Malik Monk, Austin MacGinnis and one fun weekend for BBN (Monday Show Thread)

monk-bw

There is a ton to get to this morning after a fun weekend for Big Blue Nation. The guys will recap the Blue-White game, the SEC Network’s trip to town and, of course, Mark Stoops’ enormous win over Dan Mullen in dramatic fashion.

Let’s get to it.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

52 Comments for Malik Monk, Austin MacGinnis and one fun weekend for BBN (Monday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:07 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

2 questions:

Why does Tony Delk insist on calling him Bam Adebado, even when the guy sitting next to him said it with the y sound a million times?

Should Missouri be a 4.5 point favorite?

• CATandMONKEY
      10:11 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

Mizzou gets points for a home game. Losing to UK would hurt. They will be motivated but The Cats can take the victory home.

• J-Dub421
      10:30 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

Missouri looks ripe for the picking to me. They just lost at home to Middle Tennessee State.

• ukjaybrat
      10:32 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

except for this past week, their record can be explained away because they lost to some good teams Florida, LSU, West Viriginia. and put up some gaudy numbers against EMU and DSU.

The Georgia loss is questionable because we don’t really know how good or bad they are. and this past weekend was really questionable, but they still put up some gaudy numbers. It will becally come down to how well ourt defense plays with very little depth at linebacker and can our offense keep up with theirs.

• bouzoukiman
      10:39 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, we can’t take anything for granted. We have to get this win, because we’ll beat Austin Peay, then if we get even one more W after that, it’s icing on the cake.

• J-Dub421
      10:40 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

Hopefully we didn’t lose too many guys to injuries. For a while there it seemed like our defensive guys were getting roughed up, those most came back in after a few plays.

• J-Dub421
      10:41 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

*though, not those. Sigh, Mondays.

2. RealCatsFan
    10:25 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

I am on vacation this week putting the duh in Flori-duh. Was walking on the beach yesterday with a friend who had on a UofL shirt. He is actually a Cats fan, but his son is attending Louisville as a team manager for the basketball team, so now he feels like he needs to give some equal time. Should I disown him as a friend?

• ukjaybrat
      10:30 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

Is it UofL or UofL Basketball ?

Personally I would give him crap for it (but in a joking manner).
      If it were me, I would design something like
      “I’m a UK fan but my son made a poor decision and goes to UofL so I have to wear this shirt”
      Or something funny

• Realme
      10:33 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

Disown no, unless he starts to throw up the L or say L1C4. Be seen with him in public? Maybe stay far enough away that people won’t put the 2 of you together. 🙂

• bouzoukiman
      10:36 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

If he at least stays away from the tats and the grills and the flat bills, then it’s all good.

• bouzoukiman
      10:37 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

Oh, and the line beards.

• J-Dub421
      10:43 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

No Crown Royal either, Kentucky bourbon only.

• RealCatsFan
      10:58 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

He has alopecea, so no worries about line beards, and he doesn’t drink. He is actually a great guy, I just like to give him grief.

• RealCatsFan
      11:01 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

The really funny, and somewhat sad thing,was that when we were walking on the beach, there were several Louisville fans going up to him and yelling Go Cards. He may have even had an L sign flashed at him. To his credit he just smiled and did nothing else.

• RealCatsFan
      11:02 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

I am going to be sure to rock my UK gear on the beach today!

3. bouzoukiman
    10:34 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

Austin MacGinnis = Money MacKickins (thanks to Jack Pilgrim for that yesterday!)!!!

I’m proud of Austin since he played high school ball in the neck of the woods I now live in. Way to go Money!!!

4. J-Dub421
    10:35 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

I am proud of our football team. They could easily have gotten disheartened and given up there at the end, but they didn’t. It was good to see our guys fight back and take the win.

5. Realme
    10:37 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

IDK why Matt is pretending he agreed with the time management when he himself complained on Twitter.

• bouzoukiman
      10:40 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

I guess he had an epiphany afterwards.

6. BTW, which coach was that kissing Stoops on the cheek at the end of the game?

Also, Stoops tackling McWilson after the pick 6 was great.

• J-Dub421
      10:46 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

That was the McWilson we’ve all been waiting for. I was glad that he and Timmons both had good games.

7. Realme
    10:43 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

I was very much expecting a pain-filled 1 point loss, so when the fg was good, I was just totally numb.

8. Superstar Bill Dundee
    10:47 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

Need to beat Missouri so we can avoid going into the uofl game with 5 wins again.

9. CATandMONKEY
    10:54 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

I believe that was truly Ryan’s understanding of the band’s name.
    Ryan FTW

10. Realme
    11:01 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

I hate to admit this, but that day some of you were discussing the home-schoolers on public school teams issue, I was too distracted by the Tebow shirtless in the rain photo to focus on the issue under discussion.

• J-Dub421
      11:12 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

Tebow is quite the looker…

• RealCatsFan
      11:19 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

I am a guy, so hard to comment from that perspective, but if my daughters some day bring home a guy like Tebow, I would be ok with it. Yes, even if he us a Florida fan. Double yes if he is rich too.

• runningunnin.454
      6:43 pm October 24, 2016 Permalink

Whoa, Ladies.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:07 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

My wife told me that she has been listening to KSR on podcast. It’s like falling in love all over again. 🙂

• Realme
      11:09 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

My husband and I have a “did you hear what Ryan said” or “that Chester Darryl fight was awesome” conversation at least once a week. It’s fun.

• RealCatsFan
      11:17 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

She might start reading the show thread now, so I guess I better behave. 🙂

• ukjaybrat
      11:22 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

my wife listens with me on podcast whenever we take a road trip but she isn’t really a regular listener. wish she was. it’d be just one more awesome thing we can talk about every day. oh well

12. Realme
    11:09 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

Jojo is in a cast.

• J-Dub421
      11:12 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

That’s not good.

13. Chesters Daddy
    11:13 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

I think Isaac is gonna be huge this year. But I thought he shoulda been playing against Thomas Bryant lat year

14. J-Dub421
    11:13 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

I was pleased with Dominique Hawkins. He’s always been a nasty defender, but he looked super confident on offense as well.

• Realme
      11:15 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

I hope he has a special year.

• J-Dub421
      11:26 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

Me too. Hawkins is always smiling and happy. I really like that kid.

15. ukkatzfan
    11:14 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

You want to know why women like Tebow? Watch “40 days and 40 Nights”.

16. RealCatsFan
    11:15 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

If Mulder truly was the best player on the court, and continues to be that, and Cal doesn’t play him,then I think that is really going to give ammo to critics of Cal’s “players first” philosophy.

• Realme
      11:19 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

Cal tends to mention him before he mentions Dom lately. I think he’ll get some time and either earn more, or fade back into the bench.

17. J-Dub421
    11:33 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

I don’t get the knock on our shooting either, Hawkins can shoot, Fox can shoot, Monk can shoot (didn’t he win the 3-point contest at the McD’s All American game?), Mulder can shoot, Gabriel and SKJ both have good range as well. Briscoe looks much improved. Willis isn’t the only player on the team who can shoot.

18. Realme
    11:37 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

Do we have more caves in KY? is right up there with do ducks lay eggs? for Ryan-esque questions from Matt recently.

19. ukkatzfan
    11:57 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

People complain about Saul Smith for 4 years, yet they don’t name him now as a player for Tubby. smh. Good news for Brad Cal.