Marques Bolden Social Media Update: 12 p.m.

ryhfu.0.0

Leading up to every major recruiting decision, fans search for every kernel of scoop possible. In the social media age, that means stalking the kid on Twitter. If you believe in reading the tweet leaves, there has been some momentum heading in UK’s direction on Twitter this week. Last night, the official @KentuckyMBB account followed Bolden, and this morning, we discovered that Bolden just followed Brad Calipari:

@AvonJBRauhls

Given the shroud of silence surrounding this recruitment, it’s hard to tell how much we should read into this, but it’s definitely not a bad sign for Kentucky that Bolden is now following Calipari’s son, who could be his teammate next season. Also on Bolden’s recent follows: @madameBrittney, a future member of the UK class of 2020, who will be headed to UK in the fall. Hmm…

Yes, Twitter stalking is creepy and a bit shameful, but take solace in the fact that we’re all doing it right now. Even Wenyen Gabriel:

26.5 hours…

29 Comments for Marques Bolden Social Media Update: 12 p.m.

1. AllBlueAllDay
    12:10 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

I’m trying not to get too excited about Twitter feed, but it’s definitely more positive as compared to him following duke people.

2. trujustin
    12:14 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

Can we stop jock riding this kid? I want him to come to UK as much as anyone, but this is a bit much.

3. onsides
    12:18 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

Cal signing Bolden would be a great way to conclude his upcoming 30 for 30. Haha go cats

4. Larry Pratt
    12:21 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

Vegas should start giving odds as to what date he will postpone his announcement.

5. Wildfelinebeeline
    12:26 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

I heard from my third wife’s second cousin’s brother’s sister’s husband’s dog who sniffs Bolden’s dog’s hind end that his momma told him the only way he was picking UK was if he waited until tomorrow so that he could go ahead a graduate and pack his bags and get out so she wouldn’t have to have a UK player living in her house!

6. kwiseman33
    12:28 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

He also follows John Calipari and several Duke related twitter accounts. Move on people, nothing to see here.

7. PretendRyanLemond
    12:35 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

Suck it, Duke! So happy Cal forced Matthews out to make room for a big upgrade (albeit at a different position).

• J-Dub421
      12:40 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

“According to our source, Matthews wants the opportunity to be more of a scorer rather than the energy guy Calipari and staff saw him as. To be clear, we’re hearing that Calipari did want Matthews to return for his sophomore season.”

Way to just make stuff up dude.

• Larry Pratt
      12:43 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

Lol

• cats paw
      1:51 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

Jdub is too slow to see the humor in the guys post…she’s just trying to remain the resident bully against other UK fans that dont slobber as deep as herself!

• J-Dub421
      2:05 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

Find ANY actual evidence that Matthews was forced out. I’ll wait…

• J-Dub421
      2:23 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

• Bluebloodtoo
      2:31 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

Since we are making stuff up and not considering facts, I think Charles matthews must be leaving because Brad Calipari is joining the team. They didn’t have enough scholarships for Brad Calipari, so they had to push out Mathews. Oh wait, Brad isn’t on scholarship.

8. Sentient Third Eye
    12:50 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

I have to say, if I was a kid leaning toward a school, but their nationally prominent news site stalked my tweets like this, it would scare me away and drive me to select team # 2. Of course, there’s probably a creepy guy at a Duke site doing the same thing right now, too.

It’s only 24 hours or so until the announcement. The easy and non-disturbing thing to do is to just wait and see.

Remember, Millenials: Developing patience is so easy. To get some, all you have to do is wait.

• Mathlete
      1:11 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

As someone who had to learn instead of being gifted with it, developing your patience is easier said than done.

• CW
      2:06 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

Yes yes, we get it. Us millennials are “ruining the country”. Older generations remain fixated on how awful young people are today. The irony is you’re commenting on a post describing how a millennial was patient in making the biggest decision of his life.

In other news, I’m feeling pretty good about Bolden. Would be surprising to me if he waited this long to pick Duke.

• Sentient Third Eye
      2:56 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

You do make a good point, CW. A lot of people, not just millennials, could learn from Marques Bolden’s example! He apparently knows that quality decisions are like anything else in life: if you don’t take your time, your results will be utterly worthless, or as the REAL old-timers used to say, “haste makes waste”.

Whichever school Bolden ends up at, he’ll most probably be right where he belongs because he put a lot of time into it and made a well-thought decision. Hopefully that will be UK, but even if he chooses Duke, I know this kid will probably still be fine.

9. CatManDo
    12:55 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

He also follows LeBron James, maybe he is going to Cleveland?

10. Bluebloodtoo
    1:01 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, I’m gonna have to go with the creepy sentiment. I’ll be happy to see him put on some UK blue, but this might be a little too far.

11. Smyrna_Cat
    1:10 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

creepy indeed.

12. Capurnicus
    1:33 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

So with Matthews leaving, do we seek out another guard if Lee and/or Brisco don’t return?

We have Fox, Monk, Brisco (maybe), Hawk, and Mulder.

Provided we don’t lose Brisco, I kind of hope we recruit derryck thornton.

13. Larry Pratt
    1:55 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

I think creepy would be KSR sending a guy to his high school. Oh, wait….

14. zod
    3:17 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

I was just reading my tea leaves and saw a horse. Does that mean the Bluegrass or SMU? Wait a minute, it looks more like a dragon. Does Westeros have a D1 university?

15. VulcanEar
    3:37 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

Honestly, I’ve creeped myself out over this. I realized last week that I’ve searched “Marques Bolden” about every other day on Google. I’m a 30+ year old man that has a good life, yet I’m obsessing over what an 18 year old kid is going to do. So, yeah, I’ll be glad after tomorrow whatever the decision. Still, I hate to think I did all this creepy constant research for nothing (he’s picking UK).

16. RealCatsFan
    5:14 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

I have not been stalking his Twitter account or constantly Googling his name, but I am on here commenting about his decision, and if he picks UK, it will probably make my mood much better than some would argue it should. 😉 Guess that makes me a crazy UK fan!

17. UKunts
    6:27 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

Oh this is hilarious , coach k is the scum of the earth, he’s a terrible person , he lied to Thornton, and now …… Matthews can’t shoot , he didn’t live up to expectations , has nothing to do with bolden. Come on down mr bolden……. Gotta love it . It’s always ok when your school does it.
    Just for the record , thorntons transfer had absolutely nothing to do with bolden.

• Megan
      3:07 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

Is that you, rtilley24? If you had any evidence that Calipari recruited Matthews by lying to him and then didn’t play him the way he said he would, you might have an equivalence. You know, the way Coach K lies about things, gets caught in the lie, then makes a half-assed apology (that’s the way Samuel L. Jackson described K’s “reacted incorrectly” language following the Dillon Brooks affair).

If you had that, there might be a similarity between the two transfers. But you got nothing. You’re just butt-hurt because your coach is losing to Calipari on the issue of character. Ouch, that’s gotta sting.

18. BigBlueToo