Marques Bolden “definitely close” in college decision

@BradBallisLife

@BradBallisLife

@BradBallisLife

Marques Bolden, a late-addition to the Ball Is Life All-American game last night, gave a slight update regarding his college decision. Bolden is currently still between Kentucky and Duke and was originally set to announce before April 17th. With that date being far surpassed, the entire world of college sports has their eyes on the #1 ranked center in the 2016 class.

“I’m definitely close,” Bolden said in a brief interview during the game. “I’m making a decision real soon.”

While “real soon” certainly isn’t a definitive date, it is the most information we’ve heard from Bolden himself in quite some time. He noted what factors will be most important in making his decision.

“Really, just the relationships I have with the coaches and how comfortable I feel at their university.”

We told you on Friday that three Duke reporters from the 247 sports site changed their prediction from Duke to UK. Well they changed their predictions again, so Bolden’s crystal ball now goes to 59% in Duke’s favor. We’ll keep you posted for the latest updates on Bolden’s decision.

[247 Sports: Marques Bolden “definitely close” to a decision]

Article written by Kelsey Mattingly

Drew Franklin is my spirit animal. @kelseyKSR

19 Comments for Marques Bolden “definitely close” in college decision

1. LdyWldKat
    11:43 am May 1, 2016 Permalink

HOW CLOSE IS HE? (Old school reply from Match Game)

• Megan
      4:54 pm May 1, 2016 Permalink

Match Game and the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.

He’s so close …

2. Cmart0907
    11:46 am May 1, 2016 Permalink

I really don’t comment on articles. But , this is getting absurd!! If he can’t pick between us or Duke go to Duke. We really don’t need him. It will be great to have him , but we don’t need him.

• UK Big Board Update
      12:03 pm May 1, 2016 Permalink

HAHAHAHAHAHAA! Here he is, ladies and gentlemen. “That Guy”.

New Albany, IN, huh?

• Musehobo
      12:55 pm May 1, 2016 Permalink

There’s always a handful of people like you. You feel that a player making what could end up being the most important decision in their life (and in your opinion, taking too long to do it) is somehow jerking you, personally, around. So therefore he should just go to the other school cause you’re sick of his “ego” or whatever. When you say stupid stuff like that, the only person who comes across as childish, flippant, and hypocritical is you.

• kenny
      2:07 pm May 1, 2016 Permalink

Rational fan here, UK should win every championship, every player should want to go to UK. They shouldn’t even think about other programs. staying 4 years instead of going on to pursue their dream is a no brainer too, it’s UK for gods sake, so what if you are a lottery pick, and don’t get me started about this terrible past 7 seasons, only 4 final fours, and 1 championship. ” What a time to be alive ” , not so much for us poor UK fans.

3. LdyWldKat
    11:52 am May 1, 2016 Permalink

Oh yeah that will help… Sometimes all we can do is shake our heads and hope our recruits or players don’t read this.

4. Ridge Runner
    12:10 pm May 1, 2016 Permalink

Hope he never is approaching a railroad crossing with blinking lights 🙂

5. MattRice
    12:13 pm May 1, 2016 Permalink

I like how that Adam Rowe guy on 247 just gave up and was like, any blue devils will do. He put Bolden as going to the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils, lol.

6. Mc12
    12:17 pm May 1, 2016 Permalink

I just switched my pick back to UK.

7. luvmycats15
    12:53 pm May 1, 2016 Permalink

Why don’t those people just STOP trying to guess who he will choose??? They r only making things worse by irritating the hell out of us all!

8. IllinoizBoy
    12:59 pm May 1, 2016 Permalink

I wouldn’t read into the Crystal Ball picks. My guess is they have no clue and decided they might as well stick with their fan base

• Megan
      4:57 pm May 1, 2016 Permalink

Do you suppose that’s why they changed their picks back to Duke? Because they took a lot of heat for picking Kentucky? Unfortunately, it begs the question why they all changed their votes to Kentucky on Friday.

9. bigfatstoopidE
    1:12 pm May 1, 2016 Permalink

I have no inside info, but I think before people blast the kid for taking a while to decide, I think it’s fairly safe to assume that he’s being asked about the decision CONSTANTLY. And when he’s asked, the person asking comes away and fires off a blog post or tweet saying he still hasn’t decided. Not necessarily the case that Bolden is an indecisive prima donna.

But of course if he chooses Duke he’s a slimy, whining, flopping, opponent-tripping, trust-fund baby and we didn’t need him anyway.

• mlw333
      2:52 pm May 1, 2016 Permalink

No one is really blasting him. But wherever he goes it’s more than likely he’ll be there just one year. Will he be able to come to a decision before the fall semester ? Or maybe he can’t handle the pressure sort of like Wiggins a couple years back.

10. Larry Pratt
    2:01 pm May 1, 2016 Permalink

I’m all for everyone just giving the poor kid some space. Not everyone handles decision making well. And it’s the biggest decision of his life. He’s friends with kids on both teams. It must be very difficult. He has time, why not use it? Babies aren’t dying because he hasn’t picked a school yet. Geez.

11. WeareBBN
    2:05 pm May 1, 2016 Permalink

reality says he is waiting for the highest bidder, we all know this happens everywhere all the time. Show me the money and I decide.

• Charleston Cat
      4:23 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

Wow. Thats the most idiotic thing I’ve read on here. You should change your name. “WeareBBN” doesn’t speak for us.

12. KevinM
    9:11 pm May 1, 2016 Permalink

I choose UK until Bolden tells me I’m wrong.