Marlana Vanhoose’s national anthem was incredible, per usual

@ukphotogs | UK Athletics

I made a big life step last night, everyone. For the first time in as many as 50 tries, I made it through a Marlana Vanhoose national anthem without one tear. I wanted to though. She is the best.

Marlana also sang with Montgomery Gentry at the tailgate concert. Our friend Michael Huang has a great video of them singing “My Town”:

Marlana VanHoose and Montgomery Gentry before the UK-Auburn game.

Posted by Dr. Michael Huang Photography on Thursday, October 15, 2015

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for Marlana Vanhoose’s national anthem was incredible, per usual

1. memphis
    11:36 am October 16, 2015 Permalink

She did an amazing job but looking at that first picture, how is it that Auburn got so many fans in there? Was their ticket allotment really that high?

2. Pfife
    12:48 pm October 16, 2015 Permalink

I think they just bought up the unsold tickets which explains why the game sold out so fast. It looked like they had half of the upper level on that side in the pic. Strangely they didn’t seem that loud.

3. Harry Clarke
    2:25 pm October 16, 2015 Permalink

Let’s hear it for the band…they brought it last night!

4. LeitchfieldAlex
    4:27 pm October 16, 2015 Permalink

Just pure Awesome !!!!!!! nuff said

5. ezwave
    9:49 pm October 16, 2015 Permalink

She was great, but the so called new sound system SUCKS! Standing in the west end zone and there is a horrible delay, echo. Almost nothing said during the game can be understood. All those people in the east end zone being introduced, no idea who any of them are or what they did. I had a person sending me texts so I could know what was being said during the game.

6. Lexington Resident
    12:15 am October 17, 2015 Permalink

I could hear her fine at the 10 yard line under the press box. She nailed it! I had goosebumps along with the tear drops. It was a struggle, but I did the best I could with hiding the tears before anyone around me saw with the tears.
    I have to admire Montgomery & Gentry with inviting her along to sing with them on stage. They rock!
    It obviously was great fun for everyone.