Markelle Fultz on his official to Louisville today

Markelle Fultz is in Kentucky today but not to check out the Wildcats basketball program. No, he is on Louisville’s campus for his official visit to the school.

The five-star guard, who once called UK his “dream school,” seems to be trending away from Kentucky after receiving his offer last month. UK is still high on his list, but it’s not the lock that several recruiting analysts once believed.

In fact, Fultz’s mentor, Keith Williams, told 247Sports he believes UofL and Arizona are the leaders. Fultz will visit Arizona early next week and Williams wouldn’t be surprised to hear a decision soon after.

Fultz has not made plans for an official visit to Lexington, but he’s still in constant contact with the staff.

Article written by Drew Franklin

24 Comments for Markelle Fultz on his official to Louisville today

1. Roddy Pipper
    11:15 am August 5, 2015 Permalink

Stinks, but not surprising. The kid is from DC and the guy that runs the Maryland 247 site switched his pick to uofl. He said Kenny Johnson is the reason. I think he has strong recruiting ties in that area because he used to run DC Assault.

2. RandyB
    11:48 am August 5, 2015 Permalink

Saw him play recently. Even though he wound up with a good stat line, I wasn’t really impressed.
    By contrast, Rawle Alkins did impress.

3. Larry Clapinski
    11:51 am August 5, 2015 Permalink

He will be a good role player by his junior year if he works hard

4. Ulis Dripping Dimes
    12:12 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

Zona board thinks he will announce for the tards within a few days. Zona has multiple 5 stars at his spot and the tards have a 5th year pg that will be gone after this season.

5. Ulis Dropping Dimes
    12:14 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

Lol, spelled screen name wrong. Stupid phone.

6. Kyblue34
    12:30 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

UofL can have him as he is pretty low on the list of guards that I want, and had him pegged more as a role player off the bench. Fultz has dramatically improved his ranking this summer and has put up good stats, but taking a closer look shows that he is a gun that takes a lot of shots, and has a poor shooting percentage (40%s) and very poor three point shooting percentage (20%s). He will struggle initially in Pitino’s offense. Would much rather have Fox, Monk, and Alkins!

7. CardFan502
    1:10 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

Even Louisville fans know he going to YewKay…

8. we will see
    1:31 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

If we don’t get him it is likely that Cal backed off him but if he goes to UL they will brag about out recruiting us. We will have a bunch of freshmen go to the NBA, they won’t and they will say our guys would have gone no matter where they went to school and that even though Fultz called UK his dream school, he is really all L1C4 and always liked UL better. He decided not to go the easy route at UK where they just roll the balls out and instead get the superior development from Rick and put in the hard work required only there.

9. J-Dub421
    1:39 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

U of L is where 5-stars careers’ go to die. Has any coach done as poorly with 5-stars as Pitino has?

• The Twins
      1:47 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

You got that right mullet

• Dude
      1:54 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

She did get it right, Tard.

Josh Harrellson and Deandre Liggins say hello. 😀

• Dude
      1:55 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

When you all can start beating us, then talk shit. It’s 1-7. Ridiculous.

• Poythresss
      2:02 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

Amen JDub. Was projected top 10 out of HS and now look at me. Although, I’d have to take a pay cut to go to the NBA

• J-Dub421
      2:22 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

Wayne Blackshear – 5 star McDonald’s All American, Mr. Basketball over Anthony Davis – undrafted and not even signed as a free agent.

Peyton Siva – 5 star McDonald’s All American, Mr. Basketball in Washington, drafted very late in the second round – currently in the D-League.

Chane Behanen – 5 star McDonald’s All American – undrafted, playing in the D-League.

Samardo Samuels – 5 star McDonald’s All American – undrafted, playing in Europe.

Poythress (2 s’s not 3) was injured last year and is still in school, let’s wait and see how he does this season before we write him off.

Aaron Harrison is the first and only 5 star to go undrafted under Calipari at UK, and he got picked up by Charlotte and is currently on their roster.

UK had more players in the NBA All-Star game last season than U of L had in the entirety of the NBA.

• Dude
      2:29 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

LOL at the Louisville fans that still use the “Cal pays players” argument.

10. Poythress
    2:27 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

And yet I’m still better than Chane Behanon and Samardo Samuels.

11. secrick
    2:33 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

You tell m j-dub

12. J-Dub421
    2:41 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

I take my dong out and pull on it as hard as I can any time someone says something about my Cats. Besides momma, my singlewide and my pickup they are all I got.

• J-Dub421
      2:45 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

I’m a girl, so you’re both a troll, and wrong.

• CatsBy80
      2:50 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

a girl that knows this much about UK basketball? I think I may be in love…

• J-Dub421
      2:51 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

Just to clarify, I’m a chick with a [email protected]

• Dude
      2:51 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

The trolls have resorted to childish name calling and insults, because the argument is lost. LOL You really struck a nerve with the haters. Good work, J-Dub.

• Dude
      2:53 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

Its obvious we are dealing with middle-school age children, judging by the comments.

• J-Dub421