Major recruiting analyst predicts Isaiah Todd to Kentucky

Kelly Kline | Under Armour

Photo: Kelly Kline/Under Armour

If you take the word of at least one major recruiting analyst, Kentucky is expected to land one of the most talented prospects in the class of 2020, five-star forward Isaiah Todd.

Image result for isaiah todd Isaiah Todd (2020)
Power Forward | 6-10 | 195 lbs.Richmond, VA| Trinity Academy Of Raleigh

AAU: Team Loaded VA

ESPN No. 8 | 4 PF Top247 No. 18 | 3 PF
Rivals No. 15 | 2 C 247 Comp. No. 13 | 2 PF

Evan Daniels of 247 Sports, one of the most connected recruiting insiders in the game, made a Crystal Ball pick for Todd in favor of the Cats.

Corey Evans of Rivals.com also listed Kentucky among the four main competitors for Todd’s services should he decide to make the jump to 2019.

He does, however, believe North Carolina is the team to beat as of today.

“By making such a move, the four programs that stand the best chance with him consist of Kentucky, Maryland, Oklahoma State and UNC,” he said. “UK has yet to offer, but there is a chance that he could visit Lexington before the college season wraps up. Until then, the Tar Heels may be the program to beat. He has visited the campus a handful of times this winter and the assets that he possesses are the exact traits that the Tar Heels are looking for with the potential losses of Nassir Little, Cam Johnson and Luke Maye in mind.”

Sources have told KSR over the last several weeks that Todd was leaning toward reclassifying to the class of 2019, with Kentucky being a prime candidate for his commitment if that jump were to happen. With Kentucky’s options dwindling down in the class of 2019, I’m told Todd would be one of their top targets to close out this recruiting class.

As mentioned in the Monday Insider Notes, we’ll learn more about Todd’s recruitment and his reclassification status when his season ends next week (at the latest).

Until then, you can watch his highlights here:

Come on down, big fella.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

16 Comments for Major recruiting analyst predicts Isaiah Todd to Kentucky

1. runningunnin.454
    10:04 pm February 14, 2019 Permalink

Get him some triple cheeseburgers.

2. bigbluenationmbb
    10:05 pm February 14, 2019 Permalink

He’s super good seeing his highlights hopefully we can get him but if I can get McDaniel’s and or hurt I will save this kid for the class of 2020

3. VirginiaCat
    10:08 pm February 14, 2019 Permalink

I see that Duke is not recruiting him, so we have a shot. He doesn’t appear to be a super elite player who can immediately impact the program, but we would have his talents for 5 months and he could develop nicely by March tournament time.

4. UKCatAttack
    10:26 pm February 14, 2019 Permalink

Skal 2.0?

• UKCatAttack
      10:27 pm February 14, 2019 Permalink

Or maybe Durant 2.0

• KyZoneBlitz
      10:50 pm February 14, 2019 Permalink

I think Todd is more talented than Skal, especially with the ball, but ecen Skal missing 80% of his high school career came in 20 pounds heavier. IMO, dude is a really long 3 ala Durant. If he does come, hits campus, and packs 60 pounds on, I stand corrected, lol.

• 2015betterthan1996
      11:36 pm February 14, 2019 Permalink

He has a much better looking jumper and tighter handles than Skal.
      That being said I really wonder what position he would play at UK. I imagine it would have to be a stretch 4.

5. KyZoneBlitz
    10:48 pm February 14, 2019 Permalink

I think Todd is one of the most skilled players in his class, or the 19 class, but at 195 pounds, it does not solve our post situation, he seems more Durant, than any Power, or even stretch 4s. If he were 215-225 eight now, it wouldn’t be a big deal to quickly bump up to 250-ish and have some power to bang.

• Jack Pilgrim
      10:55 pm February 14, 2019 Permalink

His coach told me he’s 205-210 lbs. right now, FWIW. Said that would be his playing weight in college.

6. bigblue2284
    11:34 pm February 14, 2019 Permalink

Seems like a UK recruit, not elite so we have a shot. How things have changed for us over the last 4 years, the first 5 were amazing this last 4 have been rather pedestrian on the recruiting end.

7. Smyrna_Cat
    12:20 am February 15, 2019 Permalink

That seems like a pretty shaky prediction.

8. BigolBlue
    1:02 am February 15, 2019 Permalink

Nick Richards 2.0

9. CahillsCrossingNT
    7:37 am February 15, 2019 Permalink

“UK has yet to offer” appears to mean that they hope to get a player or two ranked higher. Nonetheless, I hope they are able to get him. It’s also presupposed for some reason that every prospect is being rated correctly, which I’ve never understood. I remember one analyst rating Avery Bradley above John Wall, which turned out to be quite inaccurate. Down the road a number of these guys will turn out to be overrated and underrated. Just look up past NBA drafts, and the miscalculations are staggering.

10. BIGBSCOTT
    10:40 am February 15, 2019 Permalink

This guy is probably our best chance for a physical inside presence next year..I see that Sasha Killya-Jones has been dismissed from NC STATE…Any chance he would/could return to Ky?

• coolclay
      4:21 pm February 15, 2019 Permalink

I doubt it because he didn’t like all the attention of being a UK player. That’s why he transferred.

11. BIGBSCOTT
    7:01 pm February 15, 2019 Permalink

I thought he transferred because of the prospect of little playing time this year and beyond..Nick,PJ,EJ and Reid…He likely would have been 5th man in a 2 slot rotation…And then he figured Cal would get Wiseman and no telling how many more “big” studs..I think he saw himself getting lost on the bench, just like I think Greene saw unfolding..UK is not for everybody,but I think those that do attend UK WANT the bright lights…I think they leave when they think the lights are not bright for them..