Marcelys Jones signed a financial agreement with Ohio State and Kentucky

Here is an interesting plot twist for you in the recruitment of Marcelys Jones. KSR has learned Jones signed a financial agreement with Ohio State and Kentucky.

The agreement is part of that new NCAA rule for early enrollees that binds the university to the recruit but not the recruit to the university, which is why he was able to sign for both schools. He will be able to enroll at either university for the spring semester.

So tell that to your Ohio State friends when they try to tell you all this Jones-to-UK talk is just internet chatter, and that he will be in Columbus next week because he already signed.

It is still anyone’s game — or it might just be Kentucky’s.

Article written by Drew Franklin

23 Comments for Marcelys Jones signed a financial agreement with Ohio State and Kentucky

1. @William_Titan
    7:35 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

wow this kid is smart. way to consider your options bro! o yeah… 1st.

2. Admiral Halsey
    7:47 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

Smart kid. Also helps to keep them guessing as to where you’re going.

3. big blue
    7:55 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

Hey guys even if we don’t land all these guys @ least UK is being mentioned and recruits will take notice

4. Andy
    7:56 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

I think if UK were to get Jones, a lot of OSU fans would be happy. Be careful what you wish for….

5. Steve Jobs
    8:03 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

Your mobile site has malware on it that sends iPhones to the iTunes store when in comments section. Might wanna look into that.

• Uhhh
      8:18 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

Not only the iTunes Store problem, I got re-directed to a sex toys site… Haha I was a little surprised

• Uh oh
      9:03 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

Uhhh I think you get redirected to a particular site based on your cookies/browsing history. In other words, “Steve Jobs” must frequent ITunes or music sites, while “uhhh”, you apparently are being a naughty boy.

• Uhhh
      9:20 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

That would be false haha I haven’t been on any of those for a while haha. It was completely random!

• Steve Jobs
      9:57 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

No, ads on the site are often from retargeting networks that will display ads for sites/products you’ve visited. Being redirected to another application (I said iTunes when I meant the App Store) without touching anything is a site/server issue.

6. jake
    8:03 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

Andy, Why would OSU fans be happy? i have heard before he wouldn’t be a huge loss for for them?

• Andy
      10:20 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

Overweight and has looked less than impressive as the season has gone along. OSU has a long relationship with Glenville with Ted Ginn Sr as the coach. Each year there are multiple D1 players from that program. Lattimore is the gem from there, the other 2 are good role guys to fill ships. If Jones goes to UK it opens up a ship for someone else. Jones committed a long time ago and hasn’t impressed since then.

7. Good Work
    8:07 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

Nice job Drew and way to stick it to Urban’s blinded followers. Also, love the attitude. I’m Drew “mother f*cken Kenny Powers” Franklin!

8. monkeyhumpnafootball
    8:10 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

We’ll have to wait and see but sure is nice to be considered.

9. SoCal Will
    8:18 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

An Ohio kid the Wizard Marrow really wants! Bet the kid is a Cat….

10. W.W.B.B.N.D?
    8:43 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

I am sure the OSU fans will say they did not want him anyway. BBN does Marcelys!!

11. Lewibear0420
    9:10 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

I hear Jones is rooming with Matt Elam at
    the All-Star Army Bowl game. Dont you
    know that’s making Urban Meyer nervous?

• Yep
      9:20 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

Urban has the #2 class right now. I doubt this makes him nervous.

12. shepdog3720
    10:26 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

I just hope it doesn’t cause him to have a “health condition” that forces him to leave UF, I mean OSU!

13. Lewibear0420
    12:34 am January 3, 2014 Permalink

You don’t think it’s going to bother Urban
    if the University of Kentucky flips a highly
    regarded commit to Ohio State that hails
    from a OSU pipeline High School led by
    Ted Ginn, Sr.? Come on, get real. Heck
    yeah, he doesn’t like the leverage that Stoops
    Troops are getting in Ohio. I really don’t this we
    Have a chance of getting g Marshon Lattimore or
    Erick Smith from the same high school. But I
    guarantee that Urban has taken notice of UK ‘s recruiting.

14. beavis
    8:42 am January 3, 2014 Permalink

Right on , Lewibear. If this kid is over rated like some on here suggest, he has a lot of college coaches fooled. I will trust in the coaches judgement.

15. Franko
    10:50 am January 3, 2014 Permalink

Hope he goes to Kentucky ……..Buckeyes need the scholarship for a real player.

16. NBA league pass
    11:56 am January 3, 2014 Permalink

whether we get him or not, it is GREAT to see UK recruiting out of NE Ohio now. I’ve been saying we need to be doing this for years. Even getting 2nd or 3rd tier players in a football rich state could improve our team. Just look what UCF and USF have done in florida, most likely getting players that were passed over by UF, FSU and the like.

17. Lewibear0420
    5:16 pm January 3, 2014 Permalink

Why are OSU fans even on here?
    And don’t say you’re not an OSU
    fan if you say you hope Jones goes
    to UK because Jones is not good
    enough for OSU. You must be curious
    how Mark Stoops Troops are making
    so much noise coming off is a 2 win
    season. Does it make you feel good
    to brag about how much better your
    recruiting class is than ours? First off,
    I don’t think there is very much difference.
    Secondly, I’ve been a UK fan (all sports) my
    whole life, so I can say this. But, given that
    OSU has much more football tradition than UK
    does, Stoops Troops is out recruiting Urban.
    Stoops has a much tougher job, yet he is kicking
    butt. I’m not going to your elitist tOSU website,
    So I’ll say it here. Our football program is on the
    rise and we are doing much of our hard work
    In your back yard. Now to me stooping to your
    Level, ha. Our basketball program has way more
    Tradition than tOSU as evidenced by our bball
    Team beating your #1 team a couple of years ago
    and took away the NC you thought you might get.

Watch tomorrow at the half of the All Star Army game
    For UK to get more publicity than tOSU.