Mark Stoops calls in to KSR (Monday Show Thread)

CTOqd6sWoAAf_Hk

Saturday was not a pretty day for the football team, which is facing some major criticism after its third straight rout. There are a lot of questions surrounding the program, and this morning, Mark Stoops will call in to the show to answer them. Tune in to hear Stoops address the situation heading into a crucial game against Vandy. An interesting start to a very interesting week for Kentucky football.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

128 Comments for Mark Stoops calls in to KSR (Monday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Do we win anymore games for the rest of the season? I was thinking we could beat Vandy… but Vegas knows all. I think we can beat Charlotte and maybe that help us beat Louisville.

10:04 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Vandy will be tough. they have a good defense. but their offense is as bad as ours right now. it’ll be a close low scoring game. We can and should win it, but who knows. I still think that even if we lose, we’ll beat charlotte and be 5-6 heading into the louisville game which is where a lot of people predicted at the beginning of the year

10:10 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

I will take a 6-3 victory at this point.

2. ukjaybrat
    9:53 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Airball89 released another video:
    The John Calipari Era V: The Return of The Empire

They are always pretty good. I am STILL not over the Wisconsin loss. But we have a lot to look forward too.

• Realme
      10:10 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Thanks, love those. Having this season start was a big step towards me getting over the loss last Spring, because we have another extremely likeable team. But I still don’t listen if someone starts talking about it on the radio, and it would take years before I’d watch any video or read any books about it, if ever.

10:13 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

It’s going to be a long week. When we tip off Friday I will feel better, but this is going to haunt me more than 92.

3. inside info2
    10:03 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Could you find out from Stoops when the next players only meeting that we shouldn’t be concerned about is scheduled? Gosh, I hope the team gets on the same page again before the Vandy game.

4. dano
    10:10 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Ask him if he thought Kaylee was offended because of the horrible performance on her b-day.

10:11 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Kaylee deserves better.

• Dizzyd2k3
      10:15 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Kaylee deserves me!

5. CATandMONKEY
    10:13 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

We are not as good as when we played ULL.

• dano
      10:14 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

We are the same. Just playing better competition.

10:14 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Well we’ve lost a loty of good players to injuries on both sides of the ball, boom and melvin for starters.

• dano
      10:17 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Boom cannot run through a wall of unblocked defenders. Definitely missing Melvin.

10:21 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

It is HOW we are playing (or not) and adjusting. Tackling is no better this week than it was in August. Agreed that we are playing better teams but we are not even competitive. I truly thought, earlier in the season that we would at least look like we belonged on the field in every game. The last three contests have not shown that my optimism was appropriate. We can win two more but it will take better coaching, playmaking and effort than what we have seen the past three weeks. …and WTH has happened to our kicking/punting game? As has been mentioned previously, HS kickers regularly are able to put the ball in the end – zone. Surely we have someone sitting on that bench with a functional leg.

10:23 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Isn’t Melvin on the D-line?

10:24 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

“Tackling is no better this week than it was in August.”

This is the one thing that pisses me off more than anything else not named the offensive line. There is no reason our players should be HITTING the other players. Last time i checked, all of our defensive backs have two arms, but they refuse, time after time, to use them to properly tackle players. Yes, when you HIT a smaller player, they will usually fall down. But the teams we’ve played to this point have bigger players than us. when you HIT those guys, they bounce off and keep running while you fall down. Need to wrap up. until we wrap up, we’re going to continue to miss tackles.

10:26 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Sorry dano, I see now that you were making two separate comments. Reading comprehension fail. I read better at the start of the season.

10:30 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

A reasonably athletic, well disciplined nickel, at 5’10”, 200 lbs can tackle 245 lb tight-end or RB. We have 300 lb guys unable to tackle a 185 lb guy that runs directly into him.

6. Dizzyd2k3
    10:14 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

I am still ALLIN with this team and I think it’s great to see if Drew is a better in game QB I hope he seizes this opportunity and Towles backs him up next season. I also look at Vandy not being able to game plan against Drew. 7 wins would be great!

• inside info2
      10:16 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Coach Dawson, is that you?

• BigBlue2U
      11:21 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Vandy game plan: Rush porous O-line, pressure QB. Repeat.

7. CATandMONKEY
    10:15 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Matt, we should take a page out of Joker’s playbook and start Dorian Baker at QB. Solve two issues with one move.

8. dano
    10:16 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Why start Towles? He either cannot or will not lead or perform. As least Barker has no history of O Line trauma that will impact his game.

9. Long Dong Silver
    10:18 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

No doubt this team is worse now than at the start of the year. 2 years in a row we’ve fallen apart as the season has gone on. Stoops needs to come clean and tell us what the problem is.

• catdaddyd
      5:38 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Too much dancing during practice and not enough work on fundamentals such as tackling. Rid the practice of dj’s.

10. dano
    10:19 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

The only way Towles puts a jolt in his team is if he takes off his helmet and clubs his OLine and receivers like baby seals.

11. J-Dub421
    10:20 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Our defense played fairly well, they were just gassed in the second half.

12. In all fairness to the players, Stoops should also be asked about his OC & DC and their performances.

13. dano
    10:22 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

There is a drops virus in the receiving corp, and it has infected Conrad.

10:29 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

They ate so shocked when ine of Tolwes’ passes actually meets them, they get stunned and drop the ball. That’s what’s up.

14. J-Dub421
    10:26 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

It doesn’t matter who we play at quarterback. Our offensive line can not block and our receivers can drop passes with either QB.

10:29 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

I’ve been trying to say this all year. no one listens. no one cares. they just expect the unreasonable. make a change, any change, even one unrelated to the actual problem at hand, and expect better results.

• Realme
      10:30 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Agree. Since it doesn’t matter, I’d like to see Drew get some practice.

10:32 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

And it also helps when your qb can accurately throw a football.

10:32 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Jay, I care man…and agree. Either Manning brother would be destroyed in our current system.

10:36 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

you have people that don’t know what they’re talking about, “oh the qb sucks and can’t make an accurate pass, blah blah” but ignore the fact that 9 times out of 10, he’s got 2 defenders in his face less than 3 seconds after the snap. no one will find success with that kind of pressure.

• dano
      10:40 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Jdub you are right. Baker dropped Barkers first pass.

11:43 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Oh, Jay? It doesn’t help when your qb can throw an accurate pass?

11:57 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

listen short dong … explain to me how against teams that couldn’t rush towles (ULL, South Carolina, EKU) he could hit moving targets 25-40 yards down field. But now all of a sudden, he can’t seem to hit receivers 5 -10 yards away. BECAUSE HE DOESN’T HAVE TIME. towles is pretty accurate when he’s not being chased around the field. if you can’t see that then i have no answers for you. you clearly do not watch enough football to have any clue what you’re talking about.

11:57 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

The drops from receivers started after a few games when receivers figured out Pat couldn’t throw the ball into the back of a dump truck. And they gave up. And our O line sucks. A grandma in a wheelchair could cause Swindle to get another damned holding call. It all sucks. Including Pat…including Pat. It just does. And he is the leader of that mess, so hes the focal point. That’s just how it is.

11:59 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Jay, you post too much and don’t know what you are talking about. Pat holds the ball too long. He’s slow to make reads. Now, shut up until you can add something of merit.

• J-Dub421
      12:01 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

The drops did NOT start after a few games dude. Baker dropped his very first target in the first game of the season.

12:03 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Don’t know what i’m talking about ? I’ve played and watched and forgotten more about football than you’ll ever know. so move along tough guy… if you think holding the ball for 2-3 seconds is “hold[ing] the ball too long,” then you my friend are the one that doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

12:04 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Ah, the J-Dub and Jaybrat club sticking up for each other and blindly following. You two suck. A receiver will occasionally drop a pass. They really started dropping them after escaping ULL and that terrible second half at South Carolina.

12:05 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Brat, you would probably piss your pants to be on a football field. You sissy.

12:09 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

You know, I’m not wasting the time. You two have a good day. Maybe go share some of that vast storehouse of football knowledge with our coaches. God knows they could use the help.

12:12 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Towles had at least 5 completions for over 25 yards in the first game alone. Use whatever logic you can to explain how the inaccurate quarterback that you suggest towles is can make those passes, but can’t hit a receiver 5 yards away. what is the mystery?

12:13 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

great… he finally realized he can no longer fight wisdom and facts so he results in name calling. congratulations guy, you sir are the bigger person for “walking away”

• J-Dub421
      12:19 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

If you can’t have a civil argument without resorting to unwarranted personal attacks, then please leave and never come back.

12:35 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

No, I stopped because I remembered that there is no arguing with a fool. Or fools, in this case. As for personal attacks, I think brat started that. So, I’ll just avoid you two jackasses in the future. There’s no arguing with a fool!

12:52 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

you weren’t arguing … you were making false statements and when confronted with facts disputing said false statements, refused to provide evidence to back yourself up.

1:05 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Eveything I said was true. Pat can’t pass, you don’t know football, our O line is terrible, and the receivers have lost faith in Pat. You sound like KSR CSI…lol. Evidence. Lol. Only you and jdub think otherwise. Jdub asserts that no other ab could do better. Really? How would we know? It’s not like we have anything to go on. No one else gets significant snaps. I think you and jdub are the same person. Just a different user name.

1:32 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

“I think you and jdub are the same person. Just a different user name.”
      – well, you’re wrong.

“Jdub asserts that no other [q]b could do better. Really? How would we know?”
      – because the underlying problem is our crappy offensive line and receivers dropping balls. changing quarterbacks will result in the same thing, a line that can’t block and receivers that can’t catch balls.

“Eve[r]ything I said was true. Pat can’t pass”
      – That’s not a fact, that’s an opinion. And I’ve given you a half dozen chances to explain why it is that “Pat can’t pass” but for some reason was able to make plenty of plays for 25+ yards. Yet, you have failed to give ANY explanation for that much less a reasonable one.

1:37 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Wrong again, brat/dub. Look up Pats completion percentage last game..8.5%. How’s that for you? He lost the O line and receivers confidence. That’s how a change COULD help. Again, we don’t really know. Nobody has benn given a real chance. And you don’t know football.

• J-Dub421
      1:43 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

How many minutes has Barker played in the last two games (that he played)? Barker has already been sacked and was injured and had to sit out a game, and Baker dropped two of his passes in not a lot of minutes. My point was, unless our offensive line and receivers play better we will continue to lose games, regardless of who the QB is. Ask yourself this, if the only change you make was switching Barker for Towles, would we have won more games? I don’t think that we would have. In fact, I don’t think that we would have had a few of the come from behind wins that we did get without Towles.

For the record, I am not saying that Towles doesn’t have his issues. Sometimes he holds on to the ball too long and takes sacks he shouldn’t. (Although I think he’s improved at throwing the ball away in the last few games.) He also locks in on one receiver too much. However, I cut Towles some slack on accuracy when he’s usually throwing after having been flushed from the pocket. I don’t expect perfect throws when running from three defenders. We also get way too many holding and false start penalties. Our offense has lots of problems, and there is plenty of blame to go around. I just don’t think QB is the worst or most pressing issue.

Also, it is impossible for jay and I to be the same person. You can only have one login, and your screen name is permanent.

2:14 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

No, you can get as many logins as you have email accounts. That’s all you need. And you know that. Always comment on the same articles, at the same time. Say the same thing…you are both. You use the two try to validate your points of view. I’m used to people not agreeing with what I say, in life. Until months/years later.

• J-Dub421
      2:25 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

“I’m used to people not agreeing with what I say.”

Yet you don’t think that two different people can disagree with you?

2:30 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Long dong…you have no idea what you are talking about. JDub and jaybrat are not the same person.

Our O-line couldn’t protect Tom Brady and our receivers couldn’t catch his passes…that does NOT excuse Towles’ shortcomings though. You deserve that much credit. You also deserve every ad hominem that you have received here.

3:42 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Catmonkey, you would be persona #3. I was just waiting for you to join your schizo selves. And I think I said the o line sucks. I’d make Meadows, Myers, and Swindle leave and never come back, if I could. The receivers I give a pass. I do. The balls Towles gives them earn that credit from me. It’s either 30 ft over their heads and to the right, or if its actually catchable, they will get murderered for having to stop and catch to make said catch.

15. dano
    10:27 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Our offensive line has been BAD for years. When EKU and Lafayette can spend all day in our backfield, we are screwed. Towles is suffering from UKOLD which has no cure.

16. Living Legend
    10:30 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Brett Saberhagen

17. kycats13
    10:32 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

We have had a bad offensive line for 60 years.
    AND, no we have not gotten better since the beginning of the year.

18. J-Dub421
    10:33 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

QUESTION FOR DISCUSSION:

Is the play calling truly bad, or are our players failing to execute properly? For example: several times on Saturday we’d need seven yards for a first down, the receiver would go about five yards on their route and catch the pass, get hit, and not get the first down. Was is a crappy play call, or did the receiver not run their route correctly?

I ask because I know there are people on here who know a lot more about football than I do. I am trying to educate myself on the finer points.

• Realme
      10:39 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

I don’t know more about football, but I think if we just had decent fundamentals, we’d be fine. Tackle, block, throw and catch well, and the play calls will be fine.

10:41 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

It’s a tough question with a lot of answers. short answer is “it’s a little of both”

If the play call was simply to run 5 yards and catch the ball then make a defender miss while running 2 more. then it was a bad call, because our players aren’t good enough to “make a defender miss” with any consistency*

If the call was to run 5 yards and catch the ball then run 2 more while someone is blocking for you, but the blocker was out of position, it was poor execution on the blocker’s part

If the play was to throw for 7 yards and the receiver had to turn around and get the ball, it was poor execution on the quarterback.

* our players aren’t good enough to do anything consistently.

• J-Dub421
      10:48 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Swap out the yardage amounts in my first scenario, and that happened repeatedly on Saturday. I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this and had any opinion on the subject.

Blake Bone has been consistently good in several games about getting to the first down marker, then making a cut to catch a pass, essentially making sure that he’ll get the first down if he catches the pass.

10:51 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Honestly, I was busy fixing a broken garage door during most of the second half. I wasn’t paying close enough attention to get into specific details of the game.

• dano
      11:01 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

I am not sure the receivers are confident Towles can be accurate more than 5 yards down the field.

• J-Dub421
      11:11 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Towles is good at throwing the deep ball though.

11:44 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

J-Dub, what games were you watching that Pat threw the long ball well, and on target? Consistently? I’ve seen every game this season and haven’t see it.

11:58 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

in the first two games, towles had the best percentage of completions/attempts in the sec if im not mistaken. and a pretty good percentage nationally…

12:05 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

in down field plays that is… not overall percentage

• J-Dub421
      12:06 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Towles has hit long passes in every game this season. He struggles with the middle throws. We have had lots of explosive plays for long yardage.

1:06 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

No we haven’t. Our offense is rated pretty low. There have been a couple of plays, sure. Not lots.

• J-Dub421
      1:22 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

From KSR a little over a month ago: “Here’s an odd but encouraging stat: UK has the sixth most explosive offense in college football, with 10.1% of their plays going for at least 20 yards.”

You are wrong, and here are the numbers to back that up.

1:39 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

That was over a month ago….what is it now? Huh, Brat/Dub?

• J-Dub421
      1:56 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Those are the most recent numbers that I was able to quickly find. It still makes you wrong about Towles not being able to throw long passes.

1:59 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

So you’re saying it’s MORE plausible that towles had one of the most explosive offenses a month ago, (and the numbers prove that), but NOW he sucks…. NOW he sucks. isn’t it MORE likely that our offensive line is the main issue? and the offensive line was always bad, but playing lesser talent.. which is why we skated by lesser teams.

Why am i even asking. i’ve asked you several times and you’ve refused to answer every time.

3:47 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

No, I was hinting to larger sample size…duh.

19. dano
    10:42 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

ONE QUESTION for STOOPS: Does he believe the players are playing to their potential?

10:46 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

I cannot believe that they are. I believe Baker, Bone and our TE have great ability and for some reason are underachieving. This seems to be true at most positions. The devil though, is in the details.

20. kycats13
    10:42 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

This is frustrating, that is frustrating, and at the end of the day, it is frustrating.

21. kycats13
    10:46 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

There is no organization. I’m afraid that Stoops is not a good/great manager of the team

22. Dizzyd2k3
    10:47 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

WOAH!

23. andrew59832
    10:48 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Not a lot of answers in that.

24. dano
    10:48 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Can Dumbledore cast a spell on the Offense? Or, can Towles get Hermione to help like he did in the early movies.

25. Realme
    10:48 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

I usually feel confident after hearing from Stoops, but today all I can do is wait and see. Get 2 more wins and go to a bowl, fine. Don’t and this is a train wreck. Who knows how it will play out.

26. Dizzyd2k3
    10:49 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

He needs to call every Monday!!!!! That was amazing!!!!!

27. jopo53
    10:51 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Wow…Coach is being really defensive. I don’t think he addressed any of the problems at all. Just excuse after excuse. Terrible. Own up to the bad coaching/playing and what you’re going to do to improve. He was all over the place.

• dano
      11:06 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

The only coaches in the state who drive the bus over their players and assistants are in Louisville. I would imagine he is angry at what the film shows, and will deal with it internally.

28. CWS
    10:51 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

HE FIRES ME UP!!!!!!! GO CATS!!!!!!!

29. RealCatsFan
    10:57 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Seemed like he avoided directly answering a lot of the questions to me. Like, “How dare you, a peon, question the organizational ability of your head coach!”

• J-Dub421
      11:11 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

I thought he was trying really hard not to throw any players under the bus. Which I am okay with.

30. dano
    10:57 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

As disappointed as I am, I almost bailed on Brooks after 3 years. Then the changes began to show on the field.

Who would have thought we were going into GA and beating them at the beginning of the year? I think it is more the WAY we played than the result.

11:07 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Agreed. I wrote similar sentiments above. At the start of the season I was not deeply into a pipe dream that involved us beating GA in Athens. I could live with a 46-31 loss a lot better though.

31. Duuuuuude
    11:00 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

If sentiment is any indicator, we are at about the same place we were when fans were wanting to show Rich Brooks the door, then they turned the corner. I think Stoops will turn the corner this week. It just feels that way to me.

• dano
      11:03 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Completely agree. Right after we lost to LSU 49-0, we were in the same spot. Then, beat Clemson in the MC bowl, and had a decent ride until the Curse of the Joker took over.

32. dano
    11:04 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Matt never asked him how the team felt about ruining Kaylees birthday.

33. The Rest of the story
    11:07 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Lots of Kool-aid drinkers still on here. Drinking in what Stoops says and believing in a 7 win season is rampant. Matt asked nothing but softball questions and never asked if coaching changes will be made at end of year, didn’t ask why player development is non existent, didn’t even ask why Timmons still receives punts. Typical liberal afraid to hurt anyone’s feelings he so adores regardless of the need.

• BigBlue2U
      11:31 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Most on here probably believed in Santa Claus until they were 16…

11:46 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

kool-aid drinker? nah, but i’d rather listen to anybody with optimism than someone (you) that week after week after week has thrown every coach, player and fan under the bus. debbie downer to the 10th degree. just shut up already. we get it. you hate this coaching staff and team. you never again have to comment on this blog. we all understand your feelings. but please do me a favor… if you wins two more games and goes bowling and proves you wrong, will you please go jump off a bridge?

34. CATandMONKEY
    11:08 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

We need a heavy dose of Chester.

35. Jaxson
    11:13 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Pretty shocked that he said that he’s referencing other schools “practice scripts” to get his team ready.

12:00 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Yeah that’s not something you really want to make known “i’m having trouble so i’m going to get help from other coaches” then why are we paying YOU millions of dollars if you’re just getting help. not a smart thing to admit to.

36. Howdy Doody
    11:15 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Matt Jones pitching soft balls is not an “interview”, it is simply cranking up the Blue Smoke…I heard NOTHING to improve my mood or outlook on the remaining season today.

• The Rest of the story
      11:21 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Said the same thing nothing to see here just move along.

37. Classof89
    11:21 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Matt…per your question to coach about organization, watched the Bama-LSU game and saw a play similar to the play the CATS were so disorganized in. In that situation, Bama had 19 players on the field waiting on LSU to decide on their play, once LSU sent their players on, 8 Bama players ran off the field. They were ready BEFORE LSU was! THAT is organized!
    I still think we’ll get there! GO CATS!!

38. BluKudzu
    11:25 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

I thought the questions were good, right up to where Stoops blew his lid. Apparently, his idea of organization, team improvement, are vastly different from every other coach in the college football. I do appreciate his one statement, and maybe I am reading too much into it at this time, when he basically said this team is just not built to play strong against good competition yet. Perhaps I did not read as much into as I should have. I was thinking by his response to the questions, he was pretty sure we were going to get waxed on each of the last 4 games.
    I think we have won our last SEC game. I do not think we will beat Louisville, this year or anytime in the near future. This team just is not capable, We have too many holes in coaching, on offense, defense and special teams. So coach as you had asked of your fans, “Come on, give me a break.” I guess we are asking the same of you, give us a break, do your job and win games.
    After this interview, I am not confident in Coach Stoops either. I do indeed Like the guy, but no improvement in three years, does not make me think there will be in 5 years, especially if we end up 5-7, or worse, with the schedule we had this year.

11:36 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

I still think we beat UofL to end the season though not nearly with as much confidence as I had after the first five games. I have to think ( even if it is ridiculous homer-think) that the final game at home, against a hated rival, gives us some esoteric/mysterious advantage. I would appreciate any donation of recently harvested KY ‘s finest, so I will at least have an excuse for such ridiculous thoughts.

• BigBlue2U
      11:41 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

^^ Ridiculous homer-think.

11:53 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Redundant comment as it is referenced within my post. Reading comprehension is your friend, BigBlue. A second grader could infer from my comment that I don’t really believe it, but wish I could.

39. dano
    11:29 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

What did some of you expect from the interview? For Stoops to identify specific coaches and players by name? Then, tell everyone what he was doing to change it?

40. The Rest of the story
    11:30 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

How in heaven’s name can anyone see this team in a bowl game when they have not played a good game one single time this year unless you count Missouri who is just so bad the players do not even want to play anymore. Look at each game and UK could be 1-8 right now and then how would the Kool-aid drinkers feel right now. Come on people the wheels on this bus are gone and not going anywhere.

41. The Rest of the story
    11:36 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

In other news the BB Cats take on an NCAA tournament team in Albany this Friday. Gotta wonder how this team plays against a zone defense which I am sure will come sooner than later. No one is gonna run with them for sure. Albany is a guard heavy team with not much inside scoring so should be a fun game to watch.

42. CATandMONKEY
    11:40 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

A pooj punt sounds a bit adult-oriented to me.

43. cav3
    11:40 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Pooch punt Matt. You’ve never heard of that? http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictionary/nfl/pooch-punt.aspx

• The Rest of the story
      11:41 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

It wasn’t a punt it was a kick off.

11:54 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Uh, no shite-Sherlock????

44. dano
    11:43 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Is that like Pitino’s spooj shot?

45. BigBlue2U
    11:44 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Holy moly. No wonder we have the Big Blue Smoke Machines in full effect around here! Our site’s founder feeds us all kinds of “football knowledge,” and doesn’t know what a pooch punt is??? Aye-yigh-yigh…

11:55 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

He was making fun of the caller’s inability to speak proper English. Duh.

46. Laker Cat 18
    11:51 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

The fact that the basketball team plays it’s first regular season game this week, but all us fans are concerned with the lack of success for the football team tells me everything I need to know. To have us still interested in football after our recent slide says a lot. The early season wins gave us that hope. Hope that we haven’t had before. Normally, we wouldn’t care enough about football right now to even be upset. Although at a slow pace, football is changing for us.