Mac Jones’ Reaction to Hinshaw’s Tweet

It’s been a week since Mac Jones pulled the trigger and dumped the Cats for the Crimson Tide.  During the fallout, quarterbacks coach and co-offensive coordinator Darin Hinshaw Tweeted the following quote, a Tweet that was retweeted by Lane Kiffin.

After speaking with several Alabama media outlets about his decision, he discussed his reaction to the fallout earlier today.

“Coach Hinshaw probably didn’t mean to blow it up like that. He’s allowed to tweet whatever he wants. Coach Kiffin told me he was going to get my back and he retweeted it. I was pretty happy about that. It shows that Coach Kiffin has my back. The other twitter stuff, I didn’t really read. Some people shot direct messages at me on Twitter and Facebook, got my number, stuff like that. People were pretty pissed about it. I had to read those because I didn’t know where they were coming from. But I feel like I handled it pretty well.”

He didn’t discuss his deleted response, but he did reveal that he didn’t completely blindside the Cats, calling UK’s coaches before announcing his decision.  “I felt like it was my responsibility. I  have respect for all the coaches there and feel like they are on the rise.”

This should close the curious case of Mac Jones and Kentucky.

[Al.com]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

9 Comments for Mac Jones’ Reaction to Hinshaw’s Tweet

1. david8577
    10:13 pm June 13, 2016 Permalink

Time to wish him well, unfollow, and support the guys we have.

2. Angelo
    10:17 pm June 13, 2016 Permalink

the kid would be insane to turn down Alabama. UK is on their third OC in 3 years. Unless Stoops can find a way to pay under the table, UK will always be a doormat.

3. nybrasky
    11:06 pm June 13, 2016 Permalink

Not necessarily insane. Only 2/13 HS QBs that Nick Saban has signed at Bama have gone on to be starters for Bama. So, statistically, there’s a much better chance the next time we hear about Mac Jones it will be his transfer.

But your points on UK are true, and it would be VERY tough to turn down Bama. I just hope it works out better than it has for 85% of their QB recruits. Actually, I don’t really care.

4. Cousins Fake Tooth
    1:15 am June 14, 2016 Permalink

F him.

• InigoMontoya
      8:28 am June 14, 2016 Permalink

Classless.

Here’s your sign.

5. ky1988
    6:35 am June 14, 2016 Permalink

I will bet gunner hoak will have better career in sec over him.

6. Han
    8:47 am June 14, 2016 Permalink

Man, if he thinks he can rely on loyalty or consistency from Kiffykins, he’s in for a pretty big surprise.

7. StuckinLville
    9:10 am June 14, 2016 Permalink

No but when you keep saying you are 100% committed to UK knowing you have an Alabama scholarship you are strongly considering, that is where you went wrong. You may have called them right before hand, but you kept leading them on. And that is why you deserve to have a snake in the grass like Kiffin as your coach. You may go there for the glory, but it’s like UK, you will get recruited over. And I’ve always wondered what makes this guy so great because he looks rail thin. Either way, QB isn’t really an issue for us right now so go ahead and enjoy being a back up.

8. theWilkman
    12:26 pm June 14, 2016 Permalink

I doubt Kiffin is even there any more by the time he plays (if he doesn’t get recruited over, like others have said). I definitely understand why he chose Alabama, but it’s not exactly the same “sure” thing as a PG choosing to play for Coach Cal – the success rate for QB recruits at Alabama is pretty dismal, as nybrasky pointed out.