Marques Bolden will NOT Announce Tomorrow

USATSI_9213675_154849602_lowres

We interrupt the Spring Game for your daily dose of Marques Bolden news.  Things have taken yet another unsuspected turn.

After Rivals reported last night that Bolden will announce tomorrow on his 18th birthday, Melvin Bolden (Marques’ father) tells Adam Zagoria that he will NOT choose his college tomorrow.

We thought the wait was finally over.  We thought wrong.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

22 Comments for Marques Bolden will NOT Announce Tomorrow

1. lmdxn
    12:59 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

I’d love to see him in Kentucky blue but the longer this drags out the more and more he looks like a diva. I wonder if he’s as torn about his decision as he is happy with all the attention he’s getting right now.

• runningunnin.454
      1:23 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

Maybe he should just go somewhere, anywhere, and get away from his parents. Possible they’re the ones loving the attention.

• runningunnin.454
      1:26 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

What if his parents are like Yogi Ferrell’s mother? I don’t think Cal needs the headaches.

• Suffering Fools
      7:19 am April 17, 2016 Permalink

People thought that about Jamal Murray until he took off that cape.

2. hartlines left arm
    12:59 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

Yawn

3. thelexcat
    1:10 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

Let’s give the kid a break. He’s got a great opportunity in front of him and whatever choice he decides will be a good choice for him. However from my perspective, I like our team that we have Bolden or no Bolden. Suppose it’s best for my sanity to go on about my business and see if Bolden is announced at BBM.

4. vegascatfan
    1:18 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

Honestly, I think he has a low motor and is over-hyped. I like the Allen kid bette. If the NBA’s trends are any indication, the days of a traditional 5 are over unless the name on the back of the jersey is Davis, Cousins or Towns.

• Bobbum Man
      2:14 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

Everyone still uses a traditional 5 for the most part, two of the three u named are traditional fives. Even the Warriors and their small ball stil start bogut, a traditional 5

5. CB3UK
    1:26 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

UK is the only SEC school who wouldn’t bat an eye at interrupting the spring game to break news that a basketball recruit is not going to make their college decision on an expected date. Who gives a flip. He’ll decide when he decides. Meanwhile, stick to the damn football game. My goodness.

• ukbradstith
      1:42 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

It is possible to cover two things at once. Some people just don’t care that much about football, and some people don’t care that much about bball, so to answer your question, I give a flip.

• CB3UK
      2:53 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

You’ll note I didn’t use a question mark. That denotes that it was a rhetorical statement, not a question. So you’ll hopefully gather from that I don’t care if you give a flip.

6. Ukfan1010
    1:38 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

I’d rather get Jarrett Allen. Bolden seems like an attention horder and that doesn’t seem like he’d fit in at Kentucky. Plus Allen seems to be ranked higher. By saying I’m going to announce by whatever day means he probably has his mind made up. He’s just dragging it out to get as much attention as he can. He’s literally a college kid and it won’t make any impact on anyone besides himself and his family where he goes. So really just say it. You’re not that big of a deal.. Trust me. There’s much more important things in the world than where Marques Bolden is going to college.

• ukbradstith
      1:44 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

He doesn’t have a set day, so he hasn’t made up his mind most likely. If you’ve seen the interviews, you get the sense that he truly doesn’t know what to do. I don’t think he just wants attention.

7. WillB
    2:06 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

I do think Duke ultimately gets him because UK frontcourt has so many bodies that “could” play with Gabriel, humphries, tai, bam, lee, Willis and SKJ, but I also think that if he really wanted to go to Duke he would have committed by now. You would think he’s got to be waiting on something, maybe to see if lee stays in the draft? I hope that’s it otherwise it just looks like he loves the attention of people pining over him. But really waiting on lee is the only excuse for him to still be “undecided” at this point, he’s been to the schools, he’s talked with the coaches, he’s knows what the rosters are going to look like, except for Marcus Lees plan, though I fully expect him to return to UK for his senior season and I’m totally fine with that, I like Marcus Lee beyond the dunks, he’s a great representative for UK.

8. WillB
    2:08 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

I do think Duke ultimately gets him because UK frontcourt has so many bodies that “could” play with Gabriel, humphries, tai, bam, lee, Willis and SKJ, but I also think that if he really wanted to go to Duke he would have committed by now. You would think he’s got to be waiting on something, maybe to see if lee stays in the draft? I hope that’s it otherwise it just looks like he loves the attention of people pining over him. But really waiting on lee is the only excuse for him to still be “undecided” at this point. He’s been to the schools, he’s talked with the coaches, he’s knows what the rosters are going to look like, except for Marcus Lees plan, though I fully expect him to return to UK for his senior season and I’m totally fine with that, I like Marcus Lee beyond the dunks, he’s a great representative for UK.

9. Loother
    4:30 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

My sources still say Dook…

10. The analogist
    5:19 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

What a bullcrap move to pull.

11. swaggycalrules2016
    5:34 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

My crazy prediction he goes to tcu. Seriously i agree with drew franklin. he goes to duke

12. Bobbum Man
    6:36 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

I love how everyone assumes hes some attention seeker just drawing it out for no other reason than getting more attention. Maybe he just doesnt really know? maybe its the biggest decision of his life and wants to take his time and make sure he picks the right one. Maybe hes wanting one thing but is being pressured by his parents to do another. You guys are crazy, give the kid a break.

13. Catlogic15
    6:58 pm April 16, 2016 Permalink

His momma and daddy probably wanted a time slot on ESPN, and none were available for Sunday.
    This feels like Duke, and to agree with others, he just looks Duke.
    Allen is the wild card. You’d think if he was going to Texas, he’d announce already. Can’t imagine Cal turning him down waiting on Bolden. Makes no sense.