon
    10:30 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Rob should get on the list he said Ryan would get it wrong. Sounded like Matt said he wouldn’t get on the list.

11. RandyB
    10:39 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Matt – Can you do something about the echo with the callers on the phone?

12. Dusty380
    10:42 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

“I honor my commitments”……….even Pitino chuckles……..

13. Dubbya
    10:44 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

I know people will disagree with this, but they should never play a country song in Commonwealth Stadium, and ALL the music should be chosen by the players. Are you there to watch a football game or to listen to the music over the PA system?

• realme
      10:49 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

I totally agree with you. None of the bracket songs are things I would listen to on purpose, but I would be selfish to say they should be playing my music at the stadium instead.

• Huh
      10:53 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Don’t tell the rednecks in the fanbase.. .Oh wait, they can’t afford tickets anyway.

• Moose
      11:43 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Lots of rednecks have money. Some people need to update their stereotyping, those lines are old and inaccurate.

• Honest
      11:46 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

We need to keep the rednecks in the hills. Someone has to dig our coal and do the grunt work.

14. Huh
    10:44 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Why is the show thread so dead lately?

• realme
      10:50 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Because the only time the guys use it out on tour is when they are using the ticket contest to jam it with website hits.

• Billy Hill
      12:26 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

And because everyone knows that UK football sucks. We’re only waiting until basketball season.

15. Ira D. Combs
    10:48 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Matt ,

Your train of thought on the possible UK – Cincy future football game may be a little off as to where game will be played .

I was up in Cincy earlier this year and Tommy Tuberville coming on board has brought some new money into the program and the administration has broke ground on a big renovation project of their football stadium which involves more seats and luxury box type suties . I’m pretty sure the capacity will be up somewhere around 50,000 which would put it in the Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium range .

Also , don’t forget the last UK game in Paul Brown Stadium with Miami of Ohio didn’t draw as well as everyone thought it would …………… but you still may be right in your thoughts with Stoops touching the area with recruiting so much ……….. will be very interesting to me to see if and where game will be played .

16. TruBlu
    11:00 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

(UK embarrassing event) I had a funny thing happen to me. I went to UK Basketball camp when Rick was coaching (W/ Donavon) and there was a kid who I was guarding in a pickup game before the camp started, and he kept running his mouth. Well I kept playing minded my own bus. and he went up for a jumper well I jumped and swatted it out of bounds and started to run my mouth, telling this kid to get that …. out of here. Well I happen to look up and Rick happen to catch the ball of which I swatted, and come to find out, the kid I swatted is none other than a RICHARD PITINO. Reason I found this out was, Rick walked over and handed me the ball and said, take it easy on my son and walked off. At the time I was embarrassed, but had I known then what I know now, I might have had a few more things to say. LOLOL ANyway, that’s my embarrassing UK moment. not that anyone cared to read it.

17. Russ
    11:01 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

guys…many may know what time you broadcast comes on, but I only dial in a podcast, so I don’t know when you will be in a particular city…and I live in Hopkinsville and would love to come, but I would have to have known the time to take off from work ;-(

• The Consensus
      11:09 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

No one cares..

18. realme
    11:12 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Anyone know where I could get some good crack in Lex?

• realme
      11:14 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Is it finally my turn to be trolled? How fun.

• realme
      11:17 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

You taking up for calling those girls groupies was pretty lame. I have 3 daughters and I would disown them for acting that way.

• realme
      11:20 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Crack comment was much better.

• Moose
      11:44 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

You’ll need to go to Louisville for crack,

• Billy Hill
      12:28 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

That’s right, you’ll need to go to Louisville for crack. Lexington has meth, or hillbilly heroin, as it’s called.

19. Delk for 3
    11:20 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Disown them for going to a AAU basketball tournament?

• realme
      11:20 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

You have a problem with that?

• Delk for 3
      11:24 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Oh, that’s not you.

20. Linda Taylor
    11:22 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

I’m back everyone!

21. realme
    11:25 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

You guys are a day behind on the song thing.

22. Alec
    11:27 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Yea Matt makes sense, play three seconds of a second, make fun of it, then tell people which one they like better.

23. Rich Brooks
    11:32 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Matt, we were not horrible the season we played Miami (OH) in Paul Brown Stadium. We beat both UGA and Auburn on the road that season and had we beaten UT in the final regular season game, we would have finished 2nd in the East. I don’t understand why you throw out definitive statements when you don’t know the facts. We did make a bowl that season. I wouldn’t call that horrible. Would you?

24. Ole D-White
    11:32 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Matt I’d absolutely live it if we played Chokinati here in Ohio! UC fans HATE UK with a passion. I guarantee there’d be as many if not more UK fans in the stands as UC fans. Don’t forget, there is a very strong UK following from Dayton to Cincy!

25. Micki DeMoss's Mustache
    11:32 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Drew needs to do a post of the iPod playlists for various UK and UofL sports and media personalities. I can only imagine Joanne Pitino’s…”If You’re Gonna Cheat on Me, Don’t Cheat in Our Hometown”

26. Mike
    11:33 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

We did beat Auburn and Georgia the year we played Miami OH at Paul Brown. Lost to Clemson in the bowl game

27. Big Blue Smurf
    11:37 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Another song with Holiday Inn in the lyrics is Rapper’s Delight by the Sugar Hill Gang. Now that is some old school rap.

28. Ray in Paducah
    11:39 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

(UK embarrassing moment)
    In 2001 or 2002 I was driving home from class one day and happened to be on that street between memorial and the basketball dorms. Everything seemed fine, I was driving the speed limit, when out of nowhere Keith Bogans ran right out in front of me and I had to slam on my breaks to avoid hitting him with a Jeep. Come to think of it, they should close that road.

29. Matthew
    11:41 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

is it “poem” or “poym”

30. FernDD
    11:42 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

What about Shel Silverstein ya DOUG

31. the Underfaker
    11:43 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Does anyone think that the woman named Rachel who just called in is also the woman Sarah who called in and both are the same as the woman who calls in hoping to get married for the Bahamas? Also, they both guessed wrong about Ryan’s answer. I’m convinced!

32. Slash Slash
    11:46 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Is your football team going to make it to 3 wins this year?

33. Moose
    11:47 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Anyone want to run train on my wife?

34. Tinsley
    11:49 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

they didn’t talk about UNC being a rival 🙁

35. BigBlueMan
    11:52 am July 24, 2014 Permalink

Missed ‘Cheeseburger in Paradise’, but that’s not very ‘Holiday Inn complimentary’…

36. jeff j
    4:02 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

we need a affiliate from the north pole. take this thing beyond global ………….. GO CATS