Mark Stoops on KSR today (Thursday Show Thread)

We have a special edition of KSR for you today with special guest Mark Stoops in the house to talk UK football. Stoops will look back at the win at Louisville and the entire season while previewing the month ahead before his first bowl game.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

29 Comments for Mark Stoops on KSR today (Thursday Show Thread)

1. RealCatsFan
    10:28 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

Why all the talk about plane crashes? Is this related to the crash in South America?

2. dinghram
    10:29 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

They don’t have hot tubs they have pools.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:29 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

It’s also rude to get married on the same day as a UK basketball or football game.

4. J-Dub421
    10:30 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

A couple of friends of mine got married on New Year’s Eve a few years ago, in freaking Kansas of all places. (The bride is from there, but they both lived in Kentucky at that point.) For the record, never go to Kansas City, it sucks.

• They have good BBQ. 🙂

• J-Dub421
      10:55 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

I was only there for about a day and a half, and did not get any BBQ while there. I did however, have possibly the worst meal of my life at some mexican restaurant.

• ukjaybrat
      11:25 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

well that was your first mistake. mexican food in kansas !?!? eww

• J-Dub421
      11:35 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

It didn’t make us sick or anything, the food was simply terrible. The salsa was watery and bland and tasted more like marinara than salsa. And how do you mess up a quesadilla??? They’re so easy to make I literally taught myself to make them without a recipe!

5. runningunnin.454
    10:31 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

Surviving a 5-6 mile jump from a plane would be very rare. There is no breathable oxygen at that altitude; hypoxia will immediately occur. Disorientation in a 120 mph descent would be immediate.
    Loss of consciousness would be very quick.
    Can’t happen without proper gear and extensive training.

6. BlueDew
    10:42 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

Nashville has wore out their hospitality. Called last week and motel rooms near the stadium was between $350 a $500 a night and there was a two night minimum, no refund. Tired of injecting money into their economy and feel like we are being gouged. Same thing for SEC tourney. Glad we are going to another city further south. Charlotte would have been a great venue also. Booked a room in Charlotte are, at Hilton Garden Inn, $112 a night. Of course I might have to canceal the room and plan for Jacksonville. Goodbye Nashville.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:52 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

Not impressed with NC and Indiana….UCLA will be more of a threat with their 3 pt shooting.
    Have to guard the 3 line.

8. Why can they not call the J’ville bowl the “Taxslayer Gator Bowl”? I grew up when there were not 50 bowl games (although there were a good number…even then you could be 6-5 and go to the Bluebonnet or the Peach), and it would be nice if these old games could keep the old name as PART of the name. Heck, even the Sugar Bowl is the “Allstate SUGAR Bowl”, not just the Allstate Bowl, and the Orange Bowl is the Capitol One Orange Bowl.

Please, no “Move along Grandpa” replies. 😉

• runningunnin.454
      10:55 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

Agree with you…..too much commercialism.

• I have no problem with the marketing aspect (after all, bowls were first started by Chambers of Commerce to make money for the cities), but it seems to me keeping “Gator” in the name wouldn’t diminish that. Maybe I’m wrong.

• ukjaybrat
      11:29 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

the way i understand it is it was always the sugar bowl and will always be the sugar bowl, but they sponsor it through all state

but the gator bowl (the corporation known as “the gator bowl” completely sold the rights to taxslayer, which is why it is no longer the gator bowl.

Those BIG bowls like sugar and orange and fiesta have kept their names because they are the best bowls and make the most money, so they don’t need to sellout, but the smaller bowls didn’t generate enough money, so they sold out or in some cases completely sold their rights.

9. RealCatsFan
    10:53 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

I watched the UofL game last night, and the Spalding kid is a player that I would not mind seeing in blue and white. I think he has a ton of potential – mobile, strong, and a 7’2″ wingspan. If Pitino doesn’t ruin him, he could turn into a really good player.

10. RealCatsFan
    10:54 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

The only thing that really worries me about UCLA is their 3-point shooting. We have been a bit lax about guarding the perimeter, and they could absolutely light us up if we let them.

We CANNOT lose 2 games in a row to UCLA, especially in Rupp.

• J-Dub421
      10:57 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

We have Hawkins and Briscoe. They are two of the best defensive guards I’ve seen in recent years. We’ll be fine.

• Will Urkel be there?

• ClutchCargo
      11:23 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

I don’t know how much Hawkins will be on the floor, but Fox is definitely capable defensively. We are easily the quickest and fastest team I have watched so far this season.

11. UK Big Board Update
    11:01 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

Anyone heard from cats paw? lol

Luether, though…. he mad.

12. RealCatsFan
    11:11 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

I have to admit that I have been one of Mark Stoops’ critics at times, but I am genuinely, 100% happy for him. The man has worked hard and deserves to bask in this success, as do the players. Win or lose in the bowl game, we need to continue to support this team. Hopefully after the bowl game there will be a huge group of fans waiting for them at the airport – win or lose.

• J-Dub421
      11:21 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

My co-workers’ son plays for EKU, but did college visits all over the place. My co-worker went to law school at U of L and is a Louisville fan. He has me the staffs at UK and U of L. He agreed with me that Mark Stoops is a good man, and said he wouldn’t have minded his son playing for him. He also said that Petrino is a good coach but a complete jerk and he would not want his son playing for him.

• J-Dub421
      11:21 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

*met the staffs

• RealCatsFan
      11:31 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

I would love to know who the asshole was who started the vicious rumor about Stoops early in the season. I still think they should be sued for libel.

• BlueDew
      2:27 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

RealCatsFan—Agree 100 per cent. That is someone with little or no character. Image what his family went through with all that crap going on. I’m sure it was hard for Mark and his wife. Hate is something that can destroy people in so many ways. Mark had the last laugh.

13. J-Dub421
    11:44 am December 1, 2016 Permalink

I think we would stomp Villanova. We’re better at every position.