Malik Newman’s still waiting to see which UK guards leave for the pros

maliknewman

LSU and Kentucky are two of the perceived frontrunners for combo guard Malik Newman, and today, Newman told Khadrice Rollins at the McDonald’s All-American festivities that although LSU is making a push, whether or not Kentucky’s guards leave for the NBA will play a major role in his decision. As it should.

As a reminder, April 26 is the early entrant deadline for the 2015 draft. Here’s where the Cats are in the latest mock from Draft Express:

1. Karl Towns
6. Willie Cauley-Stein
17. Devin Booker
19. Trey Lyles
39. Dakari Johnson
53. Andrew Harrison

If Kentucky wins the title, I expect all of the Cats will receive a major bump in draft stock, hopefully enough to get Aaron on the board. Until then, fans and recruits just have to sit and wait.

15 Comments for Malik Newman’s still waiting to see which UK guards leave for the pros

1. Hakmer
    6:00 pm March 30, 2015 Permalink

Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell and sophomore guard Terry Rozier are planning to enter the NBA draft, coach Rick Pitino said Monday.

• Rixter
      7:13 pm March 30, 2015 Permalink

Were Pitino’s lips moving when he said it?

We all know what that means…..

2. ColoradoCat3
    6:08 pm March 30, 2015 Permalink

Why are the Harrison’s so low? Andrew should be similar to where Teague was drafted and Aaron should be at least as high as lamb. The only difference btw Aaron and booker is booker is a slightly better shooter.

3. Neal Orac
    6:30 pm March 30, 2015 Permalink

As great as it would be if Newman came. I’d be ok with Briscoe, Matthews and and combination of our guards joining them.

4. Mc12
    6:47 pm March 30, 2015 Permalink

I’d be happy if the twins return. I don’t think they will. I’d have to imagine that somehow Briscoe was in contact with them or heard something to sign.

5. mikeintn
    7:05 pm March 30, 2015 Permalink

I’d be happy if Aaron and Andrew stayed also, and think they should, I think if they played good for a full year, they would make themself some money.

6. bharlan24
    7:06 pm March 30, 2015 Permalink

Lyles, Booker and Johnson should return.

• Bledsoe's Biceps
      7:47 pm March 30, 2015 Permalink

Johnson maybe, if he remains a projected 2nd round pick. But why in the world should Lyles and Booker return, if they remain solid mid 1st round picks. That is guaranteed millions for at least two years and likely more. No way they should pass that up, especially with the year each has had personally and as a team.

• Catsby80
      8:46 am March 31, 2015 Permalink

if lyles returned next year, he could go from 15-20 to 5-10… that’s a HUGE difference in money.

7. plumloopy
    7:18 pm March 30, 2015 Permalink

Ill take the twins. I’d rather have them all…

8. Bobbum Man
    7:36 pm March 30, 2015 Permalink

Twins are gone guys… Been a done deal all year

• WeareBBN
      7:52 pm March 30, 2015 Permalink

I think the starting 5 and Booker are gone. Would really love to see Booker stay {would love for all to stay but being realistic}, and his friendship with Ulis may help that happen. Still got Ulis, Matthews {maybe Booker}, Poythress, Lee, Briscoe, Dakari, Skal. With those leaving Newman may come and we have a great shot at Jaylen Brown. Diallo may come if Dakari goes.

9. 1war
    7:48 pm March 30, 2015 Permalink

The mythical bump from winning the championship simply doesn’t exist.Doron,Teague, Terence, shabaz , Singlar, Siva,Russ Smith, the whole Duke 2010 roster, etc…… Non of them stock increased from where it was before the tournament.

10. DT in DC
    8:27 pm March 30, 2015 Permalink

I just don’t how you go if you’re projected late second round. That’s not even guaranteed money, right?

11. King Kelly Coleman
    8:17 am March 31, 2015 Permalink

What are the odds that Andrew leaves and Aaron stays?