MARK STOOPS calls in while the guys get settled at the DNC (Monday Show Thread)

Mark Zerof | USA Today
Mark Zerof | USA Today
Mark Zerof | USA Today

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Day One of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. MARK STOOPS will call in to the show to talk some football so tune in to hear from your head coach, as well as get the lay of the land for another fun week of radio.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

28 Comments for MARK STOOPS calls in while the guys get settled at the DNC (Monday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:47 am July 25, 2016 Permalink

Hopefully this week will be just as fun as last week, but I am not feeling it 😉

2. Laker Cat 18
    9:54 am July 25, 2016 Permalink

I would be willing to bet that there will not be as much goofing off by the KSR crew at the DNC as there was at the RNC. Just a hunch.

3. Should be an interesting week at the DNC. Maybe MJ will get Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s job.

• runningunnin.454
      10:40 am July 25, 2016 Permalink

Yep, the DNC e-mails were released, and it cost Debbie her job. But, are Democratic leaders going to admit the system was rigged just like Bernie said, or are they going to claim they are “victims”?
      I have it on good authority that the “Russians” released the e-mails because they want Trump.

• UK Big Board Update
      12:36 pm July 25, 2016 Permalink

STICK TA SPORTS!!!!

• runningunnin.454
      1:36 pm July 25, 2016 Permalink

O.K…..did you know Yankees CF Jacoby Ellsbury just broke MLB record by reaching first base via catcher interference for a 9th time this year, and it’s only July.

• UK Big Board Update
      1:38 pm July 25, 2016 Permalink

THERE YA GO!!! If we are gonna complain about keeping politics off this site, its gotta be from both sides.

And I liked Ellsbury when he was with Boston. Good for him.

• Did you know that “on this day in history” was the opening of the XXV Olympiad in Barcelona in 1992?

• runningunnin.454
      3:35 pm July 25, 2016 Permalink

I didn’t know that….Thanks.
      By the way, I always liked the Gadsden flag!

4. Patches
    10:16 am July 25, 2016 Permalink

I am sure that Matt and Ryan will feel like they are in heaven this week, So many criminals to associated with and liars will abound. Waiting for selfies with the biggest liar in politics and smiles all around. Gosh I bet they feel a tingling going up and down their legs.

• Patches
      10:21 am July 25, 2016 Permalink

I also hope the guys wear the Mao jackets like Hillary and appreciate the fence around the arena. Gee fences do work after all …lol.

• RealCatsFan
      11:57 am July 25, 2016 Permalink

Um, “Patches”, seems like you might be the one with the “tingling”. Please try to restrain yourself from hunching anyone’s leg. 🙂

• UK Big Board Update
      12:30 pm July 25, 2016 Permalink

Patches aka The Rest of the story

• Patches
      12:32 pm July 25, 2016 Permalink

LOL was waiting for the liberal know it alls to show. Sorry my comments are over your little heads.

• UK Big Board Update
      12:35 pm July 25, 2016 Permalink

Says the guy who can’t write a complete sentence, and has no grasp of basic grammar.

You see, you’re just proving how much of an idiot we all knew you were. Thanks?

• Sarahvah
      2:28 pm July 25, 2016 Permalink

Lol the Mao comments. I guess he’s a Glenn Beck fan to throw something that archaic out there.

• Patches
      2:45 pm July 25, 2016 Permalink

Big Bore you are such a tool. Have you ever had an original thought? Wait that requires something you do not have. Well anyway keep posing as someone important if it makes you feel better.

• RealCatsFan
      4:28 pm July 25, 2016 Permalink

UKBBU is the tool? LMAO Patches, you need to go back and re-read every one of your posts.

• RealCatsFan
      4:29 pm July 25, 2016 Permalink

Now go get some more ‘facts’ from Fox News.

• Or CNN (Clinton News Network).

• leon singleton
      6:56 pm July 25, 2016 Permalink

fox news is real life for you simpletons that dont no any better

• UK Big Board Update
      8:11 pm July 25, 2016 Permalink

Either there are 4 idiots that loom on here, or Patches has multiple accounts. LOL

5. Realme
    10:23 am July 25, 2016 Permalink

I am one female that missed the memo that if a man says the word “period” I’m supposed to be offended. I didn’t think the joke was funny, but also not at all a big deal. Now if you want to be offensive to me, choose a time I am justifiably angry and tell me I must be on my period since I’m mad.

Also, I don’t see why they tried to make a big deal about MKG’s comments. Even if he was 100% serious (and I’m sure he wasn’t), why can’t he have an opinion that isn’t the perfect pr approved answer? If he’s jealous, that means he thinks the FB team got something great, and they should take that as a compliment.

6. canecat
    10:51 am July 25, 2016 Permalink

Would have been nice if Coach Stoops apologized for the inappropriate comment by his coach(s) about women. Am disappointed.

• ClutchCargo
      11:37 am July 25, 2016 Permalink

While I agree that it was a failed and ill-advised attempt at humor, there is no need for a public apology from the head coach. Time to let it go.

7. CATandMONKEY
    10:59 am July 25, 2016 Permalink

That ” boooo!” Might have been the funniest thing I have heard on KSR.

8. SAustin_wildcat
    11:34 am July 25, 2016 Permalink

Played golf here yesterday with a supervisor from the company that built and installed the UK practice facility lockers(Longhorn Lockers). He was so impressed with the facility saying it is the best he’s seen.

9. RealCatsFan
    11:58 am July 25, 2016 Permalink

KSR needs to start a “Being a Kentucky Football Fan is like…” game. I’ll go first: “Being a Kentucky Football Fan is like being Charlie Brown trying to kick the football while Lucy is holding it.”